In-Game VOIP: Status?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In-Game VOIP: Status?

Is it just me or is in-game VOIP 'broken' beyond usefulness at this point?

All I hear, if anything at all, is very broken comms from VOIP.
    sigpic

Re: In-Game VOIP: Status?

I've been using it all day, I can hear people fairly clearly, and they me. I think my in-game voice settings mimic the settings in another PS2 VOIP post.

Comment

It was working last night pretty good for squad comms at least.
      Home/Gaming PC: [email protected]/Asus Rog Maximus VIII Formula/EVGA GTX 1080 SC/Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB)/Corsair Carbide Quiet 600Q/Corsair RM750i/Acer XB270H 27"/BenQ G2400W 24"/Sound BVlaster ZX/Samsung 850 Pro SSDs x2/Samsung 950 Pro x1/Win10 Pro 64bit/Saitek X52/TrackIR3: Pro-TrackClip Pro/

Comment

Hmm had an issue this morning. Was working perfectly then transmissions from other people started to cut out randomly and my transmissions were not getting out. I changed no settings, it just went from perfect to fail.

Comment

Originally posted by johnflenaly View Post
          Hmm had an issue this morning. Was working perfectly then transmissions from other people started to cut out randomly and my transmissions were not getting out. I changed no settings, it just went from perfect to fail.
          Did the voip usability decline with a larger amount of people in your region? (Friendly/enemy activity increase)
          It seems if you follow the guide that Al and I worked out and your voip drops out, it isn't a local problem but a PS2 voip server scaling issue. I'll run some more tests tonight.

Comment

I'm pretty much decided it is all due to server load by now. We've sorted out most of the other problems that can arise except for Tllyx and Ggumby's afaik. You can pretty much set your clock to when the voip goes to hell, some time before prime us playing hours. During euro times it works well.

I've made a post one it in the official forums. In fact here:
            http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/i...er-load.55415/

It has disappeared from the page unnoticed I think. Who knows perhaps the devs read it anyway.

Comment

Agreed. Voip is perfect during off hours.
              In game handle: Steel Scion
              sigpic

Comment

Yes, we used voip exclusively for hours yesterday without problem. When it works the quality is actually top notch. Pretty close to TS.

Comment

I haven't had a chance to try voip during off hours. I always have issues with audio on voip going to crap when I turn the receive volume up loud enough to hear it over combat. Some kind of voip ducking would be nice, unless its in and I just missed it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mosati View Post
                    I haven't had a chance to try voip during off hours. I always have issues with audio on voip going to crap when I turn the receive volume up loud enough to hear it over combat. Some kind of voip ducking would be nice, unless its in and I just missed it.
                    You cannot turn recieve or transmit above about 60. Otherwise it gets completely distorted. You've gotta turn down your master volume instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Feriluce View Post
                      You cannot turn recieve or transmit above about 60. Otherwise it gets completely distorted. You've gotta turn down your master volume instead.
                      In fact this information is dated. I had read over it when I wrote the little guide. But in the patch just before that they added to the voip volume: "master receive volume" My levels are ok, so I didn't fiddle with it. But if you mouse-over and read the tooltip, it indicates that this is the slider to change to make voip louder, not the other two. So it is no longer necessary to use the game sounds' master volume, you should be able now to use master receive volume. THat will make it easier to manage sound levels vs ts2 and other programs.

When this was first added, I had read "master volume", overlooked the "receive" in there, and figured it was just the same slider as in the audio menu for "master volume".

BTW I'm glad to announce that yesterday I think we figured out the last remaining problems for any TG-ers afaik. The solution worked for tllyx and I'd bet money it will work for GGumby too.

=>There are individual volume sliders for each channel. You can access them by
                      -going to the social tab (p)
                      -click "voice and chat"
                      -bottom right click on "voice options"
                      -menu appears showing the "proximity volume" slider
                      -to access the other channel sliders click on the different chat tabs.
                      general tab->proximity volume
                      outfit tab->outfit volume
                      squad tab->squad volume
                      platoon tab->platoon volume
                      command tab...?

For Tllyx some of these were somehow put to 0%, thus muting those channels for him. I'd bet money on it Ggumby had the same problem. It kinda does prove my point that if you can't wait for the devs to make it perfect. You as a player have to learn to use it as well, and that takes a little time and effort. Otherwise players and devs alike give up and we stay in Shrödinger's TS2 box where the rest of the faction doesn't know if...

Comment

Yep. All of my other channels were set to 0% except proximity. I don't know how they got to 0%. I was playing in a platoon one day and they all just muted. Possibly a hotkey or something I pressed by accident? Beats me. VOIP works great now though! Thanks Al!

Comment

Originally posted by BigGaayAl View Post
                          In fact this information is dated. I had read over it when I wrote the little guide. But in the patch just before that they added to the voip volume: "master receive volume" My levels are ok, so I didn't fiddle with it. But if you mouse-over and read the tooltip, it indicates that this is the slider to change to make voip louder, not the other two. So it is no longer necessary to use the game sounds' master volume, you should be able now to use master receive volume. THat will make it easier to manage sound levels vs ts2 and other programs.

When this was first added, I had read "master volume", overlooked the "receive" in there, and figured it was just the same slider as in the audio menu for "master volume".

BTW I'm glad to announce that yesterday I think we figured out the last remaining problems for any TG-ers afaik. The solution worked for tllyx and I'd bet money it will work for GGumby too.

=>There are individual volume sliders for each channel. You can access them by
                          -going to the social tab (p)
                          -click "voice and chat"
                          -bottom right click on "voice options"
                          -menu appears showing the "proximity volume" slider
                          -to access the other channel sliders click on the different chat tabs.
                          general tab->proximity volume
                          outfit tab->outfit volume
                          squad tab->squad volume
                          platoon tab->platoon volume
                          command tab...?

For Tllyx some of these were somehow put to 0%, thus muting those channels for him. I'd bet money on it Ggumby had the same problem. It kinda does prove my point that if you can't wait for the devs to make it perfect. You as a player have to learn to use it as well, and that takes a little time and effort. Otherwise players and devs alike give up and we stay in Shrödinger's TS2 box where the rest of the faction doesn't know if...
                          I'm glad the individual problems seem to have been resolved. There is still the bigger issue of it going to crap during US primetime. Lets keep testing it everyday and see how it goes.

Comment

I'm pretty sure the "Master receive volume" Is just a renaming of the slider. I just tried it out, and any values above 60-70 would distort people.

Comment

Originally posted by johnflenaly View Post
                              I'm glad the individual problems seem to have been resolved. There is still the bigger issue of it going to crap during US primetime. Lets keep testing it everyday and see how it goes.
                              Don't worry though. If you listen to the gamesradar interview and hear higby about voip. THey are updating it at a rather nice pace, but they never share the changes.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X