Pre Launch Concerns with Hamma

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre Launch Concerns with Hamma

For those who don't know Hamma is a PS1 vet and has been around sense the first planetside beta. He is also the owner of http://www.planetside-universe.com/, which became the unofficial site of planetside.

Re: Pre Launch Concerns with Hamma

I dont agree with his statement saying that there is "no effective way" to remove the sunderer's out of a base, there are plenty of ways. (call in air support for one?)
    |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

I stopped watching when he forgot to turn off the headlights on his flash after 2 seconds.
      On a more serious note, I have faith in the devs. It's not like they will release the game and completely abandon it, i'm sure balancing and patching will go on for a long time.
      sigpic

Comment

Air is so weak right now with the prevalence of anti-air.

He's spot on about the Sunderer's piled up on one another. AMSes could not deploy close to one another. This means you had to strike a balance between distance from the target, giving it cover and not being too close to any other AMS. Here, we have Sunderers right outside the walls of major bases. Blown up? No problem, spawn another the next hex over and drive it up! Hell, 48 certs and you can have everyone in the squad bring up a spawn point. Rotate through the spawn and even the timer's not an issue.

I know we're not going to get PS1, but I think SOE is really pooching it by stripping so much of PS1 mechanics away. I get that updating the FPS portion is needed. But the metagame was tuned over several years to be what it was for a reason. To throw that out because "it's PS1" is foolish. The are just going to repeat the early mistakes of PS1's metagame. :/
        "...the rules aren't there to enumerate what is always correct but what is always wrong..."

Comment

There was also the fact that in PS1 you only got a choice of "nearest AMS or base/tower" (2 if you took the time to imprint on another spawn tube across the map/another planet or a second AMS) when you spawned, not having access to half a dozen bases/outposts/towers plus 10 sunderers plus spawn beacon.

<04:11:24> *** You are now talking in channel: "TFP - Task Force Proteus"
          <04:16:25> "|TG-XV| Tralic": this channel is so gay
          DICE needs to make a comical boxing glove attached to a spring punch the player in the face 40% of the time they get into a helicopter or jet.

Comment

Originally posted by Bisclaveret View Post
            There was also the fact that in PS1 you only got a choice of "nearest AMS or base/tower" (2 if you took the time to imprint on another spawn tube across the map/another planet or a second AMS) when you spawned, not having access to half a dozen bases/outposts/towers plus 10 sunderers plus spawn beacon.
            The resource cost on Sunderers is going up: https://twitter.com/j_smedley/status/262338288222871552

"@morganssss1 what's silly about them? They will cost more resources so they aren't everywhere"

Comment

Not good enough.

Its a simple cert unlock and everyone could stack them, drive them into the bases, up the stairs. Its ridiculous.

I like the PS1 logistics more. They aren't giving enough credit to mature gamers.

Comment

Right now they cost more than 50% of my resources. Most times I'll have the resources back before the timer is gone. 12 people in a squad with a sundy can rotate them in 2-3 at a time. Resources aren't the answer. :/

Heck with it, just responded and asked him why they are insisting on ignoring the hard learned lessons from PS1.
                "...the rules aren't there to enumerate what is always correct but what is always wrong..."

Comment

If I recall correctly, they were planning to put in a minimum distance between deployed Sunderers.

In one of the more recent interviews I also recall Higby stating that they had gone overboard with the number of spawn locations they were offering, and were planning to tone it down again.

Whether these intents are actually followed through on remains to be seen.
                  Teamwork and Tactics are OP

Strait /strāt/ (Noun) A narrow passage of water connecting two seas or two large areas of water: "the Northumberland Strait".

Comment

Originally posted by Strait Raider View Post
                    If I recall correctly, they were planning to put in a minimum distance between deployed Sunderers.

Whether these intents are actually followed through on remains to be seen.
                    From the most recent patch notes: "Sunderers can now only be deployed 200m or more from another Sunderer."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X