Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who are you? (AKA the meet and greet thread)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who are you? (AKA the meet and greet thread)

Planetside 2 is getting a lot of attention here at TacticalGamer, and with the beta set to kick off soon™ there's quite a crowd forming, eager to try it out. It's drawing people from all over TG - some of whom will not have met their future-comrades before - and from outside TG as well - who definitely won't know anyone here.

So, here's a place to say a little bit about yourself. What other games you play, how you discovered TacticalGamer, where you're from, what you do, what you like, and to welcome newcomers and veterans alike. Feel free to say as much or as little as you wish - the only rule is be friendly!
    |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
    Irregular since 2007.

Re: Who are you? (AKA the meet and greet thread)

¸Seeing as I'm already here, I might as well kick things off.

Hey everyone, I'm westy. I'm a British university student, currently studying physics. I've been at TG a few years now, been a part of the Irregulars (our In-House Squad for non-supporting members) for slightly less than that. First arrived here through the Project Reality mod for Battlefield 2, but I also played a lot of Battlefield 2142 and a bit of Bad Company 2 and BF3. Been on a bit of a break from multiplayer gaming for a few months but I'm hoping to get back into it when Planetside 2 hits.
    Looking forward to squadding up with you folks in the beta and beyond! :)
    Last edited by westyfield; 07-29-2012, 06:41 AM. Reason: added a bit more info
    |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
    Irregular since 2007.

Comment

TheLancerMancer here, most refer to me as Lancer or TLM. I hail from Central Pennsylvania in the USA, and during the fall and winter I inhabit a university in the eastern part of the state.

I ran into TG thanks to a friend from another group in autumn of 2010, who invited me to play in the twice a week Call of Duty 4 nights that TG was running towards the end of CoD4's lifespan here. I was essentially between groups at the time, and after a couple weeks I registered on the forums, and about a month after that I put the tags on for the first time. I followed that mangy, clinically insane bunch over to Black Ops and never looked back. I co-founded the now disbanded 77th Headhunters IHS and also did a short stint as a CoD Admin here. Once Black Ops fell apart I drifted over to Battlefield Bad Company 2 for a little, joined the 16th (wonderful bunch of guys for any of you looking for an IHS), and played the alpha, beta, and full release of BF3 and have done some time as a BF Admin. As a player I set the personal goal of being at least proficient with the Recon or Sniper-esque loadouts of each game I play, so expect to see me on Infiltrator a lot in Planetside 2. (Ask Ven about the catwalk on Summit in Black Ops sometime ;) )

I'm currently with the 56th and shall be into the foreseeable future, and I'm looking forward to whatever Mechwarrior Online and Planetside 2 have in store for me. In the meantime I play DayZ, Tribes Ascend, and the odd game of BF3 here and there. Hope to see you all in beta and full release!

"Over the din of battle could be heard Lancer’s maniacal laughter and it spurned us on to stay the course, not to give up, and enjoy." - Grimmfist

Comment

Originally posted by TheLancerMancer View Post
        I'm currently with the 56th and shall be into the foreseeable future...
        Darn right you are! :icon16:

My name is Aruncado and I've been here for five years or so. I've played BF3, BF2, PoE2, TF2, Left 4 Dead, Killing Floor, a little PR, and probably half a dozen other games with TG. I've been a member of the Irregulars, 3rd SFD, TG-Mth, and now leader of the TG-56th. I've participated in competitions (both bracket and ladder) and helped to win several of them. I was even a BF3 admin, worked heavily with O'Niell and Ribbons to get things back up and running, and am still the most highly decorated TGU instructor in TGs history (mostly thanks to the Instruc-Terror event I set up for BF2142). In short...I've been here for a while and done just about everything. However, I've recently had to back down my playtime and responsibility around here because Arithea (my wife if you didn't already know) and I are expecting a new player to join our party in Septemter (AKA-We're having our first child)!

All that being said: I am really excited about Planetside 2! Ever since BF2/2142 all the games that have been coming out have been more toward the Call of Duty experience. No that there is anything wrong with Call of Duty. I just have been missing something with squads, VOIP, large maps, vehicle combat, well designed classes, gameplay that encourages tactics/teamwork, etc. Planetside 2 looks like it will give TG the opportunity to go back to that style of play and type of game. I of course will be playing a medic and/or driving a tank...or maybe trying to figure out how to mount the nanite revival gun to the barrel of the tank. If either of those roles comes as a surprise to you then you don't know me very well. I would like to think that my defibs jockey skills are pretty well known around TG. :row__577:

....ohhh year, and the Terran Republic fall! New Conglomerate for the win! Power to the people! Educate and empower the masses! Free your mind and the rest will follow!

....hang on, scratch that last one. :row__523:

Comment

I'm undead, hi! Mantis told me to come to this place six and a half years ago. I came for BF2, stayed for the hookers and blow I was promised, but no one ever delivered on that. ;) I dabbled in quite a few titles over my six year stay.

Comment

First off, my join date to the left lies. I'll get to that shortly.

Ferris Bueller, TG's resident king of cool, president of phenomenal, and sultan of swagger: at your service. Actually, forget everything in that last sentence except for my name and the "at your service" part. Cause those are true. Some people like me, some people hate me, nobody fears me, and I sound like I'm 12. Yep, I said it.

My humble beginnings at TG came from playing Natural Selection with another community that no longer exists. As it was in it's decline in 2004, one of the members there who was a friend of mine was talking to me on IRC (if you dont know what IRC is, I swear...) and suggested that I check out this awesome community called TacticalGamer. I jumped on the forums, poked around for a bit, like what I saw, and then went for a game on the NS server. LONGEST. GAME. EVER. Heavy armored marines vs 2 hive fades/lerks/occasional onos. If you've never played NS, that means nothing to you. Basically, deadlocked game for the better part of 3 hours. I had a freaking BLAST.

After that, playing at TG was the only way to fly. However, my moniker in the forums and on the server at the time, which I felt like was a clever joke, was being misinterpreted horribly. So I started a contest on the server to re-name me. Thus, Ferris Bueller was born, with the reasoning being that my aim is so horrible that it's like it's ALWAYS my day off. Now, at the time, it was much easier to create a new account than to trouble the administration to change my name. So, after more than a year with TG, I started my account fresh. Thus, you know why I say my join date to the left lies.

At present, I'm a member of the 6th Devil's Brigade in-house squad, I'm TG's Developer Relations Officer, member of the Content Development team, Video Production team and if you've received an extrernal scrim ribbon since, oh, 2008, I made it for you. I'm a veteran of TG's NS, CS:S, BF2, PR, BF2142, BC2, BF3, DayZ, and MMO communities. I have no preference in gaming. I'll play a Hello Kitty game if its interesting (and bloody) enough. I'm very approachable, I talk a lot, and if anyone needs assistance with anything they think I can help with, please dont hesitate to ask. Oh, and I'm a nurse IRL, so you might hear me chatting about medicine on occasion on TS. I do give medical advice, but it's $50 USD/hr and I only accept small, non-sequential bills to be delivered to a discreet mailing address in the Cayman Islands.

Looking forward to PS2! Cheers!

Comment

Hi all! Many of you probably know me already but for those of you who don't, here's my story. I've been playing video games since I was 2 years old. I actually got my own personal computer when I was 2. So it's no surprise I still play them today. But here's how I got into the TG community. I picked up BF:2142 when I was around 12 or 13. I loved that game so much. I started to play on the TG server because it was one of the only servers who actually used mics and teamwork. I was probably annoying to most back then, but I've changed I promise :D I joined TG back in 2008 and have participated in an internal scrim or 2. Some of the funnest games I've ever played. I have played 2142, BF2, BF2:PR, BFBC2, with TG. But I have a lot of many other games I play with my fellow TGers such as Killing Floor, Civ 5, War Thunder, World of Tanks, and DayZ mod for Arma2. So if you guys see me around say hi! I dont bite :)
              sigpic

Proud to have been an Irregular, HeadHunter, and a Siege Corps Engineers!

Comment

Like Ferris said, my join date is a lie. I started off at TG way back in the heyday of 2142. Eventually after going on hiatus I came back to TG and some may remember me from Black Ops and Bad Company 2. I used to play BF3 all the time, but I am taking a break from the grind, with slower paced games like Day Z and plain Ol' Arma II. I have never played the first Planetside, but to be honest all the hype by John Flenaly and crew convinced me to try out PS2. I don't care much for the politics between the three factions, but I will most likely go NC: 1. Cause Blue is an awesome color, and doesn't make you look like a Giant RED target, or a freakish looking purple people eater. 2. Because I love FREEDOM!!

See you all on the Battlefield!
                sigpic

Comment

I am johnflenaly and I am Planetside!

Comment

Ello yall, I hail from the land of Battlefield from back in the day when it was still Battlefield starting with 1942 and every title since. Been heavily involved in the modding and custom map scene with Battlefield games especailly PoE. "Battlefield 3" was too much of a deviation from the core game for my tastes so I have left my beloved series and been playing other games like Killing Floor, Skyrim, and a bunch of others I got from Steam Sales. Nothing else Battlefieldish has come out to play.

Planetside 2 has a lot of appeal to me. I love the teamwork oriented massive all out war combined arms experience; it is what drew me into Battlefield and is what caught my eye for Planetside 2. I love the concept of the perpetual war that rages and the zones. Free to play is also nice but with it is a fear that the game will be pay to win... but everything I have read up to this point seems to suggest PS2 is not pay to win.

I also am a big fan of some of what I have read about unlocks and balance. I am not a fan of unlocks as IMO vet players and new players should stand on equal ground seperated only by skill and tactics. PS2 developers have stated that new players should have no problem taking out vet players as the unlocks add depth and variety, not necesities for battle.

Anyway a lot to be excited about andsuper glad to be here. I look forward to working with many of you on the Battlefield and destroying the rest. ;)
                    Battlefield Samurai 'Banzaaaiii!!!

Comment

Hello, I'm the famous figure from south park. I started playing video games to counter the very prevalent anti-gay demeanor in online games by my fabulous presence :p.

I remember playing the BF2 demo. One day I get in this squad and this squadleader is yelling at me all the time in voip... Come this way! Go that way! Follow me! Faster!.... I instantly loved it, later looked up the server name... Tacticalgamer. So I've been playing here since the demo.

I usually pick one game that offers good teamwork possibilities, and therefore interesting tactics and strategy, and play that for 3 to 5 years. Trying to organize something big with a lot of real people and then seeing it unfold, seeing the other team respond with unexpected tactics... that is the best gaming experience there is for me. I also like playing a game for a long time so you can really know it, understand it, so you can then use tactics, change them based on experience etc. In the end the game is irrelevant to me. It is the team-sport aspect that appeals to me. The game is just a tool which needs certain things like voip and command structure.

I'm very hopeful for PS2 because it seems PS2 will meet my 'sine qua non' requirements, AND will offer interesting innovations (playercount, mission system, expanded command structure, mapsize) that will directly affect what I care about in games; teamwork and tactics.

Some time into BF2, and party because IHS squads would be full :p, I started squadleading. It turned out to be my thing. I played squadleader almost all the time in Project reality, for years. It is my preferred role, and my style is to be defensive more, and lead from the back, as I am not the best shot. I can't wait to have my first look at the game so I can finally start theorycrafting. When I squadlead I very much like to play with any skill player, as long as they don't rambo off on me. Fairplay, and winning by outwitting the enemy these are the things I strive for. A good game is when the opposing team also says GG at the end. Not when they never got a fighting chance cause you killed em in spawn :p.

Comment

Hello, I'm knew around these parts and intend to stay for quite awhile. First off about me heh. My personal life I am currently Law Enforcement, waiting to go top pay so i can move out. Planning to join the Marine Corps reserves aswell and after that go back to school for Law. I would say I am a role person in game I would rather have a single shot rifle then a ppsh any day ;)I pefer to accurate shot over spray and prey. I love being in the front lines but I also love the supportive role, and ill have the patience for sniping, So i can't say I just fall into just one catagory. My mind set is to master all weapons in a game, I pefer to be Special forces and learn not only my weapon but my enemy's weapon, I usually end up choosing what is needed for the team. I love to talk, and I am a proud red headed italian!

I Played games since I was 10-11, hence my gaming handle hasnt changed since then I played from Starcraft, Medal of honor, then Call of duty came out, Bf1942 (all mods mostly, PR, desertcombat) Bf2, bf3 Ive played pretty much about anything that envolved shooting and team work. Once I found realism in cod 2 I stuck with it for awhile. I did some competition in COD, just TWl was in charge of some clans ran scrims and admin forums. I actually took a break since Clans in general gave a bad taste in my mouth between the biggest thing was drama that took the fun out of gaming. I then saw PS2 coming out, and at the same was starting to miss that feeling of working as a team, squad leaders leading a group into battle. Just the over all thrill of meeting someone from a different part of the world and forging friendships (many gaming friends I still talk to this day and have met in person, showed'em around New York City then BIG lan party at my house). I then looked for a Community a place that was serious minded in game but not stricked on the "We own your soul, you have to be on 5 nights a week" I have a rotating schedule so I am always lossing a day and gaining a day, and my hours are never in stone, Like today I worked from 7 PM yesterday to 7AM today. I never know when I am coming home. I then came across this community, hovered around read as much as I could and decided this is worth investing my time/money. There is just WAY to many like minded people in TG who think like I do. (never thought possible we gingers are a different breed, you know with no soul and all)

Any way glad to be here can't wait to kick some butt in PS2 and mechwarrior online, and mechwarrior tactics.

Comment

hi all, I'm dill. I come from about 25 minutes south west of Philadelphia (in the humble town of West Chester, yes Bam Margera lives a few streets down from me). I started gaming (singleplayer) back during Call of Duty 2 and played all the COD campaigns (love them) and got turned to bf2142 when my bro started playing it upon its release which than started me on the epic journey to multiplayer games. and for all who haved asked me, "dill, where did you come up with the name, dillweed?" it was entirely my brother, he made it for 2142 and i took it :p so i played 2142 for 2 years ish, than my best friend turned me onto TG, at first i was like ehh never joined a community before, but i started playing on your servers was welcomed, loved the team work mics, some Jazy nades thrown down Latina's famed "grenade alley" on Camp Gibraltar and I was hooked :) so i've been here.....3 years since the beginning of this month i guess :p after 2142 died on its death bed, i turned to mw2. I kept the TG tags played with some friends.....and one day i stumble upon a player (you oldies form the counter strike days will recognize) the old leader of the 32nd IHS Leader, Suid. He played with me through mw2, and stopped on black ops, than I joined vinman, and the 77th and lance and those guys in BO for a while and i was part of multiple other clans (always keeping my allegiance to TG of course) but than MW3 came, stuck with suid and he formed a clan and yup. I also was a big part of BF3 but am now entirely engaged in planetside 2. I am part of the Irregular's IHS (ensign in the BF3 platoon ;)) and yup :) that's about it......everyone i have met here has been awesome and dont regret a minute of it

excuse my poor writing....im trying to write my summer reading paper and i typed this fast so i could get back to work...oh and im 17

Lance, do you live near state college?
                          |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

Originally posted by di1lweed1212 View Post
                            Lance, do you live near state college?
                            If he lives in East Stroudsburg like his location says, he's quite a long way from State College (farther east than you are, actually). I hate the fact that living in western PA somehow made me learn the geography of the state. I hated that place.

Comment

Originally posted by Aruncado View Post
                              Darn right you are! :icon16:

My name is Aruncado and I've been here for five years or so. I've played BF3, BF2, PoE2, TF2, Left 4 Dead, Killing Floor, a little PR, and probably half a dozen other games with TG. I've been a member of the Irregulars, 3rd SFD, TG-Mth, and now leader of the TG-56th. I've participated in competitions (both bracket and ladder) and helped to win several of them. I was even a BF3 admin, worked heavily with O'Niell and Ribbons to get things back up and running, and am still the most highly decorated TGU instructor in TGs history (mostly thanks to the Instruc-Terror event I set up for BF2142). In short...I've been here for a while and done just about everything. However, I've recently had to back down my playtime and responsibility around here because Arithea (my wife if you didn't already know) and I are expecting a new player to join our party in Septemter (AKA-We're having our first child)!

All that being said: I am really excited about Planetside 2! Ever since BF2/2142 all the games that have been coming out have been more toward the Call of Duty experience. No that there is anything wrong with Call of Duty. I just have been missing something with squads, VOIP, large maps, vehicle combat, well designed classes, gameplay that encourages tactics/teamwork, etc. Planetside 2 looks like it will give TG the opportunity to go back to that style of play and type of game. I of course will be playing a medic and/or driving a tank...or maybe trying to figure out how to mount the nanite revival gun to the barrel of the tank. If either of those roles comes as a surprise to you then you don't know me very well. I would like to think that my defibs jockey skills are pretty well known around TG. :row__577:

....ohhh year, and the Terran Republic fall! New Conglomerate for the win! Power to the people! Educate and empower the masses! Free your mind and the rest will follow!

....hang on, scratch that last one. :row__523:
                              Congrats on the addition to the fam arun!

sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X