This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Server Choice Version 2

Don't know why I didn't make this into a poll in the first place. This is just to get an idea where everyone is at, nothing is set in stone.
    East 01
    9.68%
    East 02
    35.48%
    East 03
    35.48%
    West 01
    3.23%
    West 02
    6.45%
    West 03
    3.23%
    Euro 01
    6.45%
    Euro 02
    0.00%
    Euro 03
    0.00%

The poll is expired.

Re: Server Choice Version 2

East works best for me. I voted East 2, but any of the East servers would work.

"Everytime I read your posts I do it with Morgan Freeman's voice in my head as if he is narrating your life" - Aimed

Comment

Originally posted by Damonte View Post
      East works best for me. I voted East 2, but any of the East servers would work.
      Same.

sigpic

Comment

East gets my vote based on location, though in practice I've not noticed much difference between east and west.
        |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
        Irregular since 2007.

Comment

Are these going to be the same servers/designations used when the game goes production? Or are these servers beta-only?
          Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

Originally posted by Apophis View Post
            Are these going to be the same servers/designations used when the game goes production? Or are these servers beta-only?
            Don't know, I wouldn't assume so.

Comment

Originally posted by johnflenaly View Post
              Don't know, I wouldn't assume so.
              Yeah, that's my guess too.. I'm sure they'll want to support more than 18,000 simultaneous gamers. :)

I'm going to try and hunt down the IP addresses for the servers and see if I can accurately geolocate them to figure out where they REALLY are.
              Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

Yeah, that's my guess too.. I'm sure they'll want to support more than 18,000 simultaneous gamers. :)

I'm going to try and hunt down the IP addresses for the servers and see if I can accurately geolocate them to figure out where they REALLY are.
                That is a good call.

I see no reason to be setting stuff in stone yet. I do understand the desire to get auraxium and to focus the efforts to get it on one server, but there will be multiple character wipes. However in the spirit of voting, I vote East 03 as that is where we have been for the last few days, and the other 2 east server give me bad lag. Since the start of Beta those servers have been poor leading me to think they are testing different hardware as well on their end for the servers.

West servers are OK for me but I would much prefer East. And Euro servers....meh....bad teamwork on those.

Comment

Nice! The only reason I started on the West servers was because the East ones were down when I first got on. I agree that the least buggy East coast server would be best so that our friends across the pond and further east have an easier time on it. I haven't seen it for myself, but some people have said that certain servers have certain bugs or just don't work for them. Maybe we should check if that's still the case on those servers with this latest patch. I'd like to be on the one that has the best population. Last time I was on West 02, you had to search for the enemies.

Comment

East for our euro-bros!
                    Skud

Comment

It doesn't matter to me, just so long as I get to play with TG.

Comment

Just don't pick a server and a faction that already has an incredibly huge population advantage... no good feeling when you're rolling a map and you have more people than the other 2 factions combined.

These Things We Do... That Other's May Live

Comment

Originally posted by Serjikal View Post
                          Just don't pick a server and a faction that already has an incredibly huge population advantage... no good feeling when you're rolling a map and you have more people than the other 2 factions combined.
                          A lot of those problems will be changed once you can only make 1 Character per server. This will allow them to "lock" one side or mess around with the numbers to help the other sides lacking. Right now in beta it's just a free for all. but there still collecting data on how many people is to many for one faction.

Comment

Can't edit my post. But also it depends on when you get on, I signed on on East 2 at 9 AM today and its 50% TR 33% NC and 11%Vn. how ever later tonight you'll see the numbers for NC around 30-40 and TR 30 and vanu usually 20%.

Comment

Voted East 2.
                              East seems logical as long as the servers work ok. East01 sure didnt that 1st week of Beta hence us early folks heading West.

|

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X