Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outfit Cohesion

Hi guys,

I've have the privilege of leading several TG squads over the past few days, and I have to say it has been mostly a good experience. The TG members are quick to follow orders and stay on point during ops, something that is very much lacking from the pubbies that join our squads. I believe that we as TG members should set a standard and encourage other non-TG members that join our squads to play in the TG way. So when a squad-leader says load-up the gal and you see a non-TG member just standing around, then speak-up and remind them to stick with the squad.

Another thing I wanted to point out is the issue of TG members being spread across multiple servers and factions. I think it is in our best interest to put forth a united front, and maintain outfit cohesion. To achieve this, we have to agree upon a single server and faction, and stick to it. It is very much counterproductive to have TG guys all over the place during their own thing. Planetside is a game that necessitates having large numbers of players, all working towards a common goal. A squad of only 5 or 6 TG members can only do so much; but, think of what can be achieved when we pool our resources and focus our efforts.

Anyways, let me know what you think about maintaining outfit cohesion as we move forward in the beta.

Re: Outfit Cohesion

Totally agree on a standard server. It NEEDS to be sorted out by release.

Comment

We're working on establishing which server, it's pretty much agreed that we'll be NC though.

Comment

Originally posted by WhiteFyre View Post
        it's pretty much agreed that we'll be NC though.
        When did this happen? And why?
        sigpic

Comment

I don't think it's been decided in its entirety. The majority I think is mostly NC right now with probably a little less in VS and even more less in TR. I know some people play multiple but I believe the majority started NC/East. What really needs to happen is for the PS2 group to just have a dedicated admin to lead/give atleast some cohesion/direction to the community. No problem if you want to play other factions but if we're serious about playing together, just pick a damn server/faction lol.

These Things We Do... That Other's May Live

Comment

Vanu music is superior!

Seriously, though, the NC need to lay off the celebratory whammy bar...

Comment

Originally posted by Buflak View Post
              When did this happen? And why?
              I think a vote needs to take place on which faction we want to play as a community; similar to the beta server vote.

Comment

Originally posted by Serjikal View Post
                I don't think it's been decided in its entirety. The majority I think is mostly NC right now with probably a little less in VS and even more less in TR. I know some people play multiple but I believe the majority started NC/East. What really needs to happen is for the PS2 group to just have a dedicated admin to lead/give atleast some cohesion/direction to the community. No problem if you want to play other factions but if we're serious about playing together, just pick a damn server/faction lol.
                This isn't like other games we don't own the servers, we don't police them as admins. The most we have are a couple of moderators but thats just to clean up the forums, and support the members of TG in PS2. This is an mmo and should work like such. In the past TG guilds in mmos were free to pick their own leaders and I don't see that changing. If you all want an NC outfit for example, Pick a leader and or officer, pick a server, and go from there. If this leads to one guild for TG in PS2 or multiple thats fine. The moderators will support that as best we can.

Comment

I think establishing a common server for overall organized TG play is fine. As far as a common faction, no sir. Absolutely not. This is a massive game which offers a great deal of variety to anyone who wants to toy around with it. We, as a community, have never and will never issue any kind of statement saying "you have to play on this team or you cant play with us". If 99% of the playerbase here wants to go NC and 1% wants to go TR, they have just as much right to do so as anyone else and we wont punish them for their choice. But I happen to have been involved in all of these discussions and debates from long before the beta started and know that we can field more than enough people for everyone to enjoy the game, regardless of faction. Hell, I cant stand playing any one faction for more than a day or two before i need a change of pace, so I fully intend to have multiple characters in different factions.

Common server is fine, but I absolutely believe that TG has a place in all three factions. Forcing people to play on any one faction in order to be grouped up with TG members isnt our mojo.

Comment

Not sure anyone was saying "you have to be NC" ferris, but the idea of not hoping around servers (like we were a couple months ago at the drop of a hat) just gives people the ability to rank/cert up and still play with TG.

Comment

Then what would we do if, supposedly, your Vanu character is able to exploit our efforts as an organized NC team since our forums are open?

I know TG is a community but with the way Outfits work, with the investment in characters that result from long play sessions, with a long term potential meta game, and so much more I think we will lose out competitively if we open ourselves. Not to be a downer but TG at MMO's hasn't had a stellar outing competitively and unlike most MMOs PS2 is entirely PvP.

Comment

Originally posted by Ytman View Post
                        Then what would we do if, supposedly, your Vanu character is able to exploit our efforts as an organized NC team since our forums are open?
                        Just make a private forum for each faction and discuss the super secret stuff in there.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ytman View Post

I know TG is a community but with the way Outfits work, with the investment in characters that result from long play sessions, with a long term potential meta game, and so much more I think we will lose out competitively if we open ourselves. Not to be a downer but TG at MMO's hasn't had a stellar outing competitively and unlike most MMOs PS2 is entirely PvP.
                          I was wondering this myself. Good point.

The same goes for TeamSpeak. Somebody can easily lurk in there as well. (but I guess the solution to that is to use the in-game VOIP)
                          Last edited by QuantumQrack; 09-18-2012, 03:22 AM.

Comment

I think it would go smoother if TG just endorses one side over the other atleast for the initial drop of the game to get the team established. Members by all means have the ability to create alternate toons, but atleast they know TG plays X faction/y server and can always go back there. Otherwise.. people will just go find another outfit/group that has a defined role/focus.

Comment

Originally posted by Buflak View Post
                              Just make a private forum for each faction and discuss the super secret stuff in there.
                              Wouldn't that mean each person has to choose only one private forum to have access to? That would still kinda be pigeonholing them into choosing one faction to play.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X