Proposal for operation this friday 26/10

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proposal for operation this friday 26/10

So I haven't been able to play all week, but I can this friday. Whilst not being able to play, I did think of some stuff to try. We've all seen how we can form big groups, and cap sector after sector. However, it often feels like zerging, and little less to me.

So far it seems this game is all about numerical advantage; whoever has more manpower rolls the other team(s). I want to challenge this by trying to defend things, and seeing whether if we form an entrenched organized defense, we can hold off when we are attacked by large but not excellently organized groups.

The plan I had so far would be to defend a large base, probably Zurvan, but not necessarily, and hold it for a long time. I also want to get to know the current base mechanics better, and see how they play out. I haven't really been defending a large base since weeks, so I don't know how they play out now.

My provisional plan would be to have at least two ground squads, and one small air squad.

THe first squad would be my squad, providing command and control. This squad will be very defensive, and will stay in the base at all times at least that is the plan. Players in the squad will be assigned specific objectives to watch, specific towers to be on etc. Finding out what works as goes.

THe second squad would be more mobile, more offensive. THey would be allowed to move outside the base, when there is opportunity or need for that. Whereas even if no enemies are near, 1st squad would be manning aa or turrets, but may not leave positions. This squad can accomodate the slightly less patient players, and players can change squad when wanted of course.

The third squad would be a small CAS squad. I want to try something new here. I noticed that one liberator is really not effective in a serious big fight; not enough staying power in the battlefield. Therefor I would ask this squad to remain safe and at standby at all times, so we can call on them to come in at the best time, with the best intel. THe air squad would have to operate like a jack in a box, to see if this way it can be used with reliable tactics in big battles. Of course the base will have a lot of AA to help out the air squad when they do come.

Now I don't know if any of you are interested. If we can do this fridaynight, it will also be open for pubbies. HOwever what I need is volunteers. If you are interested, just log on and join, but I am looking for a few people to volunteer ahead of the session for key roles mainly:

*Squadleader of #2 and possibly more than one volunteer to make up for disconnects GF phonecalls etc.

*Squadleader of air squad.

SO if you are interested to play these roles, please post here in time.

Starting hour will be whenever we get enough people, and necessary leadership. Anyone at all is welcome to be sl, no experience at all required. The idea after all is learning and experimentation.

One thing that WILL be required, is patience. So if you are not feeling patient don't bother to join or make sure to join the second squad which will be more proactive. However there will be no zerging, there will be no abandoning defence. There may be some shifting depending on the situation. (e.g. if we have 90% of the map I will not keep everyone in an empty base for hours).

But still. If we do this, it WILL be discilined, and as a freindly warning, I will be kicking TG members that wander off. I don't usually do this, but this time I will kick anyone wandering off, and the TG guys first as I will be expecting all TG who want to join the operation set the example.

I'm curious to test some new things, and I hope we can make it happen. Don't feel obligated if not interested, but feel very welcome if you are. See y'all tomorrow evening.

Re: Proposal for operation this friday 26/10

I like this. We need more of this.

I would love to see an emphasis on Fireteam level coordination and cohesion. Great fireteams make greater squads.

Comment

I'll stand in as a backup squad leader for Impetuous Squad. Depends on my availability and BAC when we get rolling.

I would like to make some suggestions for your consideration.

When defending bases I would suggest that Stoic Squad concentrates solely on the Walls of the facility while Impetuous Squad holds the central building and courtyard, reacting to generator overloads and point capture. Each should have their own sunderer next to the wall or inside the main building respectively.

In this manner we would have a clear delineation of tasks - We don't have people scurrying back and forth between the capture point, the generators and the walls. Hopefully this would allow people to better concentrate on their respective tasks as well as easing communication. (Stoic Squad is only chatting about wall-based activities and Impetuous is only chatting about activity inside the walls)

Additionally, while Stoic Squad may be completely foot-soldiers, I would suggest having Impetuous Squad be roughly half armor. This would allow them to be a powerful reactionary force, bringing large firepower to bear quickly against intrusions. The added mobility would also allow them to access satellite facilities quickly and to RTB quickly in an emergency. The squad could also be tasked with making short, fast strikes outside the walls to remove enemy Sunderers or Armor.
      Teamwork and Tactics are OP

Strait /strāt/ (Noun) A narrow passage of water connecting two seas or two large areas of water: "the Northumberland Strait".

Comment

Originally posted by Strait Raider View Post
        I'll stand in as a backup squad leader for Impetuous Squad. Depends on my availability and BAC when we get rolling.

I would like to make some suggestions for your consideration.

When defending bases I would suggest that Stoic Squad concentrates solely on the Walls of the facility while Impetuous Squad holds the central building and courtyard, reacting to generator overloads and point capture. Each should have their own sunderer next to the wall or inside the main building respectively.

In this manner we would have a clear delineation of tasks - We don't have people scurrying back and forth between the capture point, the generators and the walls. Hopefully this would allow people to better concentrate on their respective tasks as well as easing communication. (Stoic Squad is only chatting about wall-based activities and Impetuous is only chatting about activity inside the walls)

Additionally, while Stoic Squad may be completely foot-soldiers, I would suggest having Impetuous Squad be roughly half armor. This would allow them to be a powerful reactionary force, bringing large firepower to bear quickly against intrusions. The added mobility would also allow them to access satellite facilities quickly and to RTB quickly in an emergency. The squad could also be tasked with making short, fast strikes outside the walls to remove enemy Sunderers or Armor.
        Excellent suggestion I hadn't thought of the role of the :p impetus squad this specifically. We'll do exactly that if we can get it going.

A Key role of the squad on the walls will be also to kill sunderers that want to park at the walls. I think "stoic squad should have mostly engis, a few heavy assaults, and a medic, possibly a max, an infiltrator.

Another thing I have in mind is spreading some infiltrators outside the base in safe positions for recon purposes. They would make sure we have intel on:
        -where the enemy is coming from (spawn logistics)
        -size of the enemy force
        -sossible enemy flanking maneuvers

I did some experimenting with TGOrbital as a spotter for cas, and I found an infiltrator that focuses on might be a very valuable tool for an organized squad.

Comment

Originally posted by Strait Raider View Post
          Having focus like this would be great, especially for a half-armor, quick reaction force. It would give us opportunity to tune our armor to the task at hand. Most times I have my Lightning kitted out with 75mm HEAT, my Vanguard with 150mm AP. If I knew we were going to focus on anti-infantry reactionary forces I could move to 100mm HE and 150mm HE respectively. Not a loadout I would ever consider for either vehicle, but would be excellently suited for the task at hand.
          "...the rules aren't there to enumerate what is always correct but what is always wrong..."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X