This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Fellas

I know with release approaching soon there are issues we need to address. I don't believe this game is something that TG can just support as one faction and write it off as such. This game has many facets, with many views on how to be played, and just viewing it in one manner is obtuse. I plan on playing this game as a member of the Terran Republic and I know there are others whom enjoy the same manner of warfare that I enjoy. While there are others whom enjoy yelling out for batteries in the midst of combat, or enjoy using OP weapons (I kid :p). I say that Tactical Gamer as a whole stands for more than just one faction, and so limits our abilities to bring others into the greatest gaming community ever created.

So I say we split the planet side forums into three separate sub-forums, for each of the growing factions, while keeping a general forum for discussion on after action reports and other inter faction rivalries. Some may see this as a negative campaign; to divide our community, but it could not be the opposite. While other servers may have the issues of bunny-hopping, I hope to experience a server where my concerns are being out flanked and not being beaten by some lame game mechanics. And If I am beaten due to tactics, hopefully it makes a great story or video which can highlight our community. And should teach me a valuable lesson.

Lets grow our communities homies,

R.Brush

sigpic

Re: Hey Fellas

Originally posted by Atatron View Post
    I know with release approaching soon there are issues we need to address. I don't believe this game is something that TG can just support as one faction and write it off as such. This game has many facets, with many views on how to be played, and just viewing it in one manner is obtuse. I plan on playing this game as a member of the Terran Republic and I know there are others whom enjoy the same manner of warfare that I enjoy. While there are others whom enjoy yelling out for batteries in the midst of combat, or enjoy using OP weapons (I kid :p). I say that Tactical Gamer as a whole stands for more than just one faction, and so limits our abilities to bring others into the greatest gaming community ever created.

So I say we split the planet side forums into three separate sub-forums, for each of the growing factions, while keeping a general forum for discussion on after action reports and other inter faction rivalries. Some may see this as a negative campaign; to divide our community, but it could not be the opposite. While other servers may have the issues of bunny-hopping, I hope to experience a server where my concerns are being out flanked and not being beaten by some lame game mechanics. And If I am beaten due to tactics, hopefully it makes a great story or video which can highlight our community. And should teach me a valuable lesson.

Lets grow our communities homies,

R.Brush
    Upon release, it would be wise to count how many regular's there will be. If we do not have enough to have 2 squads or a platoon in 2/3 factions I don't think this would be possible
    If this does happen, it would help with recruitment
    |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

Interesting post.

Tactical Gamer stands for mature teamwork orientated play, it has nothing to do with in game teams or factions, they are merely details. Who we play is irrelevant, it is how we play that matters.

TG has decided to focus on one specific faction to facilitate that core teamwork and that faction was chosen based on majority community feedback.

There is nothing preventing anyone playing as whoever they choose, however TG is focusing on the NC. When I say focus I of course mean providing specific forums and the like.

Selecting a single faction to focus on means that you have the greatest chance of intra TG teamwork from the kick off, obviously spreading ourselves across all 3 factions would dilute our presence on the servers and make TG teamwork just that little bit harder to achieve.

Hence Jeepo and the TG Planetside 2 Admin team in conjunction with Site Administration have made that decision.

This was discussed previously on the public forums when community members were polled as to their potential faction choice. The feedback was assessed and a decision made.

I hope that makes things a little clearer.

Edit: Just an FYI, TG does not host a server, they are hosted centrally by the Developers. As such we have no controls over things like rules etc. We do of course have self control, as ever TG members will set the best possible example when representing their community.
      Last edited by Wicks; 11-10-2012, 11:44 AM.

Comment

I guess my question is, will 2 squads of 4 (on any typical night) have more fun than 1 squad of 8? I know the colors and skins are really cool (and I know max suits have different combinations), but in the end, it is all essentially the same. I honestly don't care what color I am, I just want a lot of people working with me.

There will be nights when there are 9 NC on and 2 TR (or vise versa) and combined that makes a full squad, but who wants to switch to an alt so they can have a group? You might argue, "Well, there are tons of people playing, I can pug it." Sure you can, but isn't the point of playing with an outfit to have constancy and a higher level of order on a nightly basis? We all have been gaming long enough to know numbers are participation will be high at launch. Two months later we will be struggling to fill a squad. I think we are shooting ourselves in the foot by splitting up. At this point, before release, I think if there is a question about what faction to go, it should be voted. Majority chose the side (if I may be so bold to suggest this). On the other hand, TG has done a fantastic job building up the NC theme, that staying the course is the strongest option we have.
        "The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!"
        Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945

Comment

Originally posted by Gun Weasel View Post
          I guess my question is, will 2 squads of 4 (on any typical night) have more fun than 1 squad of 8? I know the colors and skins are really cool (and I know max suits have different combinations), but in the end, it is all essentially the same. I honestly don't care what color I am, I just want a lot of people working with me.

There will be nights when there are 9 NC on and 2 TR (or vise versa) and combined that makes a full squad, but who wants to switch to an alt so they can have a group? You might argue, "Well, there are tons of people playing, I can pug it." Sure you can, but isn't the point of playing with an outfit to have constancy and a higher level of order on a nightly basis? We all have been gaming long enough to know numbers are participation will be high at launch. Two months later we will be struggling to fill a squad. I think we are shooting ourselves in the foot by splitting up. At this point, before release, I think if there is a question about what faction to go, it should be voted. Majority chose the side (if I may be so bold to suggest this). On the other hand, TG has done a fantastic job building up the NC theme, that staying the course is the strongest option we have.
          The vote was done in the past and it was a clear majority for NC. Thats why have gone NC and built up the TG outfit around it.

Comment

Welp I expected this, just had to say my peace before live. I'll see ya'll downrange.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Atatron View Post
              Welp I expected this, just had to say my peace before live. I'll see ya'll downrange.
              Always could see if the IRR want to play on another server, 12th may be creating an outfit in PS2 when it launches.

Comment

I think trying to represent each faction equally wont work with our amount of players (and the fact you cant switch factions) but maybe we could at least ask everyone to make soldiers for all factions and occasionally have night where we play as either TR or VS together? But still do NC on most nights.
                May you be covered in the dust of your Rabbi.

Comment

Although we've settled on NC, it was a lot of fun playing Vanu in the early part of the beta when we were trying each faction out. I don't think we gave TR a fair shake though, as they sure don't seem to have any problem stomping the other two out when they get organized. I'll be doing some alt-rolling for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by SoloDaNINJA View Post
                    I think trying to represent each faction equally wont work with our amount of players (and the fact you cant switch factions) but maybe we could at least ask everyone to make soldiers for all factions and occasionally have night where we play as either TR or VS together? But still do NC on most nights.
                    This might be a good idea for a Saturday event, play TR or Vanu for the night.

Comment

i believe the main focus will be NC, but if people want to create an alt and play the other factions that will be their choice. i'm sure there are people out there who would want to create an alt and play the other factions.

Comment

I concur with others in the thread that we are not big enough to split over different teams. John's proposition of having themed nights where we play a different faction is a good idea perhaps.

It just wouldn't be realistic to do it now. But I do know that if I were to play other factions I'd be more interested in vanu, because they are more different. TR just feels like a different color to me.

Comment

Everyone play nc to start then talk about mutiny ok thx bye :)

FUN FUN

Comment

The issue for me is not particularly that I have any "problem" with NC, or TG players as NC or whatever else, it's more that TR at large are a more cooperative group (meaning TG and non-TG players). I have yet to meet a TR soldier that does not want to cooperate and the territory control by and large reflects the overall level of organisation the TR have. So while, yes, if I want a consistent TG presence in my platoon/squad/fleet/whatever, I can play NC and know they'll be there, but what happens when TG players are not around? I felt NC -- and I gave them a fair go, I think -- were just too uncoordinated on a public level for my tastes.

One way or the other, Atatron said it best: I'll see you guys downrange and won't have any hard feelings when I get stomped. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by LordFuzzywig View Post
                              The issue for me is not particularly that I have any "problem" with NC, or TG players as NC or whatever else, it's more that TR at large are a more cooperative group (meaning TG and non-TG players). I have yet to meet a TR soldier that does not want to cooperate and the territory control by and large reflects the overall level of organisation the TR have. So while, yes, if I want a consistent TG presence in my platoon/squad/fleet/whatever, I can play NC and know they'll be there, but what happens when TG players are not around? I felt NC -- and I gave them a fair go, I think -- were just too uncoordinated on a public level for my tastes.

One way or the other, Atatron said it best: I'll see you guys downrange and won't have any hard feelings when I get stomped. ;)
                              I find this huge generalisation a little strange. You claim that TR are far more organised, and more cooperative, but I would like to see your evidence. I have been playing PS2 since the tech test started, and on the contrary, I would say it is between VS and NC for the most organised. All 3 factions have their moments of course, as server population change over time, then other factions get a chance to shine. But, I have never witnessed the TR on any server pull of the massive combined arms combat I seen with both the NC and VS. In fact on a few servers I have played they reset the map to INTENTIONALLY set the NC back to their warp gate as they were capping the entire continent, and not due to server imbalances.

But look, this is not a "Hey don't knock my faction" thread, we are all a little bit more mature than that here, mostly. But I find your gross over generalisation strange. Surely as a mature member of TG, you share the obligation we all feel to have fun with out community mates, and exert our will on the game world by our deeds? If you feel the NC are so poorly organised on a public level, then surely someone of your organisation and experience would theoretically thrive and wield the faction correctly?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X