Couldn't join the right server

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Couldn't join the right server

I haven't played in a while, so I had to make a new character. But it wouldn't let me join the Leda server that the guys in TS were going in and out of. Is that server just full from anyone else making a character in it? I.e., no luck of playing with the guys until the game comes out? I've attached a screen shot.

joinserver.jpg

Re: Couldn't join the right server

It's just full. Keep trying and you'll get in eventually.
    sigpic

Comment

Actually, its because there is no Leda server right now. The three servers that are shown as being active are the only three servers there are. We're playing on Lysithea.

Comment

Originally posted by Ferris Bueller View Post
        Actually, its because there is no Leda server right now. The three servers that are shown as being active are the only three servers there are. We're playing on Lysithea.
        Ugh, well that's where someone telling me that in TS when I was saying that I could join Leda would have helped.. lol. I guess I didn't make it clear what I was asking at the time. I thought that could be a possibility, but I've kind of gotten the feeling from the forums that anything above the most necessary chatter in TS is a no-no, and that asking what server everyone is on is something that the forums should be looked at for. Oh well, I'll just speak up until someone gives me the right answer next time. Thanks.

Comment

Stickies are your friend !!!!

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/planets...oast-live.html

Comment

I must agree with SuperDude. The Planetside TS channels on TG have pretty much turned me off the game. What happened to people who were happy to offer guidance and advice to newcomers?

Who needs a life when you can have a heavy bolter?
            --BlackMirror
            <23:03:38> "|TG|Smachin<BF Admin>" was kicked from the server by "|TG-70th| Zhohar" (UNDERAGE ban.)
            Anything over $600, and it would be pointless to try and reason with Grandma
            --Blackraven93

Comment

Originally posted by Cheburash View Post
              I must agree with SuperDude. The Planetside TS channels on TG have pretty much turned me off the game. What happened to people who were happy to offer guidance and advice to newcomers?
              To be honest, TS is a total chaotic mess at the moment; with the fault being placed on game design. I've seen people join the channel who ask a question, and the response is given in Squad chat (in game). The quality of the voice is so good ingame, that once players properly set their mic levels; it's almost impossible to tell where the sound is coming from; especially in mid fight. I think some form of 'all clear' rule should be put into place in TS; where people clearly state "Tango here - in TS, *question*". Everybody is very 'happy to offer guidance and advice to newcomers'. 9/10 it's being given to players in squad chat.

Comment

"9/10 it's being given to players in squad chat."

That hasn't been my experience.

Who needs a life when you can have a heavy bolter?
                --BlackMirror
                <23:03:38> "|TG|Smachin<BF Admin>" was kicked from the server by "|TG-70th| Zhohar" (UNDERAGE ban.)
                Anything over $600, and it would be pointless to try and reason with Grandma
                --Blackraven93

Comment

With the many channels in game we have to listen to we try and limit talking in TS. This doesn't mean you can't ask questions fill free. Like tango said a lot of times people don't know what channel your talking in so saying your in TS before you ask a question would be beneficial. If someone is out and out being a problem on TS please bring this up to me or jeepo.

Comment

Originally posted by TangoSierra View Post
                    The quality of the voice is so good ingame, that once players properly set their mic levels; it's almost impossible to tell where the sound is coming from; especially in mid fight.
                    This is exactly why I dont keep perfect levels on game comms. All in-game voice comes in with a bit of static (makes it sound slightly more realistic IMO) to differentiate it from TS. That way, I actually know where the questions are coming from.

Comment

What happened to people who were happy to offer guidance and advice to newcomers?
                      I think you'll find that they are here. I mean that literally, here, on the boards. Because here we can be focused on your question and provide an answer with a reasonable response. Most games, not just PS2, we tend to be a bit more focused on the ebb and flow of the game itself. Getting information outside of the current game can take 2-3 tries as people who have the information might be having an intense moment of fighting and aren't aware of the question or unable to process it at that moment. PS2 takes this even further in that there is no such thing as rounds. So the pre/post round chatter that happens in our other titles doesn't happen often in PS2.

IMHO, this is not something that should sour anyone to PS2. If anything it should be a reason to be intrigued. To put this in perspective last night I logged into PS2 at 9pm. Got into a platoon that was running 4 full squads. That's 64 people. We were on Indar and in those 3 hours took the entire eastern half of the map up to Mou. Mou is a major base right outside the TR warpgate. We held it until the server shut down at midnight. What other game that TG plays has you in a 64-man unit fighting for a common goal? And not be the only combatants for your side on the field? With just as many, real life, enemies? Oh, and have constant action for 3+ hours? I think the closest is PR and that's limited to 64 players total, 32 a side. Or ArmA where we can get 64 on the same side against computer controlled opponents.
                      Last edited by Greyed; 10-22-2012, 07:36 PM.
                      "...the rules aren't there to enumerate what is always correct but what is always wrong..."

Comment

I will attest that I have four (!) buttons to manage my chat in game and on TS.

Button#1=Proximity
                        Button#2=Team Speak
                        Button#3=Squad
                        Button#4=Platoon

Talk about confusing. I can't tell you how many times I have held a conversation on one channel to find out that I was on the wrong one!

Edit: Don't get me wrong, I would be really upset if PS2 took away the different channels. It is effective to be able to shout and some random guy in proximity, relay orders in squad, and shout out in platoon directions with three easy clicks. I guess I could do without the TS3 all together as there are plenty of other ways to communicate.
                        "The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!"
                        Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945

Comment

5. You forgot outfit. ;)
                          "...the rules aren't there to enumerate what is always correct but what is always wrong..."

Comment

Originally posted by Greyed View Post
                            5. You forgot outfit. ;)
                            LOL, did I??? :P
                            "The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!"
                            Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945

Comment

Originally posted by johnflenaly View Post
                              I agree! That's why I was using the "All you need to know" thread in the stickies for the information. lol. That's the first place I looked. "East Coast Live" didn't really sound like it would have the information I was looking for.

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/planets...ow-thread.html

Could one of you edit the all you need to know thread so that the updated info is there for anyone else trying to get started (or restarted, in my case).

I know that the TS stuff can be confusing. I instinctively say "This is SuperDude in Teamspeak" first. I've actually been waiting until game sounds can go to one audio device (speakers) and in game comms can go to another device (USB or bluetooth headset). It looks like there may be a work around, and if not, the main audio developer has said that it will be implemented very soon.

And everyone has been nice in TS, I didn't mean to imply that if that is how it sounded. It can just be confusing.

Ok, hopefully I can give Lysithea a try tonight or soon. Once I have my character made (lost any old ones in server wipe, so I don't have any now), I'll do the join outfit thing. That's just per server, right?

Thanks!!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X