Future Ops

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Future Ops

What would you all like to see in future events?

Re: Future Ops

How about, every event, we do something different. Such as, one event will be focused on tanking, and another event can be focused on air power. Just change it up, to keep it fresh.
    |TG-73rd|Socomseal
    |TG-73rd Member| Former TG Irregular ArmA Platoon Leader| Former TG ArmA Admin XO| TG Pathfinder - Spartan 1 |TGU ArmA Instructor |Former TG-18th Member| |Former TG-1st Member|

"Its easy to argue about issues from afar. But until you have experienced the issue first hand, you have not seen all the facts."

Carver you will be cut off for a long time before reinforcements can reach you "I am the reinforcements the main force is only coming to bring me body bags and to clean up the mess Im about to make" - General Carver

Comment

Why pick one thing when you can have a mix and be much more effective. One can't cap a base that well in a tank or aircraft.

2-4 tanks
      1-2 Sunderers
      Couple Reavers
      A Liberator
      A bunch of inf with a mix of all classes and a couple MAXes.

Then see which faction is the bigger bully and push them back.
      Viking

Comment

Originally posted by johnflenaly View Post
        What would you all like to see in future events?
        3-4 full platoons of pubbies led by TG members owning the whole map.
        sigpic

Comment

My suggestion would be for more delegated roles. Instead of anybody just choosing whatever class they want, figure out beforehand how many of each class you need, and delegate them to the squad members. Even more importantly, delegation of vehicles. Its rather disorganizing when vague orders are given as statements such as "a couple guys should hop in tanks if they want." IMHO, armor support should be in a separate squad, as should air. This makes it easier for the infantry to have tighter comms and actually function as a squad. I think this should apply to all nights, just not event nights, but on event nights it would be especially nice to have this.

I kind of have a presupposition towards that because of my background in PR, but everybody is free to disagree if they wish :)
          May you be covered in the dust of your Rabbi.

Comment

Because of the requirement to invest certificates into vehicles to make them more efficient, one cannot just be assigned a perticuliar kind without being "trained" for it.
            On the other hand, last night the valiant beta squad of the 1st NCR motorized rifle company had 9 engineers out of 12 members... We were awesome with the heavy machineguns but when the red facists unleashed their panzers units, we were in trouble quickly.
            Note that we did manage to execute a nice pull back under fire, at the cost of a few pubbies lifes since they could not hear the order to withdraw, but still it is an unusually difficult maneuvre when you are outnumbered and outgunned.
            Fred

Comment

I'm with Buf.

I want large scale battles here.

Comment

Originally posted by DaViking View Post
                Why pick one thing when you can have a mix and be much more effective. One can't cap a base that well in a tank or aircraft.
                That's what we do every night.

Why not mix it up more as Socom suggests, and go All-Air, All-Armor, etc.

It would let us try out some different roles.

I too would like to see a really big organized TG play.

I'm thinking start with a ground rule of no more than 4 TG guys together in a squad. Aim to expand to 2-3 platoons. That would need 32+ TG guys... can we manage it?
                Teamwork and Tactics are OP

Strait /strāt/ (Noun) A narrow passage of water connecting two seas or two large areas of water: "the Northumberland Strait".

Comment

Why not 3 squads infantry that assault each base assisted by 1 squad of manned sunderers and vanguards that transport base to base.
                  |TG-Irr|PricelineNegotiator

Seaman

Comment

Keep it up guys, like what im seeing so far. Right now im waiting to see if my time off gets approved in November. Depending we will have 1 to 4 events on Saturday in November. Speaking of unlike other games we dont have a server. This means we dont need an admin present for events. If any of you want to sponser and lead an event fill free. Just contact my self or jeepo and we will help you out in any way we can.

Comment

Hmm, I don't play much at night but the only AARs I have seen have been a bunch of tanks rolling around blowing stuff up. The nights I have played have only reached a size of about a squad or two and wasn't organized as I outlined. You would need about 3 full squads to do what I am thinking of.

I think all air would be boring. we would be fighting over what little targets we could find. The meat and potatoes of this game is the ground fight, mainly infantry. Without an infantry squad (within the platoon or smurfs) to help cap bases, I am not sure how much effect we would have.
                      Viking

Comment

I would offer very important point, I want to see the Tech Complexes fought over primarily. They are nuanced objectives with an open ended solution and teaching TG how to attack these points is important.

I'd suggest asking for SLs,PLs, and Specialty Squads (libs/air support) and asking if those people can or can't have pubs join.

What I would really love to see, but I doubt we have the numbers now, but a PR style event with a sign-up and a designated "Commander" who organizes the event and places people in the roles he deems fit.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X