Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What can we expect from [email protected]?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What can we expect from [email protected]?

Simple question aimed at the leadership:

What are the goals, short and long, of the TG Outfit in PS2?

Bonus questions:
    -Is there a willingness to let IHSes manage themselves?
    -Will there be an active effort for organization to perhaps the level of other large PS outfits?
    -Are their places one can volunteer to support [email protected]?

Re: What can we expect from [email protected]?

Originally posted by Ytman View Post
    Simple question aimed at the leadership:

What are the goals, short and long, of the TG Outfit in PS2?

Bonus questions:
    -Is there a willingness to let IHSes manage themselves?
    -Will there be an active effort for organization to perhaps the level of other large PS outfits?
    -Are their places one can volunteer to support [email protected]?

1. IHS have always managed themselves for the most part, can you elaborate on specifically what your asking?

2. Again can you elaborate? Right now I would love to see large scale operations. There is a few problems. First and foremost is lack of leadership. We have a very select few who will step up to roles of sl and pl. Second is a lack of participation. Read the role call thread. We have over a 100 TG members who signed up as interested but I barely see more than a squads worth on. I would be curious to know what people are missing that's keeping them from playing.

3. The biggest thing you can do is SL or PL routinely. After that I would like people to step up and lead preplanned ops or events. These seem to attract people out of the wood work and I think its the best way to grow TG.

Comment

Originally posted by johnflenaly View Post
      Second is a lack of participation. Read the role call thread. We have over a 100 TG members who signed up as interested but I barely see more than a squads worth on. I would be curious to know what people are missing that's keeping them from playing.
      A lot of good titles have been coming out and school is probably getting serious for folks still in it. I will make an effort to play this weekend as I haven't since like 3 or 4 patches ago.
      sigpic

Comment

school is destroying me, i can inly play on weekends and thats if my weekends arent full :p i wish i had more time to play :/
        |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

As John alludes to, coordinated leadership is a huge force multiplier. Perhaps huger than any of the unlocks (except maybe the popcorn cart for the Sundy-That really raises morale). If they search around the site, folks'll find tons of SL guides for various games. All of them can be informative and it's a great way to learn about how other parts of our community approach leadership challenges. I try to run SL/PL as much as I'm up for it, so far, to varying degrees of success. It's a lot of fun but you're kinda working. Even so, if folks don't normaly SL, please give it a try and keep trying, we need all the SLs and PLs we can get.

The PS2 pubs are, for the most part, amenable to taking assigned roles (when I remember to assign them) and following orders. You can get a lot done with them and a bit of encouragement goes a long way. They are all just as eager to have an awesome session as you are. We could get a whole lot more done with them if we had a couple of platoons worth of TG SLs with a plan coordinating them. Eight to twelve TG SL's, running pubs would be a formidable force. That's a possible 96 to 144 troops in total, assuming full squads. If 144 folks all spawned Vanguards and then stacked them up, the stack would be over 1000 ft. tall. Placed end to end, the column would be around a klick long. Any way, you get the idea. Lots of potential firepower. Lots of possibilities.

Would anybody want to try a Dirty Dozen night?. 12 folks SL, elect a commander, the commander determines platoon and squad roles. Folks makes a rough plan based on the state of the map and the resource needs of the team, and start recruiting and forming platoons then proceeding to execution. Maybe it's a 3 hour session commitment? Use the first hour to get organized and staffed and have 2 solid to have your way with the map. Just thinking out loud here with this but I'd love to see how large a group we can create under combined leadership. How hard, really, is it gonna be to keep it together and working efficiently? I'd like to know. If any folks would want to SL/PL and get in on something like that drop me a PM. If there's enough initial interest and consensus on the details, we'll set a date and some ground rules and start a sign up thread. Try and squeak it in before the holiday crunch if possible.

Comment

I'd be down for an organized event. I'd rather, at this moment, see TG focus on getting TG great. I mean I love squad leading randoms who listen and there is a sort of sweetness that comes from spontaneous teamwork. However, I'd love to see PR or even ArmA level coordination/teamwork from the TG people.

This means specialized roles of small hyper-focused elements combining into one large squad or platoon.

Yesterday, for about an hour or so we tried it to good effect. Al ran a pure infantry squad while myself, raider, and coiled stationed just behind the infantry line with an AMS sundy.

This concept could be applied to many things.

Comment

Would love to host am event but with it being the holidays, me getting a weekand off has a snowballs chance ...... If any of you would be willing to lead the event I can help out on the forums and get it promoted.

Comment

I'm quite capable of organizing it, and happy to do it. My concept and I'd like to see it through. Thanks for any support. If folks want to get in on the dirty dozen deal, PM me for more deets. I'll make a dedicated sign up thread once we have a date and time.
                Last edited by P.Drona; 10-27-2012, 06:37 PM.

Comment

I have had a lot of fun with TG in PS2, however, I am not going to put much more into it until release. From then on, I will be on pretty much daily. So I wouldn't gauge attendance or activity until launch.
                  "The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!"
                  Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945

Comment

Originally posted by P.Drona View Post
                    Would anybody want to try a Dirty Dozen night?. 12 folks SL, elect a commander, the commander determines platoon and squad roles. Folks makes a rough plan based on the state of the map and the resource needs of the team, and start recruiting and forming platoons then proceeding to execution. Maybe it's a 3 hour session commitment? Use the first hour to get organized and staffed and have 2 solid to have your way with the map. Just thinking out loud here with this but I'd love to see how large a group we can create under combined leadership. How hard, really, is it gonna be to keep it together and working efficiently? I'd like to know. If any folks would want to SL/PL and get in on something like that drop me a PM. If there's enough initial interest and consensus on the details, we'll set a date and some ground rules and start a sign up thread. Try and squeak it in before the holiday crunch if possible.
                    I love the idea.

Maybe we could tone it down and try 4 or 8 squads first? It has been rare that we get more than 2 squads currently.

We would also need at least 2 TG members per squad - two are needed to form a squad. (and I find it helps immensely to have a solid right-hand man)
                    In particular the Platoon Leader's squad should have a minimum of 2-3 TG players in it. The PL's squad really needs a second squad leader to handle his squad while he works on higher operations. Ditto for our company commander.

How about next weekend? If we did it Saturday night it might be easier to get people on earlier to organize things.

Some things we should figure out beforehand:
                    1) Command Structure
                    2) Basic Company Layout (platoon roles, infantry/armor/air distribution)
                    3) Squad naming system
                    4) Voice procedure
                    5) Procedure for replacing lost squad leaders
                    Teamwork and Tactics are OP

Strait /strāt/ (Noun) A narrow passage of water connecting two seas or two large areas of water: "the Northumberland Strait".

Comment

Since I'm on the west coast and am coming in pretty much when people are logging out (1-2 people in TS when I log in) I've been running with other platoons to get my fix. The Ascended and WMD, mostly.

TAS is an unorganized mess. I dunno what it is but I end up in the squad which is always late to the party and dropping into an enemy force thrice our size. Very basic direction beyond, "Load into my sundy" and "we're going here next." Of course no marks on the sundy nor where we're going next. :/

WMD 2 nights ago was stellar. They had 4 squads with a mix of pubbies and WMD. They laid down the law up front. Platoon chat is for Platoon Commander, Squad Commanders, and important reports from scouts. All other chatter is Squad/Proximity. They also made it clear when the Platoon Commander calls for BREAK BREAK everyone shuts up on every channel for 30 seconds, no exceptions. They often ran squads separate of one another, hitting 2-3 small objectives at a time. Sometimes to just rush and overwhelm. Sometimes to have one squad provide a diversion for the others. Then they'd bring them all together on the difficult or major target. In the 3 hours I played with them that night we started with NC on the ropes on Indar, through a steady march across the south, to camping the TR WG with a massive Armor/AA plug to finish out the night.

What I would like to see out of TG? What WMD is doing. Disciplined combined arms used to devastating effect. On Indar I think this boils down to "**** the Crown, hit them everywhere else."

As to Strait's questions.

1: PS2 has a built in structure. Dumping certs into the Command tree unlocks perks for commanders. Some of which are more WPs, in-game smoke and a command-only channel. Traditionally the structure has been Command -> Platoon Leader -> Squad Leader. However, mechanically in game only the latter two are enforced.

3: Squads are named, Alpha, Bravo, Charley, Delta. I don't think we need to stray from that, especially if we have pubbies in the mix. Hard enough to keep up without having to learn new names on top of that. Did you mean Platoon names? I'd stick to something simple. Not to step on any IHS but maybe reserve 2-3 numeric designations so as not to overload the alphabet. It would be clear then that 1st Alpha is different than 2nd Alpha, etc.

4: Main rule, keep it as local as possible. If you're in a tank with a gunner and need to talk to them? Proximity. Squad needs to know something? Squad. Platoon/Outfit for inter-squad/platoon coordination only.

5: Rochambeau, Cartman Style.
                      "...the rules aren't there to enumerate what is always correct but what is always wrong..."

Comment

Psyched that folks are interested, but please, let's not hijack Ytman's thread with event deets, etc. Shoot me a PM if you want to SL or assist in planning(Greyed and Straight thanks for the input, I'll hit you back shortly). So far I have 4 SLs on board, date/time dependent, of course.

Comment

I would love to see more teamwork and better comms.
                          What do yall think of letting squad members (even if they arent specifically "scouts") use PL chat for important, CONCISE callouts when it is something that is relevant to the whole platoon if there is nobody else speaking in PL chat?

Example of what I mean: "Full gal inbound from the north"

Importance means not reporting a lone flash headed the opposite direction.
                          Concise means not using PL chat to make a report like this: "GUYZZZ LOOK OUT THERES A GALAXY INBOUND HES PROBABLY ABOUT TO DROP TROOPS, OPEN UP ON HIM, LETS TAKE THIS SUCKER DOOOOOOWN!!!! *cue random war cries*
                          Platoon level relevance means not using PL chat to say you think there's a MAX around the corner, that is what proximity is for.

Thoughts? I want PL comms to be a very clutter free channel, but at the same time I dont want us to lose an engagement because a squad member was afraid to speak up about a danger that nobody else noticed.
                          May you be covered in the dust of your Rabbi.

Comment

Hmm, ive always felt that contact reports should be done on proximity. The platoon may not be all in the same place, and using proximity alerts friendlies around you as well.

Comment

Originally posted by SoloDaNINJA View Post
                              Concise means not using PL chat to make a report like this: "GUYZZZ LOOK OUT THERES A GALAXY INBOUND HES PROBABLY ABOUT TO DROP TROOPS, OPEN UP ON HIM, LETS TAKE THIS SUCKER DOOOOOOWN!!!! *cue random war cries*
                              although, this would be HILARIOUS :)
                              |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...