Promote TG, OPEN YOUR SQUAD!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Promote TG, OPEN YOUR SQUAD!

If you don't know it you can make your squad public. You can do this by going to the squad menu, uncheck private, input a name in the description box and then click "Enable Recruitment" This allows people to use the squad list and join in a TG run and lead squad. Just like BF2/PR ect we can use this to our advantage and bring new blood into the community. As always, don't forget to drop the website for those interested.

Re: Promote TG, OPEN YOUR SQUAD!

I second this!

But, there is one thing to keep in mind: If you name the squad TacticalGamer Squad (or some such), be aware that after all the TG players leave, the squad will still be named TacticalGamer Squad. I just worry about a bunch of "pubs" running around in a squad with our name on it, and doing nothing tactical and using no teamwork, giving TG a potentially bad rep. To mitigate this, maybe name the squads Talking Teamwork, Base defense, Territory Acquisition, or something similar?

I think that doing the above, while dropping the website and forum info in squad chat, will get our name out there and protect TG's glowing (and well deserved) reputation.

sigpic

Comment

After adding a few recruits, can you re-privatize it and keep a few slots vacant for TGers that are just logging in?

Comment

John I think it works slightly differently

You have to name the squad to click "enable recruitment" eg mention the words "VOIP" "Teamwork" and the website "TacticalGamer.com"
        I am 90% certain that the private tick / untick determines is the squad is picked up by all the F11 people
        By leaving the tick for private, I believe the way it works, is that only people who actively goto the squad browser will see your squad name and join accordingly, by doing it this way I have had squads fill with talkers who I have never met before eg 8 people with a mic, just looking for teamplay

Comment

Tick box is not ever clickable so should be ignored for now.

Comment

Originally posted by BigGaayAl View Post
            Tick box is not ever clickable so should be ignored for now.
            ?? It is for me ??

Comment

Ah no JohnF this wasn't for you. My post was in direct reply to explodingsilver's post. I figure you know this already about the tick-box.

@all, mind that the UI does show the box in question unticked sometimes, when recruitement in enabled. But you still can't click it.

I bet it's an existential joke from the devs; a box to tick that cannot be ticked :p.

Comment

Open squads is the reason I found out about and the registered for the site :)

Comment

Welcome to TG HeatEngine :)
                  It matters not what letters or numbers come before my name, I'll always be 1stMIP.

sigpic

"It is all about being a teamplayer. Give a kitchen sink to a teamplayer and he'll find a way to support his squad with it."
                  - John_CANavar (Marshall & Founder of the 1st Mechanized Infantry Platoon)

Comment

Welcome HeatEngine :)

Comment

Originally posted by HeatEngine View Post
                      Open squads is the reason I found out about and the registered for the site :)
                      Glad to here it. I'm off the next three days wens-fri and plan on aggressively squad leading. I would appreciate if I could get another squad leader or three who would like to platoon up but wouldn't mind having a squad of randoms. From the few days of it I've done that are a metric ton of people who want the teamplay we can bring to the game but don't necessarily have the group of friends to field a squad by themselves.

Comment

As per the OP: Yes! Please open your squad.

I only keep it closed if I am too tired, otherwise it is always open. If you don't want to open it, consider asking if someone wants to take over the squad.

Heatengine perfectly proves the benefit of this. An open squad is the best recruiting tool there is. It is how I too found TG in the BF2 demo.

@JohnF I would certainly join you if I hadn't so much work and RL activities :( ;). I recommend we focus on also having a chain of command between the two squads btw. Our efforts to coordinate have been hapered by a tendency of both squads to have equal authority, thus being unable to make clear decisions, or being unable to stay cohesive.

I might get a short game in euro morning/us evening night, and possibly sunday.. possibly :p.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X