This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [INFO] Scheduling of Events

OK guys, with the launch day so close, I want to let you all know about how you can organise events. This game is not like any other at TG, and does not require an "admin" presence to have a get together. So with that in mind, I want to encourage you all to have fun, and give you a quick template to post about what event you want to run.

Template

1) Prefix the new thread with the ANNOUNCEMENT option, followed by the date and time and title if you have a name for it.
    2) Objective - Does the event have one? Do you intend to fight on a particular continent? If so state which one so people can easily join from the outfit.
    3) Numbers - Do you require a set number of people to sign up for it to work? For example, if you plan to mass wave attack the TR on Amerish, you will need more that 6 people.....
    4) Strategy - Are you focusing on Infantry, Aircav, Armour?
    5) Any more info you feel is relevant.

Feel free to make these posts guys, and to ask for sign ups if you want. They are open to anyone in the outfit, and if people in game join along then the more the better. It is just a simple easy way to get people together in game and have a blast, PS2 is after all all about scale.

Also, try to limit it to one event per day, no point in having 10 different events of one date!

Have at it!

Re: Scheduling of Events

Could I add that if you're posting time for event, post it in GMT also. It's easier for us Europeans than just telling EST time.

Some may already gotten used to that, but I find it easier calculate correct time for my timezone if GMT is also used.
    sigpic
    Programming today is race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, Universe is winning.

Comment

If your GMT and the time posted is EST just +5, PST +8....Simples. ;)

Comment

It's simpler for most parties to post the GMT.

Everyone knows what their time zone's displacement off of GMT is, so everyone just has to make one calculation.

Otherwise you'll have to work out your time zone's displacement off of EST, or convert EST into GMT, then back into local time. Figure out if the poster is on daylight savings time or not (or whether you are)...

It's not a big deal, it just seems like it would make the most sense to use GMT, particularly as TG prides itself on being a multinational group.
        Teamwork and Tactics are OP

Strait /strāt/ (Noun) A narrow passage of water connecting two seas or two large areas of water: "the Northumberland Strait".

Comment

When is our ops night on Fridays again? What time? I'm trying to plan it so I can make the planetside 2 ops and not have to work.

Comment

usual hours are from 8-12 est. After that it usually breaks down to TG only casual squads since 4
            + hours of heavy combat will take a big toll on the leadership

Comment

Can we use the "event" prefix or just the "announcement" prefix?
              "When attacking a stronger opponent, Attack swiftly and with full force at their weakest point— take them out before the can react, or Fall back and engage in guerrilla actions,” Spartan 117.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X