just hop in and play

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just hop in and play

So maybe I'm not seeing something, but everything appears as if a guy wants to just jump in and play he won't e able to??? You have to apply for outfits??? If I just hop in game would I basically be on my own since it appears that the TG guys have specialized "outfits"
    "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Re: just hop in and play

Originally posted by Ven View Post
    So maybe I'm not seeing something, but everything appears as if a guy wants to just jump in and play he won't e able to??? You have to apply for outfits??? If I just hop in game would I basically be on my own since it appears that the TG guys have specialized "outfits"
    What ??? Hop in to teamspeak, make sure your on the right server and faction and its just a quick squad invite ven. The outfit thing is separate and does take sometime based on when an officer is online.

Comment

Oh...okie doke, good to know. Thanks John.
      "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

The outfits are basically clans/guild setups in the game. You can play the game outside of an outfit just fine... Although you'l see greater communication, teamwork, and fellowship inside of one, and join outfit-private squads.

<04:11:24> *** You are now talking in channel: "TFP - Task Force Proteus"
        <04:16:25> "|TG-XV| Tralic": this channel is so gay
        DICE needs to make a comical boxing glove attached to a spring punch the player in the face 40% of the time they get into a helicopter or jet.

Comment

Usually the squad is public anyways so you dont need to ask for an invite unless the TG is not listed
          |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

Originally posted by di1lweed1212 View Post
            Usually the squad is public anyways so you dont need to ask for an invite unless the TG is not listed
            This is something I really like about this game. Once in the outfit, the way they have squads set up, it is really easy to "hop in and play".
            "The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!"
            Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945

Comment

i just started playing today but dont expect much out of me in terms of killing things lol.
              |TG-Irr|CrazyDengoru
              Yes i watch and read mlp:fim related videos and fanfics. Problem?
              sigpic
              Steam ID: CrazyDengoru

Comment

crazy, whats your IGN? i think i saw u and thought hmmmmm could it be? i saw a person named dengorumagnus or something like that XD
                |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

yes that was me

Thats just the name ill be using for beta because i feel like it :P
                  |TG-Irr|CrazyDengoru
                  Yes i watch and read mlp:fim related videos and fanfics. Problem?
                  sigpic
                  Steam ID: CrazyDengoru

Comment

Originally posted by Dengoru View Post
                    yes that was me

Thats just the name ill be using for beta because i feel like it :P
                    hahaah ok :)
                    |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

Originally posted by Ven View Post
                      Originally posted by johnflenaly View Post
                      What ??? Hop in to teamspeak, make sure your on the right server and faction and its just a quick squad invite ven. The outfit thing is separate and does take sometime based on when an officer is online.
                      Really? Is that how it works? I'm normally not the confrontational type, but I can't take it anymore. I put my outfit "application" in over three weeks ago (closed beta day one btw), still not in yet. I've tried "hopping in" to TS several times a week with a mixed group of people I recognize and names I don't. Here's how it usually goes....

Say something.

<silence>

Say something else.

<silence>

Check settings, make sure mic is working, yep it is. Say something again.

<silence>

Make a real long annoying, "Mike Cheeeck in Teeeeeaaamspeeeeaaakkkkk"

"yeah" from someone whose name you don't recognize.

"Oh, thanks, I was beginning to think it wasn't working"

<silence>

"You guys on Lis...Listeri...Lisytheria..something or another?"

<silence>

"Is the squad public?"

<silence>

"Can I get a squad invite"

<silence>

Say to myself for about the dozenth time in three weeks, "F**k this." Go do something else.

Anyone really wondering why participation is waning in this title? You want NEW members joining? How about figuring out a way to include people that have been around since closed beta day one, because what's in place right now isn't working.

Comment

Originally posted by Harlequin View Post
                        Really? Is that how it works? I'm normally not the confrontational type, but I can't take it anymore. I put my outfit "application" in over three weeks ago (closed beta day one btw), still not in yet. I've tried "hopping in" to TS several times a week with a mixed group of people I recognize and names I don't. Here's how it usually goes....

Say something.

<silence>

Say something else.

<silence>

Check settings, make sure mic is working, yep it is. Say something again.

<silence>

Make a real long annoying, "Mike Cheeeck in Teeeeeaaamspeeeeaaakkkkk"

"yeah" from someone whose name you don't recognize.

"Oh, thanks, I was beginning to think it wasn't working"

<silence>

"You guys on Lis...Listeri...Lisytheria..something or another?"

<silence>

"Is the squad public?"

<silence>

"Can I get a squad invite"

<silence>

Say to myself for about the dozenth time in three weeks, "F**k this." Go do something else.

Anyone really wondering why participation is waning in this title? You want NEW members joining? How about figuring out a way to include people that have been around since closed beta day one, because what's in place right now isn't working.
                        Wouldn't know about the TS issues I don't think I've seen you on when I have been. In reference to the outfit invite I apologize if it was missed. I'll try and get you in as soon as possible.

Comment

What timezone/time of day are you active in Harlequin?

I've found the TS atmosphere to be relatively prompt, as long as it is decently populated. If there's only 2-4 people in channel, most of them may be afk.

That being said, if TG is running a squad, it will be public 99% of the time, and you can join without special permissions by finding it in the squad browser.
                          Teamwork and Tactics are OP

Strait /strāt/ (Noun) A narrow passage of water connecting two seas or two large areas of water: "the Northumberland Strait".

Comment

I used to be active early evening EST, but haven't been active much at all lately what with failed attempts at joining the squads lately.

I assume that once in the outfit a message is still displayed on the screen that a outfit member has logged in? That used to be all it took to get a squad invite immediately.

Thanks John, and sorry for the curtness of my post, I supposed I could have sent a reminder PM about the outfit invite, but one thing I try to do is not be a bother to people. That's why I'm easily frustrated after getting no response in TS after a couple tries and just bailing on the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Harlequin View Post
                              I used to be active early evening EST, but haven't been active much at all lately what with failed attempts at joining the squads lately.

I assume that once in the outfit a message is still displayed on the screen that a outfit member has logged in? That used to be all it took to get a squad invite immediately.

Thanks John, and sorry for the curtness of my post, I supposed I could have sent a reminder PM about the outfit invite, but one thing I try to do is not be a bother to people. That's why I'm easily frustrated after getting no response in TS after a couple tries and just bailing on the game.
                              Its no problem, in reguards to PMs my door is open.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X