Squad/Platoon Leading Fail Stories - Post them here

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Squad/Platoon Leading Fail Stories - Post them here

I was leading a platoon tonight of about 24 people and commanded them all the way from Zurvan to the Vanu Warpgate. Things were going pretty damned well until the enemy got smart and rushed us with their armor which outnumbered ours. I told the platoon that we would ALL spawn at Peris Amp Station and grab whatever armor you can get and we'll make a stand against the enemy armor. I tell everyone to meet me at the NW corner, so we would be grouped up for the assault. I then give the go ahead and start the charge only to run into our shield at the entrance. We couldn't get out. I give the order to destroy the shield generators (meanwhile liberators at ceiling level are bombarding our tanks) - the generators all taken down, except the shields are still in place. That means that 24 tanks are now trapped inside of Peris Amp Station. 24. Damned. Tanks.

I felt like the best platoon leader there was.
    |TG-Irr|PricelineNegotiator

Seaman

Re: Squad/Platoon Leading Fail Stories - Post them here

Let down by a bug in the game mechanics. You made the right decisions given the circumstances.
    Teamwork and Tactics are OP

Strait /strāt/ (Noun) A narrow passage of water connecting two seas or two large areas of water: "the Northumberland Strait".

Comment

Priceline and Warlab did an excellent job of PLing and SLing last night.

Thank you guys for stepping up.
      sigpic

Comment

Frustrating Priceline, but what could you do? You had no way of knowing until it happened.

|

Comment

Thats hardly the Platoon Leader's fault. I'd blame the Corps of Engineers on that... or maybe the Region Commander for not informing you gents to change your IFF so that you'd be able to go through the shield unmolested.

Comment

I think that shield issue is a game bug. I noticed the same problem the other day at Paris Amp Station
            Viking

Comment

Originally posted by DaViking View Post
              I think that shield issue is a game bug. I noticed the same problem the other day at Paris Amp Station
              That's where it happened.
              |TG-Irr|PricelineNegotiator

Seaman

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse