Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions..

A couple of questions from a PS Newb...
    What are those secondary targets (like gens or control panels etc) for? I know you can destroy them and get points, but do they "inhibit" something..or weaken defenses/no resource gen etc? I know I have tried to repain some at times but I cannot.. Is there a requirement to repair them (Beyond being an Engineer). Do you need complete control of the points to repair them?

I have done the "instant action " thing a few times and ended up at a vacant but enemy controlled structure. I stand near a control point but nothing happens...can I cap it if I am the only one there? Is it just a matter of TIME ...I see no indication that I am near the Control point on a progress meter on the cap.

I was a squad leader based on the INSERT auto squad join, but I have no idea on how to set a BEACON...is that something you get automatically as a Squad Lead or do you have to Buy one? If so is that just a Modified config or do I have to CERT for one?

What are you guys Buying for upgrades at this point? I am not sure where to start..is there an IDIOTS guide/wiki on player building or are you just playing it by ear during the beta?

And finally..

Have we set down the "Official" servers for the Factions yet? I started my dude on East 1 but see some are playing on East 3 so I deleted my First Character and moved over...Just dont want to keep doing that...(and keep my same name)...

Thanks..

P
    |TG|ARMA Pathfinder
    ..now where did I put my keys?

Re: Questions..

Originally posted by peardog View Post
    A couple of questions from a PS Newb...
    What are those secondary targets (like gens or control panels etc) for? I know you can destroy them and get points, but do they "inhibit" something..or weaken defenses/no resource gen etc? I know I have tried to repain some at times but I cannot.. Is there a requirement to repair them (Beyond being an Engineer). Do you need complete control of the points to repair them?
    The Polygon looking sphere designates shield generators. Were and what shields these control depends on the base and is constantly changing due to dev tweaking. The other symbol is a triangle with another cut out triangle inside is the spawn control console. Once its destroyed for a given area the controlling faction cannot spawn using it. You need to control the point to repair them, they will always show up green if your faction has control. If will show up the main color of the faction that controls it, if its not your faction. Ex if you NC and you have control it will show up green, even though the main faction color is blue. While it will show up red for the TR if you are not on the TR faction.

I have done the "instant action " thing a few times and ended up at a vacant but enemy controlled structure. I stand near a control point but nothing happens...can I cap it if I am the only one there? Is it just a matter of TIME ...I see no indication that I am near the Control point on a progress meter on the cap.
    First you need to have friendly hex adjacent to what ever your trying to take over. Then when your close enough to the cap you should see a progress bar while you turn the individual flag. This is bugged and doesn't always show. Once you control one flag, you will start to take over the base. This will show up as a progress bar over the mini map in faction colors. The more flags you control the faster the cap.

I was a squad leader based on the INSERT auto squad join, but I have no idea on how to set a BEACON...is that something you get automatically as a Squad Lead or do you have to Buy one? If so is that just a Modified config or do I have to CERT for one?
    Its the only cert right now under the leadership tree. Once certed you need to place it on your character build like you would he scoop of a weapon. Go to a weapons console, pick the class you want to use it on, then click the item slot. You will have to buy them, then click on them to make sure they are in your characters inventory. Then finally click the green resupply button.

What are you guys Buying for upgrades at this point? I am not sure where to start..is there an IDIOTS guide/wiki on player building or are you just playing it by ear during the beta?
    Messing around at this point personally trying different things.

And finally..

Have we set down the "Official" servers for the Factions yet? I started my dude on East 1 but see some are playing on East 3 so I deleted my First Character and moved over...Just dont want to keep doing that...(and keep my same name)...

Thanks..

P
    No not yet read this, http://www.tacticalgamer.com/planets...rsion-2-a.html. Ignore the poll its old and new information has come down sense then.

Comment

Great info! ..Thanks..and I guess with the Wipes I shouldn't be too concerned with Character and servers... or at least too attached..
      |TG|ARMA Pathfinder
      ..now where did I put my keys?

Comment

With the weapons just play around with what you want to. I am gonna try Either AA cannon for the Lightening, or the Vulcan cannon.

Comment

You should buy whatever you want to try, but some certs(unlocks) are bugged or totally useless at the moment like;

-reaver scattergun/shotgun type weapon
          -liberator rear mortar (view is upside down and that is the least of it's problems)
          -proximity mine bouncing betty. I unlocked this but it has been removed from the game temporarily.

So I would reccomend getting in TS or on the server, finding someone who played for longer, and checking with them if the unlock is something worth testing or not.

I have spent quite over 200 certs on things I cannot use or where I misunderstood how it can be used. An example of the latter is that I bought several add-ons for the machinegun on the heavy assault, only to find out that they use the same slot and therefore cannot be used together.

Comment

I think you have to purchase weapons with the blue resource first and then unlock cert's to use addons, correct?
            Viking

Comment

You can buy other weapons with the Blue resource, but you dont have to to buy addons with certs. You can buy addons for the default weapons. Like the default Engie. gun, i bought a foregrip, red dot, and laser for it. (the laser is bugged, cant even see it).

Also, when you buy other weapons, its not per say "better", it usually means it trades off fire rate for damage or such. All preference as to what gun.
              |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

Has anyone heard of the Devs increasing the view distance for infantry? I played as an Infiltrator and found that people would disappear and reappear instantly at "medium" range for the scope on the sniper rifle. It was quite annoying and tarnished my experience as an Infiltrator.
                Viking

Comment

They can certainly. I think even you can if you mess with a few files. The thing is it will drag down your frames considerably as area increases exponentially.

Comment

peardog, i am sure myself or someone else can take 15 minutes or so in-game and just run through the in's and out's. Once you get the drift of things, it all makes sense. Just come on Leda and ask someone.

Comment

Originally posted by DaViking View Post
                      Has anyone heard of the Devs increasing the view distance for infantry? I played as an Infiltrator and found that people would disappear and reappear instantly at "medium" range for the scope on the sniper rifle. It was quite annoying and tarnished my experience as an Infiltrator.
                      they started do this since everyone was getting such poor frames, same thing when in a lib You couldnt see what you were hitting passed a certain altt

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X