Joystick Settings?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joystick Settings?

Hey, new to Planetside 2 here. Just wondering what your joystick settings are so I don't have to waste a plane in game trying to figure it out. Have a Saitek CyborgX if that makes any difference.
    |TG-Irr|PricelineNegotiator

Seaman

Re: Joystick Settings?

No clue. Gonna attempt this in a little with my LT Attack 3. I'm interested what a throttle can bring to the game (and if a Joy Stick/mouse set up will allow for full movement free look).

Comment

I couldn't get my Cyborg FLY5 setup at all. The game kept reading input from the joystick despite me not touching it when trying to map other buttons. Also, I believe it's still not currently saving so it would need to be setup every time you restart the game.

Comment

Joystick controlls are not yet implemented into the game, hence the experience that Harlequin describes above (same thing happened to me :)).
        When I count, there are only you and I together
        But when I look ahead up the white road
        There is always another one walking beside you
        Gliding wrapt in a brown mantle, hooded
        I do not know whether a man or a woman
        - But who is that on the other side of you?

/The Waste land by T.S Eliot

Comment

I think I might be using a Joystick, keyboard combo. I like the throttle and (crtl/spacebar) for up and down but I want the turn ability of the joystick so I dont have to keep scrollign my mouse across my desk for turning :p
          |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

Joystick Settings?

Man, wish I'd seen this thread before I wasted 4 Reavers trying to tweak my controls!

I was able to set all my axis correctly which took multiple attempts but once I got in the air my controllers (tried multiple) would just quit and I'd flip over like a beached whale onto the ground.

Those wait timers are a pain when you just want to test things out. I wish there was a training ground or something.

Comment

use some Certs on the Aquistition timer, and buy the implant. I got my timer down to 0 :D

Imma try my joystick today, see what happens
              my good ole' Sidewinder Pro
              |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

Yes as of right now Joysticks are not supported. only few people have luck.

Comment

Joystick Settings?

After a brief (5 minute) stint of thinking that I had my old Sidewinder 3d working all of the sudden the "left turn" binding got stuck. I switched the stick out for my more complex X52 pro and the same thing happened. I wonder why this happens. My next step is trying the custom X52 software and map all of the keybindings to the stick as if they were key presses, that way PS 2 will not think I am using a stick. We'll see!

Comment

Originally posted by Th4n4t05 View Post
                    After a brief (5 minute) stint of thinking that I had my old Sidewinder 3d working all of the sudden the "left turn" binding got stuck. I switched the stick out for my more complex X52 pro and the same thing happened. I wonder why this happens. My next step is trying the custom X52 software and map all of the keybindings to the stick as if they were key presses, that way PS 2 will not think I am using a stick. We'll see!
                    Ive tried with the same results. Just don't get to frustrated its not supported yet. For example I can't even control the thrust on my throttle with my stick its even on or off. The will be getting to it soon.

Comment

I'm kinda bummed its not supported yet. I remember pre-beta I saw Higby on some video and he said there was joystick support and even pointed to his on his desk.

|

Comment

Originally posted by Warlab View Post
                        I'm kinda bummed its not supported yet. I remember pre-beta I saw Higby on some video and he said there was joystick support and even pointed to his on his desk.
                        Yea I rememeber that two But lets face it if I was making a game id make sure all /my/ hardware works lol.

Comment

Joystick Settings?

If there is anyone else that simply can't wait to take to the air with a joystick I found a workable solution in remapping software. I was able to program my x52 with the proprietary software and make the x/y axis on the stick correspond to the x/y axis on the mouse. It works really well. I mapped the throttle and everything else to default keys ... Now all I have to do is work up some points to get decent certs.

There is also a program called xpadder that does something similar for xbox controllers.

Comment

ppjoy also can fix this problem, as it allows you to assign the different buttons on a peripheral to be interpreted as keyboard inputs.

I'm not going to bother myself though. I'll wait till they do it properly. But I do not think they will make it very good.

As it was in BF2, if you design flight controls to work for a keyboard... they will never be very good for a joystick. Still once available, I'll probably only fly Joystick. Just so much more fun. The keyboarders will probably have the advantage tough, as they did in BF2.

PPjoy:
                            http://ppjoy.blogspot.be/2009/11/fin...w-version.html

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X