New here so how does it work?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New here so how does it work?

So i am new to TG, so how does the whole thing work when it comes to us getting a bunch of good players and working as a unit? Is this something as the ps2 group really going to be/get orgainized? Do squad leaders get picked or everyone gets to have there chance at command or is it more relaxed? I was looking at other types of clans/community's for sh*ts and giggles, 3 clans/communitys banded together one focusing on each of the different types of tasks that warfare is built upon, one for transport/sniping and tanking, other for air/ground power and other is shock troops. I was just wondering how even if leaders are picked for units, are we going to have a special groups with in our team? band up with other community's? Are we just going to go will-nilly into the game where we don't have to focus on anything and just play? I understand that this is a community Not a clan. Hence since this is new to me I just need some clarification/ what is everyone else's thoughts? Have we decided were all going one side? Should we decide now?

I know I am new and my opinion doesnt count, or isnt a heavy opinion. but ill shall throw it in and you can yell at me later :)
    I am a big fan on structure/orginization. Warfare is like Art, the canvas is my enjoyment of team play and achieving a goal(slaughtering enemyies).
    I for one don't like limiting someones role in a battle. I like to be water ever changing to the envirment in front of me. I am not the type of sniper most people in games come to hate, think of it more like black hawk down sniper just a master of weapons/roles. However, specilization in a game of this size could prove help full. Perhaps squad based specilaztion where the squad members pick with in there own respective squad? Maybe I am just so used to structure (my job is LE) I am used to my partners/other co-workers were on auto work-together we know what are roles are in a situations based on our training. I further more relish in the idea of leading men/women into combat.

So please if yo someone can shed some light or maybe there 2 cents would be awesome.

Re: New here so how does it work?

Sort answer to most of it is we are waiting on beta. TG focuses on teamwork but as to the details alot of this will get worked out in beta. The only official thing after talking with Apophis on the subject is, if the playerbase wants it TG will support an outfit in each faction. Right now we seem to have a large group interested in NC a smaller group interested in TR and a handful interested in VS.

The rest will fall into the "most likely going to happen this way area"

Each Outfit will have a group of leaders officer/squad leaders ect that will provide in game leadership as well as dealing with admin duties within each faction.
    While people will look to officers/squad leaders for ingame leadership, junior members will be encouraged to "step up".
    You can expect organised play. We have veteran members of BF titles as well as the ARMA series and other games, that are well versed in Squad/Platoon leading.
    Generally in the past Squad Leaders assign roles to members in their squads.
    Outfits will probable generalize or have a infantry focus.

Comment

I want that feeling of working as a team to kick some butt. So I am all for helping us out even asking other communitys to team up with us, since the voips you can connect other outfits and such.

A techical question, how is ts3 set up for Large scale engagments? For example this clan I was in it would be huge number of players 50 at a time. We would seperate the channels per squad and only the squad leaders could talk to eachother/talk to the commander, it would keep the chatter down. (I know about the in-game voip but curious on the TG end)

Comment

I am on the move today so can't give details, but trust me, if that is what your after you will find it here. More details when I get them down on paper as it were....;)

Comment

Originally posted by Snipurs View Post
          I am a big fan on structure/orginization. Warfare is like Art, the canvas is my enjoyment of team play and achieving a goal(slaughtering enemies).
          I couldn't have worded it better for myself. You will certainly find like minded players amongst TG. I usually play squadleader, and I value organisation way over skill. I'd rather have a player of any skill that is really working with me than someone that will kill all the enemies at the cost of immersion :p.

Comment

Originally posted by Snipurs View Post
            I want that feeling of working as a team to kick some butt. So I am all for helping us out even asking other communitys to team up with us, since the voips you can connect other outfits and such.

A techical question, how is ts3 set up for Large scale engagments? For example this clan I was in it would be huge number of players 50 at a time. We would seperate the channels per squad and only the squad leaders could talk to eachother/talk to the commander, it would keep the chatter down. (I know about the in-game voip but curious on the TG end)
            We could do the same, but with squad/platoon level of voip we might not need it.

Comment

As I come to release my passion for this game is just retarded, geeky-gitty. I havent been this gitty since first Call of duty or SC2 came out. The possibilities for the grand scale warfare of this game is so appealing. You can actual perform a text book flanking maneuver.

even with the different customization options we can even have a detailed squad personalities. (freespace2 comes to mind with the different units: Example is the Suicide Kings whos main job was to hunt down nukes)

Comment

I don't think we have set Squad leaders, but some people enjoy it more than others and step up to the position. We do have a "command structure" set up to admin the community.

Usually people will specialize in what they enjoy and they fill those roles as needed depending on the situation. For example, the In-House-Squad the 6th Devil's Brigade tends to specialize in infantry with a methodical mindset and the 15th Expeditionary Force tends to specialize in armor/aircraft and support roles (as well as being 1337 at everything else :D ).

Here is a video showing what looks to be the 6th running infantry with the 15th and 10th running apcs. There is are no voice comms in the video but there would be constant communication between the inf SLs, apc SL, and CAS.

This has some voice comms and is the first video of four. They were taking during a TG internal scrim that I believe lasted around 4 hours
                Viking

Comment

Tactical Gamer is A Community Full of Mature gamers that play games the way they are meant to be played.

If you are looking for Mature Team based Tactical Gameplay with some fun and Welcoming People from all over the World, then this is the right place to be! ;)

In some games the sniper was seen as the bastard child, BUT a sniper that runs with the squad and stays behind the squad can be quite effective, and by staying back I mean keeping up with the squad without staying too far behind and helping out the squad, it is a fine line of a sweet spot that needs to be found. ;)

Staying in the same spot as a sniper and not moving with the squad is one sure way of creating a weak point within that squad.

Comment

Thanks for the videos, very informative.

Originally posted by MrMojay View Post
                    Staying in the same spot as a sniper and not moving with the squad is one sure way of creating a weak point within that squad.
                    Exactly to be honest I find my self more in the thick of battle and perfer a DM(designated marksmen) role then sniper role. This i has just been my handle since I was 10-12 playing Moh. However I do get warm and fuzy firing a well executed shot, re-locating confusing the enemy and giving intel to the squad. My friend says it best, a sniper is recon first and killer second. Although I havent "played" the beta so i don't know what my niche will be.

Comment

The best Sniper takes a shot, then changes position and takes another shot, if no kill, moves and takes another shot, all while coordinating with the squad, NEVER Falling too far behind, if you are called to take another Kit, do it! I like a good Recon in my squad as long as they Run with the squad.

TG is all about Teamwork, coordination and tactics with a bit of fun thrown in, and judging from your responses you will fit in quite well, but you will be called upon to change kits for the better of the squad. ;)

By all means become the sniper of snipers (chris hooper :) ) but do not be a player that can only do sniper.
                      Last edited by MrMojay; 07-20-2012, 09:40 PM.

Comment

Maybe i wasnt being clear, (no sleep does that :) but I am leaning more towards close coorder combat, just don't let the name fool you. its what i ment but I think it got lost with the whole roles stuff :)

Comment

It's cool.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse