HUD Icons

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [INFO] HUD Icons

In this post, I will attempt to show images of the various icons you may see on your HUD and what they mean. This is by no means an exhaustive list and I welcome any additions to it.

Again, I ask that we keep this thread as clean and informative as possible. Please avoid off topic discussions.

- Control Point - Move to this icon in order to defend or attack the CP. If the icon is gray, no faction controls it. Red or Purple signifies the CP is owned by another faction. If it's blinking, it's contested. Not shown are icons for CP's B - D.

- Capture Point - These are similar to the above, in that this is where you move to capture an outlying base of a large facility (ie. Tech Plants, Bio Labs, and Amp Stations)

- Waypoint (personal) - You can place this icon on your HUD by opening your Map (default m), right clicking, then left clicking Personal Waypoint. Not shown are the Squad Waypoint (green) or the Platoon Waypoint (orange/yellow)

- Equipment Terminal - This is where you can change or modify your kit, or resupply ammunition and grenades.

- Ground Vehicle Terminal - Here is where you can requisition a ground vehicle. MBT's, light tanks, Sunderers, and ATV's.

- Air Vehicle Terminal - Climb into an ESF or Liberator at this terminal.

- Galaxy Terminal - A Galaxy Dropship is the reward for using this terminal.

- Ground Vehicle Resupply/Repair - Park near this to rearm and (slowly) repair your ground vehicle.

- Air Vehicle Resupply/Repair - Same as above, except it's for Air Vehicles.

- Your Vehicle - When you hop out of your vehicle, this icon shows you where you left it. I believe this icon may also represent a teammate that's requested a ride from you.

- Warpgate Map - Accessing this terminal allows you to move between the continents of Auraxis.

- Spawn Control Unit (SCU) - The device that this icon represents allows it's owners to spawn at that base. If it's owned by an enemy, destroy it. Your team will thank you.

- SCU Shield Generator - This powers the shield that protects the SCU.

- Inner Base Shield Generator - Powering the shields inside of a large facility, this is a very important secondary objective.

- Vehicle Entrance Shield Generator - This powers the shields along the walls of large facilities.

- Teleporter - Using this device, if your team owns it, allows you instant transportation.

- Ammunition Box - Engineers drop these to resupply teammates with ammunition but, not explosives

- Explosive Device - I'm not sure, but I think these icons represent friendly explosive devices (Mines, Bouncing Bettys, etc.). I'm also not sure if these show up for enemy explosives.

I'm sure I missed a few icons or messed up a description here and there, but this should cover most of the icons you may encounter.

p.s. Sorry for the inconsistent icon sizes.. Here's a link to all of the above images.
    Last edited by Mindkill; 11-30-2012, 04:53 PM.

sigpic

Re: HUD Icons

Originally posted by Mindkill View Post

- Capture Point - These are similar to the above, in that this is where you move to capture an outlying base of a large facility (ie. Tech Plants, Bio Labs, and Amp Stations)
    I thought this changed over who was able to spawn at certain locations around large bases? Or is that ability tied to who controls A/B/C etc.

Originally posted by Mindkill View Post
    - Inner Base Shield Generator - Powering the shields inside of a large facility, this is a very important secondary objective.
    This one is a set of two, consisting of a Horizontal Shield and a Vertical Shield correct?

These Things We Do... That Other's May Live

Comment

Originally posted by Serjikal View Post
      I thought this changed over who was able to spawn at certain locations around large bases? Or is that ability tied to who controls A/B/C etc.
      As far as I'm aware, if a faction has influence in the area, it can capture those points. I'm reasonably sure that there are no ties to who owns the control points inside of the main facility.

This one is a set of two, consisting of a Horizontal Shield and a Vertical Shield correct?
      I think you may be correct, I just didn't see the horizontal icon at the base where I was taking screenshots.

For further clarification of the Shield Generator icons: They seem to match the icon that's displayed on the actual shield.

Thanks for the tips on the last two icons in the list!

sigpic

Comment

Yes. If you have influence on the area you can capture these outliers. They have no effect on the capture of the region, but provide a respawn point as well as terminals for infantry and frequently armor and air as well. They rarely (if ever?) have ammo towers, but frequently provide teleporters and/or jump pads into a biolab. (Controlling the point will put you in control of the teleporter and the teleporter room shields within the biolab.

Yes. Both the horizontal and vertically barred shields must be downed to gain access to the central facility.

Vehicle shields do not work this way, if you see two vehicle shield generators at a facility they will each control separate vehicle shields. (those closest to them)
        Teamwork and Tactics are OP

Strait /strāt/ (Noun) A narrow passage of water connecting two seas or two large areas of water: "the Northumberland Strait".

Comment

Thanks for clarifying that Strait!

sigpic

Comment

Thanks for these tutorials Mindkill!! Taking me a bit to get my tiny mind around this massive game.

Todd
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Toddshooter View Post
              Thanks for these tutorials Mindkill!! Taking me a bit to get my tiny mind around this massive game.

Todd
              Any time, bud!

And, don't worry.. as you progress in the game, it just gets harder. :madsmile:

sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X