Amerish

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amerish

For all who missed it, here is gameplay in the continent "Amerish" which is set to drop within "a week or two"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDMq...&feature=g-u-u

Interesting... Honestly expected to see more trees. To me, it looks a LOT like the falkland islands. (Recently made into a PR map)
    May you be covered in the dust of your Rabbi.

Re: Amerish

That is disappointing. I was hoping big jungle cover - claustrophobia. Very difficult terrain for vehicles.

With Esamir being a big vehicle map I assumed Amerish would be more of a infantry-centric map. (as a jungle environment would be)

Think Brazilian rainforest with a smattering of thinner mountain jungles up high. Hard place for CAS to be effective, but hard for AA to find effective sightlines too.
    Teamwork and Tactics are OP

Strait /strāt/ (Noun) A narrow passage of water connecting two seas or two large areas of water: "the Northumberland Strait".

Comment

Hmmm.... 3 trees = Brazilian jungle?

Kind of disheartening.

Comment

im sad :( i was hoping for super jungles XD

kinda reminds me of Halo outdoors maps.......
        |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

Originally posted by Strait Raider View Post
          That is disappointing. I was hoping big jungle cover - claustrophobia. Very difficult terrain for vehicles.

With Esamir being a big vehicle map I assumed Amerish would be more of a infantry-centric map. (as a jungle environment would be)

Think Brazilian rainforest with a smattering of thinner mountain jungles up high. Hard place for CAS to be effective, but hard for AA to find effective sightlines too.
          Exactly what I was thinking. It IS disheartening. From what I have seen, this really does look just like a green tinted Esamir. I think its pretty safe to assume the bases will be the same old copy+paste as well :(

Comment

Is Amerish jungle? I forget what the original was.
            "...the rules aren't there to enumerate what is always correct but what is always wrong..."

Comment

It looks temperant. But come on who would fight over forests?

Comment

Originally posted by Greyed View Post
                Is Amerish jungle? I forget what the original was.
                No the original was temperate, but it DID have woodlands in addition to grassy plains. But if you compare the original with the new one, its quite sad.
                The original Amerish: http://wiki.planetsidesyndicate.com/...ntinentMap.jpg

The new Amerish: http://wiki.planetside-universe.com/...nt_amerish.png

I am not a PS1 vet so I cant confirm this, but a PS1 vet did tell me that on the original Amerish not only was there underground fighting, but even an underground river/lake that had an island with a base in the middle. How awesome would that be to have something like that in PS2? There is so much potential for awesome out of the box environments, but so far I have yet to see it.

*sigh*...

Comment

Originally posted by SoloDaNINJA View Post
                  No the original was temperate, but it DID have woodlands in addition to grassy plains. But if you compare the original with the new one, its quite sad.
                  The original Amerish: http://wiki.planetsidesyndicate.com/...ntinentMap.jpg

The new Amerish: http://wiki.planetside-universe.com/...nt_amerish.png

I am not a PS1 vet so I cant confirm this, but a PS1 vet did tell me that on the original Amerish not only was there underground fighting, but even an underground river/lake that had an island with a base in the middle. How awesome would that be to have something like that in PS2? There is so much potential for awesome out of the box environments, but so far I have yet to see it.

*sigh*...
                  I don't remember any underground lake or river, unless he was talking about the caves. The caves were a separate location btw.

Comment

Yeah, Core Combat. Better known as the xpac that killed PS1.
                    "...the rules aren't there to enumerate what is always correct but what is always wrong..."

Comment

Amer was a rolling plains/hilly cont with scattered forests. The jungle map with the large trees and lots of rain and puddles/swamps you could hide lightnings in was Hossin, or the battle island Extinction.

Ugh so dark. But a gen hold!

And a jackhammer! and the boost implant.
                      Last edited by Bisclaveret; 10-20-2012, 07:20 PM.

<04:11:24> *** You are now talking in channel: "TFP - Task Force Proteus"
                      <04:16:25> "|TG-XV| Tralic": this channel is so gay
                      DICE needs to make a comical boxing glove attached to a spring punch the player in the face 40% of the time they get into a helicopter or jet.

Comment

Originally posted by Bisclaveret View Post
                        Amer was a rolling plains/hilly cont with scattered forests. The jungle map with the large trees and lots of rain and puddles/swamps you could hide lightnings in was Hossin, or the battle island Extinction.
                        Ah. I heard people calling Amerish the 'jungle' continent. I hope we see at least a decent forest on Amerish, and fingers crossed for a jungle continent in the future.
                        Teamwork and Tactics are OP

Strait /strāt/ (Noun) A narrow passage of water connecting two seas or two large areas of water: "the Northumberland Strait".

Comment

They DO have Hossin in the works for post launch... maybe then we will actually be able to see some jungle!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X