Upcoming Plans

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [ANNOUNCEMENT] Upcoming Plans

Just a heads up to the community. With the character wipe inbound and the new continent Esamir we will likely to be changing servers. This is due to a number of reasons primarily the devs have said its "very likely" that the new continent will be on their own servers. What this means that instead of being able to log into "Leda" and then warpgating between the continents, each continent will have its own server were you will have to have a separate character. We are assuming that the majority of the player base should this happen, will roll on a Esamir server rather than the current continent of Indar. So, we will be doing the same. This brings up a second issue, the server we are currently on is fairly small population wise especially our particular faction. What we are going to do is wait maybe a day or so and see where the population goes, and try at the very least to find a balanced server. This means that its very likely we won't have an official server come wipe day. So just be prepared to change if need be. Priority one will be an East Coast server to help out our Euro brothers with ping issues.

Finally recruitment, with the wipe coming we will be holding recruitment till after it hits. Its easier this way and will avoid us losing an potential recruits in the server change. That being said should someone in game or out show interest in joining the TG outfit, have them pm personally.

Re: Upcoming Plans

Basically where the cool Outfits go. >_>

Comment

I hadn't heard of this "server per continent" you speak of, do you have any further info yet or source links for my personal reading? as I'm interested in their reasoning behind this.

Also, they will be shutting down servers and implementing balancing over factions, which should make the remaining servers much better all round. I would recommend re-rolling on Leda (dependant on the Esamir thing) initially and see how it goes after a day or so as John mentioned.
      Considering they were handing out beta keys like candy it's pretty amazing that there still isn't enough people to keep 9 servers fully populated.

Whichever server is chosen to play on, I hope it's chosen based on it's own merits and not dependant on what other outfits do... I want TG to make its own name in this game and not seen to be riding on the coat tails of others. Something I know our current player base is capable of even if we never recruited another soul. However, I think we'll find many, many people who share our gaming ethos in PS2 and once we do start recruiting proper, TG will be a force to be reckoned with.
      It matters not what letters or numbers come before my name, I'll always be 1stMIP.

sigpic

"It is all about being a teamplayer. Give a kitchen sink to a teamplayer and he'll find a way to support his squad with it."
      - John_CANavar (Marshall & Founder of the 1st Mechanized Infantry Platoon)

Comment

Originally posted by Finestyle View Post
        I hadn't heard of this "server per continent" you speak of, do you have any further info yet or source links for my personal reading? as I'm interested in their reasoning behind this.

Also, they will be shutting down servers and implementing balancing over factions, which should make the remaining servers much better all round. I would recommend re-rolling on Leda (dependant on the Esamir thing) initially and see how it goes after a day or so as John mentioned.
        Considering they were handing out beta keys like candy it's pretty amazing that there still isn't enough people to keep 9 servers fully populated.

Whichever server is chosen to play on, I hope it's chosen based on it's own merits and not dependant on what other outfits do... I want TG to make its own name in this game and not seen to be riding on the coat tails of others. Something I know our current player base is capable of even if we never recruited another soul. However, I think we'll find many, many people who share our gaming ethos in PS2 and once we do start recruiting proper, TG will be a force to be reckoned with.

It was mentioned a couple weeks ago in a dev meeting on twitch as a likely possibility. That being said they might have fixed it by now.

Server priorities ranked in importance.

East Coast
        Server Population
        Esamir

Comment

Well fine it seems the questions has been answered. From smedleys twitter it seems that the continents will be on one server.

John Smedley ‏@j_smedley
          with this next patch we will be going for much bigger fights on bigger servers.. there will be one West, one East, one EU server.

John Smedley ‏@j_smedley
          Big patch later this week (shooting for late Thursday Night) with Esamir and a whole bunch of goodness.

Comment

Awesome! so based on your previous post we will be rolling on the East I take it.

Things are about to get epic!
            It matters not what letters or numbers come before my name, I'll always be 1stMIP.

sigpic

"It is all about being a teamplayer. Give a kitchen sink to a teamplayer and he'll find a way to support his squad with it."
            - John_CANavar (Marshall & Founder of the 1st Mechanized Infantry Platoon)

Comment

Yes East 01 or what ever they call it.

Comment

So sweet. Glad to see them testing the two continents simultaneously right off the bat.

Comment

Yup, this makes everything much easier!

Comment

John Smedley ‏@j_smedley
                    heads up on load testing. We have decided to really load up 1 US and 1 EU server (each with 2 continents) when we launch the new patch.

Comment

Matthew Higby ‏@mhigby
                      I'm going to do a patch preview stream this afternoon at 5pm PDT. First look at new base capture mechanics, Esamir and more!

Comment

Wonder what the performance will be like. I'm all for much bigger fights but not if they are all slide shows. Maybe big/noticeable performance improvements are coming with the patch as well.

Comment

Originally posted by DigitalAssassin View Post
                          Wonder what the performance will be like. I'm all for much bigger fights but not if they are all slide shows. Maybe big/noticeable performance improvements are coming with the patch as well.
                          If I had to guess sense its like 2000 a continent, Esamir is going to be full, with indar being for the people who can't get into Esamir.

Comment

I wonder how resources work when two continents are in play.

Comment

Originally posted by Ytman View Post
                              I wonder how resources work when two continents are in play.
                              Hmm yeah that's a good point, I would assume you get the resources for what ever continent your logged into.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X