TGU Class Descussion: Basics of Planetside 2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TGU Class Descussion: Basics of Planetside 2

SO I was thinking about a class for planetside 2 to try and help out new players of players who may not know the intricate details of the game. That being said its been a long time sense I've been new to this game. So from you all as a new player or one who needs help what would you like to know more about or learn in a class like this.

Re: TGU Class Descussion: Basics of Planetside 2

I allways wonder whether tech plants, amp stations, bio labs and what not have any other effect than just the ressources of the tile... so some indepth information on the meta game is something I woudl appreciate to be told.

Comment

An overview of base capture mechanics seems like something that could be useful.

Comment

Where to spend certs, what to focus on as a newb. Just today I found out that Sunders have to have a cert to have others spawn in on them. Given how useful that is and the potential as an XP earning cert, it would make it high priority. I'd like to see other high priority certs highlighted.

What class should I play? They drop you in as a light assault but what class is newb friendly and helps out the team. How and when to recognize the makeup of your team and switch your role accordingly.

Comment

Identifying high-value and low-value cert upgrades - which ones are mandatory and which ones are actually bad - would be very useful. Particularly for items that have no trial option, like scopes, ammo, and defense slots.
          In game handle: Steel Scion
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Steeler View Post
            Identifying high-value and low-value cert upgrades - which ones are mandatory and which ones are actually bad - would be very useful. Particularly for items that have no trial option, like scopes, ammo, and defense slots.
            By Class would be helpful. e.g. Squad Leader...what should my certs look like? Galaxy Driver. Infiltrator. Medic. Engineer. etc...

Comment

The problem with identifying good/bad certs at this point, besides a few obvious ones, is that it will largely be based on opinion.

Do we base it on how certain unlocks increase XP gain, or how much it helps the team? (I'm sure we'd all like to think the latter but lets be honest here)

Then there are things like weapon attachments that IMO are difficult to determine whether they help much either way.

On topic: Do you think maybe the TR will let us use Camp Waterson for some live fire training? :D

Comment

Originally posted by Harlequin View Post
                The problem with identifying good/bad certs at this point, besides a few obvious ones, is that it will largely be based on opinion.

Do we base it on how certain unlocks increase XP gain, or how much it helps the team? (I'm sure we'd all like to think the latter but lets be honest here)

Then there are things like weapon attachments that IMO are difficult to determine whether they help much either way.

On topic: Do you think maybe the TR will let us use Camp Waterson for some live fire training? :D
                Harlequin brings up a good point, certs are how you define your character and should be up to the player how they want to spend them. Might be better for a more Q and A style. Not to say we can't do anything on the cert tree, it can be confusing and needs to be explained some. Remember this class will cover brand new players to those who have been playing for a few weeks.

Comment

I would be interested in this! I've been trying to get into PS2 but often feel overwhelmed. I've tagged along with TG a few times. I stick with the group and attempt to kill enemies but honestly dont really have a great understanding of the game.

Comment

Were you guys thinking of doing this discussion top-down, starting with the continent system and working down to the squad level or bottom-up, starting with small-scale ops and working up to the big picture?

Starting with the big picture keeps everything in perspective, but on the other hand starting from the bottom works off of the basic FPS mechanics that we all know.

Just thinking out loud here.
                    Teamwork and Tactics are OP

Strait /strāt/ (Noun) A narrow passage of water connecting two seas or two large areas of water: "the Northumberland Strait".

Comment

Well I have a request. Can we include going over how to properly setup a squad? Nearly every time I do it I end up with a squad smurfs can join but outfit can't. Not sure if it's a bug or I'm just stupid.

Comment

Well I have a request. Can we include going over how to properly setup a squad? Nearly every time I do it I end up with a squad smurfs can join but outfit can't. Not sure if it's a bug or I'm just stupid.
                        Yeap!

Comment

an entire menu overview, tab by tab, button by button :) maybe what the role of each vehicale and what there best against? (i.e. liberator = high altitude bombing of high priority targets)
                          Good base tatics (defense/offense)
                          |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

Bug. It's changing much. Setting up squads should be in a TGU course though imo, bc everyone will be SL at some point.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X