Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In preperation for the character wipe...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In preperation for the character wipe...

...Can we please nail down which factions on which servers we will be playing after the wipe until the next wipe/end of BETA... I'm not talking about which server we should choose for post launch play (since assuming they eventually sort the server side issues out, one on the East would be most logical)... just pre launch.

I've become quite frustrated with the amount of server hopping that's been going on as more people have joined the BETA which has resulted in me having multiple low level characters and lead to me leaving my high level characters with unlocks behind to start new ones.

My experience so far...

West 01 is the most popular server overall and will contain the most people at any given time which results in the most intense battles... however its drawback is that it can be difficult to join since it does get full.

East 01 has the worst performance of all servers, 02 and 03 are better but are less populated and recently (the last few days since the patch) have seen random bursts of warping players and vehicles when the population increases.

West 02 has been a fairly decent server for me so far, population isn't as high as west 01 but it is higher than that of the East 02 and 03 servers. I personally have not experienced bad lag or warping on West 02 but I haven't put any considerable time in on the server since the patch which seemed to negatively effect east 02 & 03.

Have any people state side tried the EU servers? putting people external to TG aside, what kind of performance do you get? does it feel laggy?

Until all the server performances are on par with one another I would suggest one of the West servers for our main faction (which seems to be NC) and with that being said it would come down to a choice of 01 and 02 IMO.... Although the intense battles on 01 are awesome, I'm leaning towards 02 myself, since I'd rather be in game than pressing a button trying to get in game.
    Either way, I'd like us to come to some conclusion so we don't experience the same server hopping after the character wipe which is incoming with the next patch or two.
    It matters not what letters or numbers come before my name, I'll always be 1stMIP.

sigpic

"It is all about being a teamplayer. Give a kitchen sink to a teamplayer and he'll find a way to support his squad with it."
    - John_CANavar (Marshall & Founder of the 1st Mechanized Infantry Platoon)

Re: In preperation for the character wipe...

NC/West 01 For me. It doesn't take long to get on the server even when full, with 2000 people hoping on and off. The only performance hit I get is in the very large battles, but that's a known issue with my hardware and is constantly getting better. Even with my personal FPS issues, I want to play PS2 how its meant to be played, large scale battles all over the map. West 01 gives that better than the rest.

Comment

Well with the Character wipes coming I would assume a lot of the warping problems would be stopped i guess we will have to see.

Comment

Do we know when the character wipe will be?

|

Comment

Originally posted by Warlab View Post
          Do we know when the character wipe will be?
          Word from the devs is the next 1-3 patches. They need to do a wipe for the certain new certs they area adding. I'm assuming here they mean the big weekly patch, not the small ones.

Comment

W01 is nice but almost too heavy and chaotic. The chaos tends to make it more difficult to have teamwork.

Comment

Originally posted by WhiteFyre View Post
              W01 is nice but almost too heavy and chaotic. The chaos tends to make it more difficult to have teamwork.
              Challenge Accepted!

Comment

Originally posted by WhiteFyre View Post
                Originally posted by johnflenaly View Post
                Challenge Accepted!
                I agree! A chaotic battlefield is where Tactical Gamer shines the brightest!

sigpic

Comment

I really hope I'll be able to use the same account every time after wipe.

If we do have to do diff servers, than I say do

EUro-vanu
                  East-NC
                  West-terran

THat way, if we have to change server, at least we can test different stuff, instead of unlocking the same things on different servers :p.

Comment

The problem as I see it and, the reason for so much server switching is having to either choose a well populated server with lagginess at large battles, or low pop server that actually plays smoothly, with occasionally a server that feels "just right". People are going to choose to jump servers if the one they are currently on becomes unplayable.

Comment

East 1-2-3 has been fine for me, besides those glitches with the warping around which its a beta I expect stuff like that.

Comment

Played West1/NC last night. Chaos is an understatement. And its not organized chaos. Not even anything remotely along the lines of teamwork. Likewise, the "fun factor" dropped substantially when you'd take a base and 5+, BR15+ Mosquitos would fly in and just annihilate anything you just did. I have never seen anyone higher than BR18 yet but I'm sure they exist.

These Things We Do... That Other's May Live

Comment

That will just come to change with the wipes I wouldn't mind us going to East1 when the wipes happen. I believe a vote should be started and that would be the final say.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X