No announcement yet.

Curious about what happened last night.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Curious about what happened last night.

I am a member of a pair of rather large online gaming groups, TG being (I believe) the smaller of the two. Howeer when it comes to PS2 our reception thus far is much larger. Because of this I have dropped a note on my other community that if they are in PS2 and are looking for a good group to run with, to look up TG. At the same time this sticky encourages people to open the squads up to the public so they can get a taste of the TG way of playing these games. It seemed like a great pairing.

However, last night (10/24) one member of that other community joined the open TG squad with ~4 members & asked on squad what continent to report to. With no word said, he was kicked from the squad. Quite the opposite reaction I would've expected, and certain that I had led him to expect, from an open TG squad.

If anyone was on during that time and remembers the matter, could you let me know if there is something I am missing? Did he say something else? Was it just that everyone happen to split at the same time?
    "...the rules aren't there to enumerate what is always correct but what is always wrong..."

Re: Curious about what happened last night.

I apologize for what happened to your friend on behalf of all of us (if I may take such liberty), what happened there is a pity.

I have not yet seen something like this happen in our squads; kicking a member from the squad that is using voip and trying to help.

Consider though that it might have been an accident. THis is how it could have gone. A squadleader that is not used to the interface notices that a squad is open when he really didn't want it open. As he sees someone joining he sees the problem. THen he wants to close the squad, and kick the pubbie (i.e. your friend in this case). When he is about to click "remove from squad", your friend is halfway trough his sentence, and the message while sent by your friend was actually not heard.

ANother possibility: The squad is being closed down seconds before your friend joins. All lmembers have been informed that they will be kicked. As the SL is kicking everyone, your friend joins but is immediatly kicked.

I do not know what happened, it is unfortunate, but I think there is more chance that there was a misunderstanding, a misclick (spellchecker: misc lick :p), a mishap of some kind, than unfreindly or disrescpectuf behavior. Perhaps there was a voip problem?

I think we all can agree in the end, that what happened was not representative of TG, whatever the reason for the actions taken was.

PS I would encourage your friend to try again sometime, and perhaps say hello in the roll call. I know forum signups are indeed a hassle :p. If we have seen the name, it might help to prevent any future mishaps.

Comment

May have been me that kicked him...i kicked a few people out of squad after several warnings to meet with me only to find out that my voip and connection was messing up. Tell your friend I'm sorry if it was him!

Comment

Will do, thanks for answers. :D
        "...the rules aren't there to enumerate what is always correct but what is always wrong..."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X