Platoon rights

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Platoon rights

Can someone please give me or Al or anyone who is online regularly rights to add people to the platoon?.

Every day I see TG members who are not yet in the platoon and I rarely see the people who have the rights to add people online.

How is our group supposed to grow when we cant even seem to get TG members in?
    It matters not what letters or numbers come before my name, I'll always be 1stMIP.

sigpic

"It is all about being a teamplayer. Give a kitchen sink to a teamplayer and he'll find a way to support his squad with it."
    - John_CANavar (Marshall & Founder of the 1st Mechanized Infantry Platoon)

Re: Platoon rights

Jeepo is still deciding on officers, until then please have these people pm me.

Comment

Or PM myself. We are still working on stuff folks, plus the new wipe next week will upset the whole thing. Joys of building around a beta I guess! :)

Comment

1) I think Fine means outfit instead of Platoon.

2) I would propose for the duration of the beta to give all tg members a rank to allow them inviting for the outfit. With the wipes happening it is taking weeks to add even part of the people to the outfit, yet having all in the outfit makes it much easier to see who's online and invite them.

The assigning of ranks and associated rights to invite did work before the wipe already.

Comment

May I humbly request that A LOT of officers be chosen?

In one of the non-official outfits Al started in the past he was handing out officer ranks like candy to TG regulars with no ill effect.

Comment

I think all supporting members should have the right to add...since TG allows all players to join simply by adhering to the primer it would make it easier to grow the outfit, and to speed the growth of TG.

Comment

Originally posted by TacticalJim View Post
              I think all supporting members should have the right to add...since TG allows all players to join simply by adhering to the primer it would make it easier to grow the outfit, and to speed the growth of TG.
              Exactly. You guys are taking the beta too seriously. We're trying to have fun, not have power over each other.
              |TG-Irr|PricelineNegotiator

Seaman

Comment

Originally posted by PricelineNegotiator View Post
                Exactly. You guys are taking the beta too seriously. We're trying to have fun, not have power over each other.
                There are always growing pains with each new title. I don't think it's a power issue, just one of sorting out how were runnning things for the future. You said it your self, let's not take this beta stuff too seriously. I wouldn't worry about outfits, platoons or such until they quit flipping things every week( twice sometimes...) :) There are probably things going on behind the scenes that are just taking up way too much time for them to address this particular issue. It's all good, and we're all going to get to the end together. It's TG man :)

"Ok....smoke sometimes works."

Comment

Originally posted by experiment626 View Post
                  There are always growing pains with each new title. I don't think it's a power issue, just one of sorting out how were runnning things for the future. You said it your self, let's not take this beta stuff too seriously. I wouldn't worry about outfits, platoons or such until they quit flipping things every week( twice sometimes...) :) There are probably things going on behind the scenes that are just taking up way too much time for them to address this particular issue. It's all good, and we're all going to get to the end together. It's TG man :)
                  Silence, we will not tolerate your logical and sensible approach here.

Comment

Also, if the TG admin makes the Platoon rights too restrictive, people will simply create other 'Open Access' TG platoons.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by E-Male View Post
                      Also, if the TG admin makes the Platoon rights too restrictive, people will simply create other 'Open Access' TG platoons.
                      Hes talking about the "Outfit" Emale also know as a guild in other games, you are free to open up your squads and platoons how ever you all see fit.

Comment

Guys, I want to make a post now I have my internet back online.

Simple as this, currently the outfit is not in its final form. That should go without saying. We WILL have some of you given rights to invite new members, but not all of you. The reason for this is very simple, we need people to come to the forums. If we see someone in game that wants in, then we get them on the forums. There will be a Outfit page where they enter their details, which will lead to them being accepted. Simply put, no, we will not be allowing everyone in, and no, we will not be giving you all permissions to invite people. For the sake of simplicity it is easier and much better if we have people check in on the forums first.

We want to build a TG community in Planetside 2, we do NOT want to create a Planetside 2 outfit that uses our name but has nothing to do with the TG community. It is a subtle difference, but having 50 guys, 30 of whom never visit the forums is not the goal. I know about the unofficial TG outfits that are out there, but they like everything else will be getting deleted in this weeks wipe. Once that happens we will once again get the TG Outfit up, and hopefully get the ability to properly edit the permissions needed for its members. I really hope I don't see any more unofficial TG outfits, as that is kind of taking away from the point.

Don't think we are holding out on you guys here. This is beta and it is fast moving. People have real lifes to attend to and staying on top of all of this is not so easy. Just trust us to do the right thing, we all want the same thing here, a rocking TG outfit! :)

Comment

Originally posted by Jeepo View Post

We want to build a TG community in Planetside 2, we do NOT want to create a Planetside 2 outfit that uses our name but has nothing to do with the TG community.

Sounds reasonable and fair.

Also, I cannot help but notice that the next two on your hit list are Canadians.

As a Canadian, I agree with your choice!
                          sigpic

Comment

I'll try to run squads that aren't solely TG players so that I can get more pubbies to join up. I'll also encourage these pubbies/future tg'ers to join a "starter" outfit and tell them what TG is about. It'll be separate from your outfit and if we have guys play with us more than 2 or 3 times, I'll tell them about the official outfit and what not. Don't want to bring in the wrong people and this way we'll have a buffer.
                            |TG-Irr|PricelineNegotiator

Seaman

Comment

Originally posted by Jeepo View Post
                              Guys, I want to make a post now I have my internet back online.

Simple as this, currently the outfit is not in its final form. That should go without saying. We WILL have some of you given rights to invite new members, but not all of you. The reason for this is very simple, we need people to come to the forums. If we see someone in game that wants in, then we get them on the forums. There will be a Outfit page where they enter their details, which will lead to them being accepted. Simply put, no, we will not be allowing everyone in, and no, we will not be giving you all permissions to invite people. For the sake of simplicity it is easier and much better if we have people check in on the forums first.

We want to build a TG community in Planetside 2, we do NOT want to create a Planetside 2 outfit that uses our name but has nothing to do with the TG community. It is a subtle difference, but having 50 guys, 30 of whom never visit the forums is not the goal. I know about the unofficial TG outfits that are out there, but they like everything else will be getting deleted in this weeks wipe. Once that happens we will once again get the TG Outfit up, and hopefully get the ability to properly edit the permissions needed for its members. I really hope I don't see any more unofficial TG outfits, as that is kind of taking away from the point.

Don't think we are holding out on you guys here. This is beta and it is fast moving. People have real lifes to attend to and staying on top of all of this is not so easy. Just trust us to do the right thing, we all want the same thing here, a rocking TG outfit! :)
                              I felt quite discouraged reading this. This is making it very difficult for us in the beta to even get all the TG guys in our squads, let alone the non tg guys we meet. As experiment said, this is beta and everything will be wiped. To me that is an opportunity to connect with as many of the good players that we meet as possible, nothing is final anyway.
                              The outfit interface is a great tool for this. Without being able to use it, it has become very hard to connect to people since the wipe happened. I feel it every time I play and it frustrates me every time I play. It was so easy and worked so well before, and now it is so hard and cumbersome.

In TG you were always allowed to wear the tag if you followed the rules, without it mattering whether one has visited the forum or anything. Now here I see a hurdle thrown up to new players that I have seen never before in a TG game. I don't understand why. I thought we DID always allow all people in, but got rid of them if they broke any of our rules.

I really don't understand this at the moment.

Originally posted by PricelineNegotiator View Post
                              I'll try to run squads that aren't solely TG players so that I can get more pubbies to join up. I'll also encourage these pubbies/future tg'ers to join a "starter" outfit and tell them what TG is about. It'll be separate from your outfit and if we have guys play with us more than 2 or 3 times, I'll tell them about the official outfit and what not. Don't want to bring in the wrong people and this way we'll have a buffer.
                              Can you be in two outfits at once? I don't think so, but if we could, then it would be a practical solution that fixes everything. Otherwise you would have to leave and be re-invited everytime, to switch outfits.

edit

I just thought of a way to work around the problem: a solid squad-naming convention.
                              I would propose:

"Tacticalgamer.com - Alpha - airsupport"

=

"Tacticalgamer.com - [squad designation] - [squad description e.g. groundpound/defense/airsupport/idling in warpgate/naturewalk etc...]"

THis way there is no mistaking who they are playing with, they can join us whenever we want in game, they will know the tg url, and on top of that designating alpha/bravo/charly/delta will solve our problems when trying to join a specific squad in the platoon.

Shall we do this?
                              Last edited by BigGaayAl; 10-03-2012, 05:29 AM.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X