Launch date - November 20th, 2012! / SOE Live Keynote

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [ANNOUNCEMENT] Launch date - November 20th, 2012! / SOE Live Keynote

More news to come from the SOE LIVE keynote.

From Reddit.

So far, we know that more people have played Planetside 2 than Planetside 1
    They can't really test it without all of us, so keep up the feedback
    Name Reservations are in. You need to purchase Alpha Squad
    Alpha squad goes off sale on November 15th
    FNO is awesome and shows off outfits
    If you want to be featured, talk to maggie
    Game is community driven. They want to give us tools to make videos
    Shout out to twitch streams. They watch a whole bunch of streams and really like watching the streamers
    Game will never be 'finished'. They will add more things for the years to come
    Smed will say Release date
    Amerish Coming soon. Screenshots of concept art.
    Amerish will be released with before launch
    Post Launch: Searhus, Oshur, Hossin
    Buggies are coming back. Snowmobils. Snowcat version of sunderer.
    Outfit Functionality. Outfit Uniforms, Specialization, Decals, Recruitment
    Outfit Advancement, your members get something for being part of your outfit.
    Player owned bases. You design and make your own bases. Others can destroy them
    Tournament Stuff - 'Not this year'
    Release Date 11 -20 -2012
    http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/c...te_megathread/

Re: Launch date - November 20th, 2012! / SOE Live Keynote

I saw them announce the release date and I laughed. And laughed. And laughed. But then it dawned on me... it's not a joke.
    This is not good :(
    May you be covered in the dust of your Rabbi.

Comment

.....they cant be serious

well they have alot of work ahead of them thats for sure
      |TG-Irr|CrazyDengoru
      Yes i watch and read mlp:fim related videos and fanfics. Problem?
      sigpic
      Steam ID: CrazyDengoru

Comment

If you missed it http://www.twitch.tv/soe/b/336061666. PS2 related stuff starts at the 45 minute mark. Interesting quote from smed. "More people have played in the Planetside 2 beta than ever played Planetside 1"

Comment

I think 20th is too early to sell if it was BF3. But it is not. It is a free to play game. If I don't have to pay, I can have much more patience with a game. Considering not everyone is in the beta, I bet some of the people without keys won't mind an early release.
          Another important aspect is the fact of holiday season. They almost have to release before mid December, if they wan't any attention compared too the crappybutsuperblymarketed games that EA, Ubisoft and the rest will dump all over us. I don't suppose it is the sales so much, but more getting people excited about the title, so they will have time to get to know it in the holidays, and so people will actually have time to play.

THE most worrying for me is that the character progression has been changed so much, resources too, that I think it will be hard for the devs to get a good picture of the newest changes.

On the other hand, I have not seen a beta that was this finished since a long time. In fact I have not seen a
          released game these last years that was less buggy than this beta was in september. THe last games I played were way way worse on release.

*edit* omg the audio in that twitch video is of appalling quality. I'd almost be better of letting microsoft sam read me a transcript :p.

Comment

WOW.. OK... Little shocked at the release date... Free or not there's still an awful lot of stuff to polish and finalise... It's ok in beta, because you tell yourself it's a beta.

The devs have their work cut out if they don't want this to bomb.

Interesting.
            It matters not what letters or numbers come before my name, I'll always be 1stMIP.

sigpic

"It is all about being a teamplayer. Give a kitchen sink to a teamplayer and he'll find a way to support his squad with it."
            - John_CANavar (Marshall & Founder of the 1st Mechanized Infantry Platoon)

Comment

I'm sure there is a magic patch out there somewhere. It should be fine, I'm mostly looking forward to textures, and character animations to be fixed.

Comment

Let's just say that Novenber 20th is the end of the closed beta and the start of the open beta. The nice thing is that we get to keep the characters we made after the open beta date... That's very kind of them :-)

Comment

I sense the bastard hand of the marketing department. This decision reeks of it.

As Al said though, it is free to play. They're certainly not stopping development, or asking you to shell out if you want to play after 20 Nov 12.

All this means to me is... no more character wipes! :D
                  Teamwork and Tactics are OP

Strait /strāt/ (Noun) A narrow passage of water connecting two seas or two large areas of water: "the Northumberland Strait".

Comment

If they plan to make this game last "years" as they said previously, they will have to fix and polish evrrything anyway, either if its before the 20th or after
                    |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

They see the numbers in beta and they look at the pre-orders and lose thier minds. It is like a rolling rock; the money grab is starts Nov. 20th.
                      "The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!"
                      Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945

Comment

Literally, with the speed at which the DEVs have been fixing (and breaking) things, I can see November being a reality. We've got to realize as well, most companies do not live test their most current builds. Players are usually testing on older or even capture based builds, where they log your game play data and review it.

I personally think it's in a stage of stability testing, where their focus is on game breaking mechanics and server stability.

All in all, it's do-able.

Comment

Meh.

What makes this a 'money grab'?

As to the state of the game, its ready for prime time, given the quality of related games.

Nothing unusual here folks.
                          sigpic

Comment

Im not a dev so im not going to claim to know that they dont have time to iron out the bugs. But it makes me sad because I know they arent going to revisit continent and base design :(
                            May you be covered in the dust of your Rabbi.

Comment

I am ON with November. This game is TOTALLY unrecognisable to me from when I started playing at the tech test stage, so I believe they will do ok.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X