September 7th 2012 Patch notes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• September 7th 2012 Patch notes

The Beta servers have been updated with a number of changes to enhance gameplay. Players may not the following:

Known Issues:

There are a few issues with base shielding which may prevent them from coming up or down as expected. These issues will be resolved as soon as possible.

General:

A few crash bugs and stability tweaks have been made to provide a more stable gameplay environment.
    Iron Sights on all weapons have been tuned.
    Link Dead members will now pass squad leadership to the next available member.
    New certifications have been added for aircraft.
    Zurvan and Dahaka capture mechanics have been adjusted head to the World Design here to learn more.

Notable Bug Fixes:

Switching to a weapon with a scope while aimed down sights will no longer cause players to see their weapon through their weapon's scope.
    Proximity mines will now explode when an enemy is near or they are shot.
    Voice Chat HUD should now be correctly labeled for Squad, Platoon and Outfit.
    The gunner seat in a vehicle is no longer inverted when inverted flight controls are selected. “Invert Vertical Look” is now the authority for vehicle turret controls.

Vehicles:

The following Certifications have been added to the Galaxy, Liberator, Scythe, Mosquito, and Reaver:

Speed
    Turn Rate
    Vertical Thrust
    Braking Force

The Quad has been tweaked to provide better handling.
    The fire rate of the Scythe and Reaver has been adjusted to be closer to the Mosquito.
    The cone of fire on the Scythe, Reaver, and Mosquito has been increased.

Aircraft have had the following changes made:

Rocket Pods will now do reduced damage to infantry.
    Rocket Pods will now need to hit a tank directly to inflict damage.
    Direct hits on tanks will now inflict more damage.
    Scythe Rocket Pods now have an increased fire rate.
    Reaver rocket explosion radius has been reduced.

The following changes have been made to Air to Air Missles:

Damage has been reduced on all missles.
    AoE Damage has been reduced on all missles.
    Lock on range for missles has been reduced.
    The lock on timer has been increased by a half second.
    The lose lock on timer has been decreased by one second.
    The lock on angle has been decreased.

Interface:

Tank Mines, Spawn Beacons, C4, and mines can now be spotted and seen on the mini-map.
    Player whispers should now be functioning correctly.
    The Vehicle Managment Window now allows players to set vehicle permissions and remove people from their vehicle.

World:

Seabed Listening Post now has an additional spawn room and terminals.
    Indar Communications Array now has an additional spawn room and terminals.
    Ti Alloys now has a Spawn Control Unit, turrets, and an additional spawn room.
    The Palisade now has an additional spawn room, terminals, and a Spawn Control Unit.
    The Blackshard Iridum Mine now has an additional spawn room, terminals, and a Spawn Control Unit.
    Lost end Outlook now has an additional spawn room, terminals, and a Spawn Control Unit.
    NS Research Labs now has an additional spawn room, terminals, and a Spawn Control Unit.
    Snake Ravine Look out now has an additional spawn room, terminals, and Spawn Control Unit.
    Phalanx turret flak damage has been increased.
    Skyguard turret flak damage has been increasd.
    Burster MAX damage has been increased.

Infantry:

The Nanoweave Armor, Advanced Shield Capacitro and Flak Armor certifications are now available.

Weapons:

Rocket Launcher speed and acceleration has been increased.
    Heavy Assault Anti-air rocket lock on has been increased by a half second.

Detailed World Changes are noted here: http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/i...h-notes.15185/
    Teamwork and Tactics are OP

Strait /strāt/ (Noun) A narrow passage of water connecting two seas or two large areas of water: "the Northumberland Strait".

Re: September 7th 2012 Patch notes

And a new funky stand-on-an-angle bug has been added, along with the old favorite -- fall-through-the-floor-upon-respawn-and-die bug!
    sigpic

Comment

Do a direct hit with rockets interesting, Further more less damage to infantry, so what are we suppose to use? the Mustang 30?

Comment

I would like to add that teleporters are now automatic, you need not press 'E' when entering them. A personal observation.

Some have observed that there appears to be a timeout now for inactive players. Possible end to Auraxium AFKers.

Strait /strāt/ (Noun) A narrow passage of water connecting two seas or two large areas of water: "the Northumberland Strait".

Comment

Originally posted by Strait Raider View Post
          The cone of fire on the Scythe, Reaver, and Mosquito has been increased.
          Noticed this earlier. Was hovering around in a Reaver providing fire support for a friend who was assaulting a checkpoint, I could barely hit enemies that were 30m away. The laser-accurate machine guns we used to have probably were too good, but this nerf is severe indeed. They've pretty much removed all anti-infantry capability from the default gunships - gonna have to get rockets or an improved cannon with AOE damage now.
          |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
          Irregular since 2007.

Comment

Originally posted by westyfield View Post
            Noticed this earlier. Was hovering around in a Reaver providing fire support for a friend who was assaulting a checkpoint, I could barely hit enemies that were 30m away. The laser-accurate machine guns we used to have probably were too good, but this nerf is severe indeed. They've pretty much removed all anti-infantry capability from the default gunships - gonna have to get rockets or an improved cannon with AOE damage now.
            Thats what I think the Mustang 30 AH is for TBH.

Comment

Do the flying mechanics for the reaver feel different?

And the cone is horrid. I couldnt hit an ATV earlier. I'm anxious to see how it affects A2A combat.

Comment

I don't know if this is new or not, but we discovered it tonight.

If you spawn a vehicle (Galaxy, Liberator, etc.) you can hit "N" and it brings up the following options (IIR):

Open
                Squad Only
                Pilot Only

We tried the "squad only" option, and a random player who was already in the Liberator was automatically ejected. Thus, only players who were in the squad could enter the vehicle. What we also noticed is that anyone in the squad could hop in the pilot seat. This is kind of a big deal. I would assume if you left a vehicle "open" then anyone could take off with it, but I haven't verified this. Anyone tried to see if this is what happens?

Comment

Originally posted by Coridon View Post

If you spawn a vehicle (Galaxy, Liberator, etc.) you can hit "N" and it brings up the following options (IIR):

Open
                  Squad Only
                  Pilot Only

We tried the "squad only" option, and a random player who was already in the Liberator was automatically ejected. Thus, only players who were in the squad could enter the vehicle. What we also noticed is that anyone in the squad could hop in the pilot seat. This is kind of a big deal. I would assume if you left a vehicle "open" then anyone could take off with it, but I haven't verified this. Anyone tried to see if this is what happens?
                  Ah! I forgot all about this while functioning as an SL tonight (my first full night as a functional SL, bear with me!) but this was one of the features I was really looking forward to.

I hope to test these functions tomorrow.

Comment

Fantastic update I bet. Rocket pods may do reduced damage to infantry, but I bet they'll still tear them apart with some accuracy. And increased damage on direct hits on tanks? Looks like the pods are even more anti-armor than before. Stronger flak too, more fight. A2A also tuned down. The increased cone of fire does suck though, the defaults already sucked horribly at being anti-infantry.

Comment

Originally posted by Coridon View Post

Open
                      Squad Only
                      Pilot Only

Its actually squad/platoon only. One of the things this does is normally the pilot seat is limited to the person who spawned the vehicle. Using the squad/platoon locks the vehicle to the squad or platoon members, but it also unlocks the pilot seat to anyone in the squad or platoon.

Comment

Originally posted by WhiteFyre View Post
                        Fantastic update I bet. Rocket pods may do reduced damage to infantry, but I bet they'll still tear them apart with some accuracy. And increased damage on direct hits on tanks? Looks like the pods are even more anti-armor than before. Stronger flak too, more fight. A2A also tuned down. The increased cone of fire does suck though, the defaults already sucked horribly at being anti-infantry.
                        Yes the rockets do more damage on direct hit but do less damage on AOE. and less damage on Infranty thus limiting there use I guess it turns it into a "Hit your target" and less "I am just going to put as many rockets in that direction as i can" lol

Comment

Well that's the point. I already nail my targets though, so I'm interested to see how fast a tank goes down now.

Comment

Originally posted by WhiteFyre View Post
                            Well that's the point. I already nail my targets though, so I'm interested to see how fast a tank goes down now.
                            Well the rockets are more for strafe running and carpeting bombing. but I guess the over did the AOE damage.

I tried it on a mag rider, 5-6 rockets it took to get it critical, but you only get 36 rockets in total a lot of reloading. Fighting max's are hard since they count as infantry. and trying to kill a quad is pretty annoying. But It's not that bad it just makes you more selective of your targets and "zoom" on rocket pods really helps. All and all pretty good. Just the cone effect on the main guns are retarded you could be less then 100 m away and unload all 50 and the target be standing still and miss 15 rounds, those 15 rounds are critical especially going against a Scythe. Still killed the bugger but if he had a clue what his doing forget it lol.

Comment

It's probably the standard betatest shinanigans, though. Find out you might have overdone something, cut it way back (say 25-30%), then see how it improves and fine-grain it from there.

<04:11:24> *** You are now talking in channel: "TFP - Task Force Proteus"
                              <04:16:25> "|TG-XV| Tralic": this channel is so gay
                              DICE needs to make a comical boxing glove attached to a spring punch the player in the face 40% of the time they get into a helicopter or jet.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X