No announcement yet.

Vanu Annihilation Night (On New Map?)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [EVENT] Vanu Annihilation Night (On New Map?)

Next Saturday, September 6th, I will be holding an "event" where we will try to totally annihilate the Vanu. Most plans will be made in game, as the battlefield is always changing. I will need three squad leaders to volunteer. Let's try to congregate around 6pm EST (UTC 11pm) at the NC Warpgate.

One squad inf
    Two squads mech inf
    One squad air (if we have enough)

This "event" will be focused more on fun than on teamplay, but teamplay will still be very much present.
    Last edited by johnflenaly; 09-30-2012, 10:00 PM.
    |TG-Irr|PricelineNegotiator

Seaman

Re: Vanu Rape Night (On New Map?)

I'm down. I'm going to want to get my Araxium up so I can recover my Armor Piercing guns on my tanks after the wipe.

Comment

Re: Vanu Annihilation Night (On New Map?)

There should be a character wipe on the next update (the one that includes the new map), so everyone will be at a fresh start. So like YT said, everyone should try to focus on one thing to upgrade for the next couple days.

Seaman

Comment

Lookin' foward to it, wouldn't mind being a galaxy pilot should we need on, that or some form of armour support in that mech inf squad...

Comment

Im up for it. Cant wait for the new map
          |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

You mean October right? I'm down with Saturday. Can I please go Inf squad though...I like an armor mentality, and I can't fly :(

"Ok....smoke sometimes works."

Comment

To clarify, by 'Mechanized Infantry' do you mean infantry that rides to battle in a sunderer or infantry supported by a sunderer and tanks? Mech. Infantry I believe only refers to infantry transported in APCs or IFVs (the Sunderer) and not to MBTs integrated with infantry. (although this may only be because no army organizes like that anymore)

Likewise if you intend to transport that regular infantry squad with a Sunderer, I believe that would classify it as mech. infantry. On the highly mobile battlefield of PS2, I would suggest having them ride in a sunderer rather than hoof it from base to base or rely on other squads for transport.

I might suggest 2 mech. inf, 1 armor, 1 air cav squad if that is the case. Breaking up your armor into multiple squads could inhibit their communication and cooperation. Think German armor tactics, not French. Just my two cents.

On a side note, Much Regret Unable. I have prior commitments.
              Teamwork and Tactics are OP

Strait /strāt/ (Noun) A narrow passage of water connecting two seas or two large areas of water: "the Northumberland Strait".

Comment

Originally posted by experiment626 View Post
                You mean October right?
                Hah, good catch. I was initially considering September 6th, but my time machine has been down and events usually don't work well on Thursdays, so both things considered I HAD to choose October 6th.

You guys can choose your own roles in-game, but calling dibs here is better for those specialized roles. Kidding gets Galaxy pilot and Experiment that's fine.

And apparently someone didn't like my initial title. It's been made more "civilized".

Seaman

Comment

MBTs aren't integrated on the platoon level with mechanized Infantry. However it is not uncommon for tanks to be in a company with a mechanized infantry company I think. Either way this is PlanetSide 2 and I think incorporating an armor squad within the platoon is the most reasonable idea.

From my experience the Armored Squad should focus on area security and maneuver. Tanks in this game are awesome and the Vangaurd gets a bloody shield! In anycase this isn't going to be an extensively pre-planned op because we simply don't have the man power or even advancements for it.

Priceline it got stickied... I don't think the original title would have allowed it to get stickied.

Comment

On the next wipe, are we considering changing servers from Leda? Getting Auraxium on that server is like trying to find rocking horse poo

Comment

Originally posted by Sir_Hobbit View Post
                      On the next wipe, are we considering changing servers from Leda? Getting Auraxium on that server is like trying to find rocking horse poo
                      Its up in the air, first they are reducing the server count so leda may be gone. They are releasing a new continent, which is likely to end up on its own servers for now. Finally Leda is dead pop wise so even without the other two its likely.

Comment

With regards to the patch being pushed back and potential server downtime when the new patch is applied on Saturday, what are our contingencies for Vanu Annihilation Night?

i.e. If the servers aren't up by XXXX hours Saturday, the event will be rescheduled?

My concern is twofold - if people log on and the servers are down, chances are many members will move on to something else rather than stick around on TS waiting for servers which may not come up at all.

Secondly, it takes many of us (myself included) many hours to complete a large update for PS2 and as such we will be late or unable to attend if the patch is not up at least 4-6 hour before the event.
                        Teamwork and Tactics are OP

Strait /strāt/ (Noun) A narrow passage of water connecting two seas or two large areas of water: "the Northumberland Strait".

Comment

Originally posted by Strait Raider View Post
                          With regards to the patch being pushed back and potential server downtime when the new patch is applied on Saturday, what are our contingencies for Vanu Annihilation Night?

i.e. If the servers aren't up by XXXX hours Saturday, the event will be rescheduled?

My concern is twofold - if people log on and the servers are down, chances are many members will move on to something else rather than stick around on TS waiting for servers which may not come up at all.
                          We'll just see what happens. This isn't really an event, but a gathering of ass-kickery. If the patch gets released at 5 pm, then so be it. If it gets released at 7 pm, so be it. 2 am Saturday morning, even better. I just want to have a full platoon to play with.

Secondly, it takes many of us (myself included) many hours to complete a large update for PS2 and as such we will be late or unable to attend if the patch is not up at least 4-6 hour before the event.
                          I'm there with you buddy. However, I JUST changed my ISP back to what it was when I had dial-up (5 years ago). They now "provide" me wireless internet and apparently they thought it would be a good idea to use the same user and password from 5 years ago and when I disconnected the cord from my computer to connect it to my router, it wanted me to sign in again. I called and told them to change my username and password and the girl seemed to change it, but I get home from work and neither of the logins work. Needless to say, I'm quite furious as I just paid $255 for installation two days ago for their "gold" service which only goes half of the advertised speed and etc etc etc. I'll see what I can do to rectify this problem. A bit much info, just wanted to vent my frustration.

Seaman

Comment

Hope it all gets sorted. Sortie in about an hour ;D

Comment

I won't be making an appearance due to the patch being so large. Won't be done overnight either.

Seaman

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...