Vehicle Free Look?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vehicle Free Look?

So after finally getting controls squared away in order to fly-by-controller I have had some instances where the free look has been enabled (usually it happens when I am in an intense dog-fight and I'm unable to get out of it before getting toasted!). I have the key-binding set for mouse button 3 and while I did map one of the stick's buttons to mouse 3 I can't get it to work on purpose.

My question is: Does anyone have free look working? I can't get it to work when I want to either in or out of cockpit view.

Re: Vehicle Free Look?

I use primarily default settings and freelook works only inside the cockpit. The FOV that is offered in 3PV is such that you really aren't gaining any benefits from freelook anyway. Also, since it is still a beta, they may yet implement freelook in 3PV.

I think the keybinding settings is your primary problem. I'd unbind the key you have set to MOUSE3 for PS2. But that's just me.

Comment

Vehicle Free Look?

Too true, thanks for the help. Rebound to an innocuous key and it now works great. Wish it worked in 3rd person with a zoom or something, situational awareness is such an important aspect of air combat.

Comment

in this game though if you arent constantly dodging and moving in a reaver you'll get shot down in seconds against a good pilot. If your trying to get your bearing and dont move or turn while doing it your toast. I have surroudn headset so I usually gain my bearings just by hearing which direction the other plane is in.
        |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

I think I've gotten most of my air-to-air kills in the Lib using freelook as the pilot. The main canon tracks wherever you are looking in that thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Coridon View Post
            The main canon tracks wherever you are looking in that thing.
            Whis is AWESOME, btw.

I can't wait until we have proper joystick controls and the ability to freelook with TrackIR.

It will be unvisnible!
            Teamwork and Tactics are OP

Strait /strāt/ (Noun) A narrow passage of water connecting two seas or two large areas of water: "the Northumberland Strait".

Comment

:o AWESOMESAUCE
              |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

Originally posted by Strait Raider View Post
                Whis is AWESOME, btw.

I can't wait until we have proper joystick controls and the ability to freelook with TrackIR.

It will be unvisnible!
                I think they removed the "Freelook linked to turret" on the liberator in the last patch because it was OP. There are a few posts on the PS2 forums discussing it's removal. Here's one: http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/i...n-pivot.22418/

Comment

Originally posted by LordFuzzywig View Post
                  I use primarily default settings and freelook works only inside the cockpit. The FOV that is offered in 3PV is such that you really aren't gaining any benefits from freelook anyway. Also, since it is still a beta, they may yet implement freelook in 3PV.

I think the keybinding settings is your primary problem. I'd unbind the key you have set to MOUSE3 for PS2. But that's just me.

3rd person has a bad rap from PS1, one of the reasons why there is no 3rd person in infantry and no intention of it. Essentially people would use 3pv in the same way as say, mechwarrior 4, to peer over walls, behind corners (and pre-aim), etc.

<04:11:24> *** You are now talking in channel: "TFP - Task Force Proteus"
                  <04:16:25> "|TG-XV| Tralic": this channel is so gay
                  DICE needs to make a comical boxing glove attached to a spring punch the player in the face 40% of the time they get into a helicopter or jet.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X