Gaining Cert Points: How To

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gaining Cert Points: How To

While I realize that the version released later today will have more answers to this question (and new answers), what are the various ways to gain certification points?

I plan to save all mine for my Sunderer AMS system, but seek a low risk path to gaining cert points until I have the AMS installed.

I have never been entirely certain as to what actions lead to gaining cert points.

What do we know at this point in time?

3:11:15
    sigpic

Re: Gaining Cert Points: How To

The consensus on the PS2 forums seemed to be that being part of the zerg is the fastest way to earn cert points.

Reason being, deaths don't matter. Only the number of kills & points you get matter and the zerg just gets them fastest.

Bonus points if you're playing as a medic or engineer class. The medic in particular supposedly earns cert points like a beast.

This might be a borderline exploit... but unless they've fixed it a medic with Triage I can get a large amount of XP from sitting in a vehicle with wounded soldiers. Reason being that xp for healing and repairing is earned based on time spent, not HP healed. (poor mechanic IMO) Triage allows the medic to heal all passengers in a vehicle he is in. As Triage (particularly at low levels) heals very slowly, you can get a healing XP trickle for a very long time.
    Teamwork and Tactics are OP

Strait /strāt/ (Noun) A narrow passage of water connecting two seas or two large areas of water: "the Northumberland Strait".

Comment

So are certs directly related to xp points? The more xp points the more certs acquired?
      sigpic

Comment

Cert points are gained at a rate of 1 point per 250 exp. Aditionally there is a small passive gain (12-24 per day i think) that require you to log in once per day.

Comment

The Vanguard provides an excellent tool for cert acquisition. Safety, take out ground and air targets from a considerable distance, and keep the K/D from boiling over.

Made a few silly mistakes that got me killed in the first 15 minutes, but am already at 10 certs after a hour of gaming and a modest 2/1 K/D ratio.

At this rate I'll have the AMS system after 5 hours of play.
          sigpic

Comment

I would highly recommend that the first Cert buy for anyone should be the 50AMS for Sundy. When I bought it I was BR5. After the battle at makalla vs. VS/TR after we took it, I had it sitting as the only spawn inside the facility. Had 3xp/tick from so many people spawning. After we left, I was BR8, and was back up to around 50certs.

Thats the easy way to make certs.. get AMS and then just farm spawn.

These Things We Do... That Other's May Live

Comment

However chances are that your AMS will not be able to deploy when everyone else realizes this.

Comment

Sitting a few meters back from the front of a fight as a medic can farm certs as well. Just keep the reviving and healing up and your exp will roll in like crazy.

Former TG-21st
                Swift Mobile On Target

Comment

Just shooting and keeping the ammo flowing at the tech plant battle last nite, 30min and 9000 xp later... wow 4 hours and battle rank 9 already.

Comment

Infiltrator and Light Assault I would think would be the lowest earners as everyone can frag, spot, and capture. The MAX has a huge advantage in the frag department especially with an engineer or two for backup.

The vehicles seem very crew reliant so although a sundy can earn points passively however with a good gunning crew you could use it effectively as anti-infantry or anti-air.

Also as far as earning more for your time if you are an Alpha Squad purchaser then start using the booster and on top of that grab a membership.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DeF View Post
                      if you are an Alpha Squad purchaser then start using the booster and on top of that grab a membership.

Booster..? Whats a Booster..? I am an "alpha squad" purchaser..

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X