Question about the game

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about the game

I know the game has voip, im just curious if it breaks each faction into squads? I mean if i am on comms is there seperate channels? Or is it just a massive channel with everyone talking over each other
    Sent from my SPH-P100 using Tapatalk 2
    "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Re: Question about the game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOCYJ...ailpage#t=136s

Comment

Cool, thanks :D

Sent from my SPH-P100 using Tapatalk 2
      "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

No problem, as far as I know Voip will have it's own UI in the game Options.

Comment

looks awesome
          |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

How bout let's make this the ask a question thread?

How does the server system work? I know that each server holds something like 2,000 players. So will the game makers own all the servers, or will communities run them, or a mix of the two? Does your player only exist on the server you made him on, or does it translate to all?

Comment

I believe everything is run by SOE. There will be multiple servers in the EU and NA. I don't know about transferring characers between servers, but I would expect that to be an option in the form of a micro-transaction($).
              Viking

Comment

Each server will have more than 2000 players. At launch after beta there will be 3 continents on each Planet (server) and each continent will have 2000. There will eventually be many more that 3 continents.

1 character per server. Not sure if they can ever be transferred though.

Comment

With battles on this large of a scale what does the game offer in the way of command structure? Obviously I think bf2 nailed it perfectly, is there something similar in planetside?

Comment

Originally posted by Ven View Post
                    With battles on this large of a scale what does the game offer in the way of command structure? Obviously I think bf2 nailed it perfectly, is there something similar in planetside?
                    Very.

10 man squads with SL's.
                    SL's have waypoints etc a la BF2
                    3 squads form a platoon
                    Platoons form outfits (TG will have outfits)
                    1 supreme commander per continent
                    Multiple continents
                    Assigned missions
                    Multiple voip channels (vehicle, SL to SL, Command, squad, talk of their being direct)
                    Map markers
                    iOS and Android apps that.....actually just watch this:

MAYBE multi monitor support a la supreme commander but not for a while if at all.

Everything that BF3 should have been?

Comment

I wonder what you have to do to be supreme commander?

Be in a wheelchair, impotent, and jobless/trustfund? So that you can have the necessary level of 'no-life'? Have an ethernet connector implanted, with a new technology that SOE is secretly about to publish? Seriously wondering though. How do you pick someone from 650 players per faction?

*a wild images of south park's WOW episode appears in visual cortex* *in underwear with urine stains*

Comment

From what I understand they are going to have empire leaders, this info is old at this point. Basically if would work similar to twitter, you as a player would vote to follow a person as a commander. The person with the most followers would end up in command. That was a long while ago and I haven't heard much about command past the outfit level. My feeling is at that level it hasn't been finalized yet.

Comment

Omg the supreme commander is going to be a 16yr old girl with boobs bigger than her brain then. Awesome ;D. Yes Sir! Commander Little Miss Sunshine!
                          Last edited by BigGaayAl; 07-16-2012, 05:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BigGaayAl View Post
                            Omg the supreme commander is going to be a 16yr old girl with boobs bigger than her brain then.
                            All hail the Bewbies :icon_eek:

Comment

Lol you should trademark that: "bewbies" :D or add it to urban dictionary. As more girls game these days such a term might be of use.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X