Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Lightning - My new favourite vehicle.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Lightning - My new favourite vehicle.

With yesterday's patch the lightning with the 100mm gun (AP or HE) became quite the beast. While it is still cheap and made of paper, you can single handedly take on a MBT if you get the jump. I've managed to kill at least 5 prowlers and a couple of Magriders in a matter of about half an hour. I have yet to try out the HE (don't have it unlocked) but I'm hopeful.

Also, it seems that the lightning now has a new role: Tank Support Vehicle. (At least one that it can actually fulfill instead of just prancing around all la-di-da.) My dream tank column: 3 MBT Full Crew, 2 AP Lightning, 1 HE Lightning, 2 Skyguards. MBT would fulfill its' multirole duities (Anti-everything), and the Lightnings can fulfill their specialized roles. In the case of coming onto an opposing tank platoon, you can have the Vanguards take the brunt of the attack and have the AP Lightnings flank. The HE Lightning is there to ensure no infantry sneak up and of course the skyguards help prevent rocket strafes.

(Its 1:36 in the morning, if this post is only half sensical and half rambling, that is why.)
    Blackpython / ZephyrDark
    Former 31st RECCE Member

Re: The Lightning - My new favourite vehicle.

I love the lightning and think it doesn't get enough praise. My current Beta Goal is to unlock the HE shells to see why its so much more expensive then the Vanny's HE turret.

The lightning's speed is second to none for ground and the low profile makes it a great skirmisher. Tie in some good "IFF" Sensors and Up-Armor and you've got a beast against most threats. The only MBT I'd suggest to have a clear advantage over the Lightning would be the Mag Rider.

Comment

Supposedly the recent patch made the 100mm HE on par with the vanguards HE gun. Couple that with higher rate of fire and better mobility, makes it great as a TSV against infantry.
      Blackpython / ZephyrDark
      Former 31st RECCE Member

Comment

And much higher ammo than a vanny.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X