One thing that's ruining the game for me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One thing that's ruining the game for me

I was planning on playing the game but it seems lately I am constantly weapons locked in the tank, since every knuckle head ng in the game keeps getting in my way when i'm trying to back up while under fire from enemy tanks. The problem is the lock doesn't reset and once you've been locked it only takes one more kill to relock your weapons, actually it's not a weapons lock it's a left-mouse button lock, totally retarded so I can't even repair or heal. It's making large scale combat totally impractical and the biggest problem is there's no penalty for the infantry soldier that decides to run around in the middle of a large armor column or group or tanks sitting on a hill.

Re: One thing that's ruining the game for me

I've tanked alot and have never once been weapon locked....

Comment

Press T for third person view, makes it a lot easier to avoid friendlies near you.
      sigpic

Comment

Not sure if its been solved or fixed but there was an issue with weapons lock not unlocking and/or it kicking in too easily... If you get weapons locked, give it a minute or two, then create a Vanu character on another server, log in, let off a few rounds then log out... log in with your previous, proper character and weapons lock should be gone.

I don't get weapons lock often so I don't know if this still works, and I don't know why you have to create a Vanu char, I just remember reading it a while back, it's worked for me 100% in the past... :)
        It matters not what letters or numbers come before my name, I'll always be 1stMIP.

sigpic

"It is all about being a teamplayer. Give a kitchen sink to a teamplayer and he'll find a way to support his squad with it."
        - John_CANavar (Marshall & Founder of the 1st Mechanized Infantry Platoon)

Comment

Originally posted by TacticalJim View Post
          I've tanked alot and have never once been weapon locked....
          Same here. Sure I have run over my share of friendlies in the big bases, but I have yet to be weapon locked even once, even when not tanking, and I have been playing for over a month.
          May you be covered in the dust of your Rabbi.

Comment

I've only ever been weapon locked once. That was before the warpgate redesign to keep infantry and armor better separated. Ran over a bunch of friendly inf, then splash damaged a bunch doing close support with HE cannons. Then *somebody* ran their Flash into the back of my Vanny and got me weaponlocked.

Since then I haven't really found it to be an issue. Keep in mind, I'm a pretty dedicated armor player and have no issues with causing a little collateral damage as I'm sure some of my squad members can attest to. I get a fair few warnings, but overall I don't think the frequency of weaponlocks is too high.

There are issues with the system itself though. Barring access to the medi-gun and repair tool, ammo, etc is ridiculous... unless the intent is to get the player to quit entirely to free up space on the server.

If all else fails, we can just be sundie/gal/Liberator drivers. :S
            Teamwork and Tactics are OP

Strait /strāt/ (Noun) A narrow passage of water connecting two seas or two large areas of water: "the Northumberland Strait".

Comment

Remember pedestrians have the right of way :D

sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed