3 man MBT?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 man MBT?

Reading the official forums and came across this thread.

In it I found this:

"To get to the gist of it, I believe that multiple developers have commented that Tanks are going to have different variants. The one that is up and coming is supposed to be a 3 man vehicle. Which has a driver, a primary gunner and a secondary gunner."
    Source: http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/i...f-hands.35749/

This is unconfirmed, here-say, but I think it is exciting news. Anyone else heard of this mystical 3 man MBT before?
    "The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!"
    Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945

Re: 3 man MBT?

PS1 Prowler is the only confirmed sighting I've seen and that was considered the bane of the TR.
    "...the rules aren't there to enumerate what is always correct but what is always wrong..."

Comment

I'll just leave this here and let your imagination run wild.

sigpic

Comment

?!?!?!??!!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!??!?!?!?

(that's my mind running wild ^)
        |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

Really? Mine is more like, "Olivia Wilde, Stoya and Christina Hendricks walk into a room together...." :icon_eek:
          "...the rules aren't there to enumerate what is always correct but what is always wrong..."

Comment

Originally posted by Greyed View Post
            Really? Mine is more like, "Olivia Wilde, Stoya and Christina Hendricks walk into a room together...." :icon_eek:
            hahahha yes
            |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

I better not let my mind run wild. It is dirty and full of swear words.

But DAMN!......

Comment

The next vehicles that are supposedly going into the game are the faction-specific buggies. Those are 3-man vehicles with a driver and two gunners, similar the the BF2 FAVs.

The devs have stated that BFRs will not be put into PS2, and that that model (hidden in a warehouse that you have to glitch into) is more of an easter-egg.

That being said, it's entirely possible they might come out with a new 3-man tank. They have also talked about making it an option to 3-man the MBTs.

FYI, in the Planetside universe MBT means 'medium battle tank'. :S
                Teamwork and Tactics are OP

Strait /strāt/ (Noun) A narrow passage of water connecting two seas or two large areas of water: "the Northumberland Strait".

Comment

Buflak,
                  Did this thing say "Please put down your weapon. You have 20 seconds to comply" when you entered the OCP warehouse?
                  Fred

Comment

Thats an updated model of a PS1 Terran Republic Colossus battleframe robotics. Controversial, a lot of people consider the BFR update to have been the 'death' of PS1.

<04:11:24> *** You are now talking in channel: "TFP - Task Force Proteus"
                    <04:16:25> "|TG-XV| Tralic": this channel is so gay
                    DICE needs to make a comical boxing glove attached to a spring punch the player in the face 40% of the time they get into a helicopter or jet.

Comment

It is pretty much confirmed by the devs that BFR's will NOT be in PS2, until further notice. Comments regarding this particular one, is that it is merely a fun easter egg.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Fredrick View Post
                        Buflak,
                        Did this thing say "Please put down your weapon. You have 20 seconds to comply" when you entered the OCP warehouse?
                        Fred
                        Living outside of Detroit, that was my first thought too!
                        "The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!"
                        Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945

Comment

Ha, someone got my ED-209 reference :-)
                          Fred

Comment

Originally posted by Fredrick View Post
                            Ha, someone got my ED-209 reference :-)
                            Fred
                            Just run to the stairwell, it'll try the stairs and fall down :p

Comment

Update from John Smedley (President of SOE) via Twitter on 10/28: "To be very clear - we have thoroughly read the arguments regarding crewed MBTs and at this time we aren't changing. We do have some specific ideas on what we want to do and are still discussing internally. I want to make sure people understand that we are listening. That doesn't always mean we agree. We wanted this game to be more viable for solo play."
                              May you be covered in the dust of your Rabbi.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X