This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Server Choice For Beta Final

I'll be closing all other threads but this one, please use this as a discussion and vote thread for server. This will be the primary server people should roll on after the Character Wipe. I've set it for two weeks so vote now.
    US East 01
    39.53%
    US East 02
    6.98%
    US East 03
    9.30%
    US West 01
    34.88%
    US West 02
    2.33%
    US West 03
    2.33%
    Euro 01
    4.65%
    Euro 02
    0.00%
    Euro 03
    0.00%

The poll is expired.

Re: Server Choice For Beta Final

I've personally voted for West 01. I think given the fact that its near full population gives us not only the authentic Planetside experience I remember from the first one, but the experience we are going to get come launch. This is a F2P game, assuming its half way decent and it is in my opinion, the servers are going to be near full come launch.

Comment

East 01 for me. 01 hopefully means it'd be busy most of the time, and east should help European players with their pings a little bit.
      |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
      Irregular since 2007.

Comment

Originally posted by westyfield View Post
        East 01 for me. 01 hopefully means it'd be busy most of the time, and east should help European players with their pings a little bit.
        Agreed, although I'll be honest and say that from my experience on both East and West servers ping doesn't seem to be a significant factor. None the less I'd prefer my bytes to be a little less fatigued when they reach the server.

Comment

West 01 is just too much. East is necessary for ping and a reasonable number of players instead of total chaos.

Comment

I have some important info to add:

"Heads up East Coast players. We've been listening and investigating the reports of warping and seen it ourselves but the servers themselves were fine. Took some deep investigation but we found the root cause is some bad network gear. This isn't a $20 nic you can by at Best Buy so it will take is a few days even expedited but it will be fixed this week. Just wanted you to have a heads up its being fixed. My suggestion is play on West Coast 2 or 3. It will be way way better.
            (smedley)

I wonder if this piece of equipment was causing the difference in performance all along. Who would have thought the warping was a hardware problem! I bet that was not easy to establish.It is very good news though, as it means the code could be better already than we thought.

On the poll:

I voted east, because in the long term I cannot see myself playing anything but a turn based game with a 170/180 ping, however good the netcode is. Compensation can be really good, but still you will get many instances where you get shot behind cover because the sever says you are not behind cover yet.

THen I voted server 2, because the poll did not allow me to vote for all three, and I thought 2 might offer a slightly lower population, making it easier to get into, but well that is pure speculation and I bet all of the servers will get full at the start. With so many people on a server, that also means many people leaving all the time, so I don't expect much problems accessing any server.

I also have faith in the devs that all servers will be of the same quality. The info above sort of proves that point.

Comment

Good fine biggayyal. I choose East 3 but I wouldnt mind East 1.

Comment

That's good news, Al. If the issues truly do get ironed out, I would gladly swap my vote to East 01. (if I could)
                Teamwork and Tactics are OP

Strait /strāt/ (Noun) A narrow passage of water connecting two seas or two large areas of water: "the Northumberland Strait".

Comment

Just a reminder this will be for beta only. The plan all along for launch is to be on an East coast server.

Comment

East Coast something to help the European players.

Comment

All do respect guys I don't understand why there is such a push to be on the west coast servers when we are going to go at launch East coast servers and also Euro players are all asking "east coast please". Am i missing something?

Comment

Originally posted by Snipurs View Post
                        All do respect guys I don't understand why there is such a push to be on the west coast servers when we are going to go at launch East coast servers and also Euro players are all asking "east coast please". Am i missing something?
                        Until als post I've never seen a post saying ping was an issue on the west coast servers. The main reason some of us are in favor of WEST 01 is because the other servers are dead population wise in comparison. That being said I'll go were the group decides.

Comment

Originally posted by WhiteFyre View Post
                          West 01 is just too much. East is necessary for ping and a reasonable number of players instead of total chaos.
                          Ok, I guess I don't understand this, well I understand you want a less chaotic game but I don't understand why your looking to Planetside for it. This game is built around MASSIVE numbers of people on screen, tanks, planes, infantry and a crap ton of them the likes of which haven't been seen sense PS1. Understand that we are in beta and the low population counts on EAST 02,03 are due to the fact that we have a limited population in beta. Its going to launch as a free to play title. That means no barrier to entry, all servers are going to be like West 01(unless the game bombs of course). This has been why I've been pushing people towards that server for beta. I want everyone to get as close an authentic experience in beta as we will get come launch.

Comment

Originally posted by johnflenaly View Post
                            Until als post I've never seen a post saying ping was an issue on the west coast servers. The main reason some of us are in favor of WEST 01 is because the other servers are dead population wise in comparison. That being said I'll go were the group decides.
                            I see thats why I asked I didnt know the reason behind it. Now I could say for the beta maybe West1 is the best choice. But I do see a few Euro players talking about not wanting west for ping issues.

Comment

I voted East 01, but in the end the choice of server for the beta doesn't mean all that much to me. I tend to hop around between East 01, 02 and West 01 so I can get a feel for all the factions.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X