TG NC Outfit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TG NC Outfit

Sense the majority of us seem to be interested in NC, I think its time to get things started. With that said we need to get a base line of leadership going for said outfit. What I propose to begin with is an outfit leader and two officers. These will be nominated and voted on. The outfit leader will be the person with the most votes followed by the first and second runner up filling the two officer slots. If you have any thoughts or nominations please post below.

Re: TG NC Outfit

Here here. We need an affirmative action on this stuff. Outfits, servers, and leadership.

I'll follow any capable leader, haven't had a lot of play time to tell.

Comment

Is that really necessary? Why not just have volunteers for leaders every evening? Voting people into command and having people designated as command doesnt really give people the opportunity who hasnt been voted in to do some kind of leadership.

And to make things worse, if said player wants to lead they may be hesitant to ask if they could give it a shot knowing they arent a "designated" leader.

IMO, keep it random and keep it fresh. Playing every day under the same leader(s) will get boring and repetitive quick and not all people are going to conform to the type of gameplay that one or two commanders may play.
      sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Comment

For now its fine but in the future if any meta-gaming is to be had some form of leadership, voted or assumed or rotated, is good. This doesn't mean only X person can SL it just means X person is in charge of the paperwork and coordination of the Outfit. I think it can only serve to enhance the experience for those who care and it wont matter for those who just want to hop in game and pwn.

Free-form is good and we should allow as much free form spontaneity as possible but if Outfit 'owned' bases, if sweeping changes come to strategic level gameplay, if we want to coordinate with consistency with other external outfits then we need to contemplate these things.

Comment

This is were the TG approach and MMO's i think suffer. To have an outfit means to have someone that is atleast providing direction/focus. That one person (or 3..etc) doesn't have to be the only ones leader. It can be a mix of who wants to SL that night or w/e.

These Things We Do... That Other's May Live

Comment

As said before, outfit leaders are not necessarily de facto leaders all the time. Anyone and everyone will likely be accepted to SL/PL during the course of events in game. We could not function with only a pool of 3 potential SLs/PLs. That said, I've seen John, Big Al(even though I sometimes disagree with his methodology), and Serj all really step up. Post-wipe, a formal outfit on our chosen server would be very nice.

Comment

I have a crazy idea, so crazy it just might work!

Outfit leader = GO = Jeepo
              2 Officers = XO and another PS2 admin

The outfit leaders are mainly there to provide direction for the outfit as a whole, moderate internal disputes, facilitate external alliances, control membership, and other "admin" type duties. I think it would only be natural that these positions be filled by the PS2 admins.

Outfit leadership isn't necessarily the same as who is going to command our squad/platoon/outfit tonight.
              Viking

Comment

Good idea. I think they might already have all of this planned out though.
                |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

I've been slacking on PS2 the last week or so but I want to lead.
                  I got dibs on the first time we go into battle with 50 or more !
                  The strategic element in PS2 has great appeal to me.
                  I'm not looking to say "fireteam #1 you take A, fireteam #2 you take B, etc., but rather "Alpha Platoon you attack this flag, with Bravo Platoon assisting with a flanking maneuver, while Charlie Platoon you hold this flag."

Most of you know I can't twitch play as well as you, but I have to say I was raised on hex-based wargames and I can definitely see me in this strategic role. Man I can't wait till there's more continents as that's only going to increase the strategic element in PS2.

|

Comment

Originally posted by Warlab View Post
                    Man I can't wait till there's more continents as that's only going to increase the strategic element in PS2.
                    Esamir, the ice and snow continent, is scheduled to be released next week. They will be showing it off on a stream this Friday evening.

Comment

Originally posted by Servo View Post
                      Esamir, the ice and snow continent, is scheduled to be released next week. They will be showing it off on a stream this Friday evening.
                      Yup I heard. Give us that and more :)

|

Comment

Originally posted by DaViking View Post
                        I have a crazy idea, so crazy it just might work!

Outfit leader = GO = Jeepo
                        2 Officers = XO and another PS2 admin

The outfit leaders are mainly there to provide direction for the outfit as a whole, moderate internal disputes, facilitate external alliances, control membership, and other "admin" type duties. I think it would only be natural that these positions be filled by the PS2 admins.

Outfit leadership isn't necessarily the same as who is going to command our squad/platoon/outfit tonight.
                        Good idea i think people are getting the " outfit leader" confused with "battle leader"

Comment

JohnF, I think an explanation of the ing-game outfit thing is in order for most of the community. I think they don't know about this. BTW you can have as many leaders or officers as you want, and you can assign which permissions they have.

Comment

Originally posted by Snipurs View Post
                            Good idea i think people are getting the " outfit leader" confused with "battle leader"

Exactly. Think of it this way: Outfit = Clan to this game.

By 'Outfit Leader' what you mean is Clan Officers and Clan CEO. This has no bearing on ingame abilities, etc. It's people who manage the day-to-day 'paperwork' in game. Inviting people to join the clan, promoting members to higher positionships ingame, dropping clan members who leave, dispute resolution, etc.

A lot of people, I see, are coming into this with a battlefield type of mindset. That's okay, but keep in mind that this IS an MMO, and that you need to be on the ball and focused on what you intend to accomplish. Think of it as an ongoing, longterm session of scrims and you'l have the idea, something akin to the Forgotten Hope World at War campaign tournaments (sign up, get assigned to squads, take part in a multi-session (12 weeks of battlefield 2) game tournament with organized, assigned squads, etc) and not "hopping into bf3 for 2 hours".

An example of organization is what my old outfit, Freedom Defenders, had. We were a small, close-knit clan of maybe 15-20 members. You had the clan founder who was at the top of the org charts. Then you had 2-3 officers. These people reported to the founder and handled some of the administrative tasks and other stuff that might crop up.

Then you had senior enlisted, like me, that had a reasonable time spent playing with the clan, several ranks in-game under their belt, and with unlocks that they could be trusted to lead squads effectively if need be. The requirements were basically "have an effective knowledge of the game, be able to use teamspeak, be there for meetings, and be in the clan for X months" really, iirc. People below me were say, casual players, and new recruits. Everyone had their own clan tags that we designated on xfire and other places for ranking purposes, etc.

Obviously, some people like 666th Devildogs might have a much more rigid hierarchy with multiple branching paths, owing to the fact that they had over 1000 members in-game in PS1. They had dedicated squads assigned to stealth suit infiltration, MAX crashing, dedicated pilot and transports, and dedicated squadleaders.

I would suggest maybe the GO getting in touch with, say, the people who used to organize TG's EVE Maelstrom Crew, etc to get org impressions, or WoW. To stay true to our image.

<04:11:24> *** You are now talking in channel: "TFP - Task Force Proteus"
                            <04:16:25> "|TG-XV| Tralic": this channel is so gay
                            DICE needs to make a comical boxing glove attached to a spring punch the player in the face 40% of the time they get into a helicopter or jet.

Comment

Oh man... I can only imagine such organization and structure to allow for an ALL MAX squad dropping from a Galaxy midway through a battle between the defending TR and a squad of Infantry/Tanks fighting a point.

MAKE IT SOOOO.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X