Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

High Velocity Ammo and Soft Point, anyone?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High Velocity Ammo and Soft Point, anyone?

So fellow gunfighters who's using and if you are what are your thoughts?

Re: High Velocity Ammo and Soft Point, anyone?

Haven't tried it yet, but it is next to cert on my current gun.

Comment

Yeah I am looking at High Velocity specifically for my Heavy Assault Warden Battle Rifle. Maybe for my EM6 LMG too. Really interested too hear from anyone currently using either High or Soft.

Comment

From what I've heard Soft Point Ammo is very specifically tied to great close quarters pwnage and drops off far quicker than default ammunition. For LMGs I really can't say which would be best since I haven't touched it. I will say High Velocity Ammo is perhaps the best as it appears to have no downsides at closer ranges (or maybe it has higher recoil so foregrip+compensator) and definitely makes longer ranged shooting bearable.

Comment

Thanks exactly what I'm weighing up at the moment. I've seen a fair bit of negative press on the PS2 forums re the NC LMG's but per my personal experience once you slap a foregrip on them and maybe a comp they are excellent. Even the default saw (which I ran fg & comp on in beta) performed fantastically in most conditions if you used it intelligently.

Its all about the burst, EM6 with an FG on short bursts is a monster and my current fav. You can almost snipe with it on single shot by tapping. In close range again you just need to burst and switch targets. You can take down max pretty quickly and I've finished off plenty of scythes.

I am thinking of trying high velocity on the lmg's but perhaps the Warden Battle Rifle will see the most obvious and direct benefit in view of its obvious applications.

Comment

I can't go further out of my way to suggest a compensator. It reduce hip fire accuracy but the recoil loss is so worth it.

Comment

For LMGs, I stick to the acog, foregrip and softpoint (engineer). I have no problem take out any target, and the distances are always short (long range, that's what the turret is for). Additionally, I NEVER hip fire. I will always drop a knee and use the scope for 100% head shots.

Comment

Good to know the comp hasn't been nerfed.

Yeah I don't hip fire either Mach, unless someone jumps out on me, and even then I catch myself shouldering my weapon. As I say I tend to run heavy assault at the moment and just looking to push the boundaries of that platform in each direction to see where the limits of effectiveness are.

Loving the EM6 but like most of the LMG's you need to spend 230 certs on the gun to truly realise the potential of that weapons platform. 30 for the red dot optic, 100 on the foregrip and another 100 on the comp. Personal preference is to add the comp last as the fore grip does plenty to bring the gun under control. Sticking to 3-8 round bursts turns the gun into a short-medium and even long range wrecking ball.

The Warden BR is a fantastic mid to longish range designated marksman weapon and I run multiple optics on it from 1x up to 6x. Hoping the high velocity ammo for that will increase my medium long range effectiveness by reducing round travel time and subsequently reducing 'time to kill'.

Curious to see how that equation will affect the LMG's.
                Last edited by Wicks; 12-06-2012, 01:53 PM.

Comment

I used the High velocity ammo, forward grip and reflex sight playing as medic in the beta and found it to be quite effective, you really do need the forward grip to control the kick, I never tried the compensator with it, but even without the compensator I really enjoyed many a killing spree with that setup, even took out some already damaged aircraft and vehicles with that Ammo. ;)

I never felt the need for the compensator as I could manage with just the grip, still worth getting the compensator unless those 100 certs can buy something better. ;)

Comment

For Heavy Assault I'm currently using the EM6 (Reflex Sight 2x, Compensator, Forward Grip) as my main assault loadout, but I'm having fun with the NC6 Gauss SAW (Compensator, Forward Grip, need a scope) as a medium/long range weapon. For the NC6 I'm thinking of trying out the High-Velocity Ammunition and seeing how it goes.
                    Home/Gaming PC: [email protected]/Asus Rog Maximus VIII Formula/EVGA GTX 1080 SC/Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB)/Corsair Carbide Quiet 600Q/Corsair RM750i/Acer XB270H 27"/BenQ G2400W 24"/Sound BVlaster ZX/Samsung 850 Pro SSDs x2/Samsung 950 Pro x1/Win10 Pro 64bit/Saitek X52/TrackIR3: Pro-TrackClip Pro/

Comment

I might pick up HV rounds on my Engi rifle. It has a for grip already, and I often find myself pinging rounds at targets far down range. It doesn't seem to hurt. I should look at a compensator as well. I have a 2x Holo scope and love it, but would not mind a bit more magnification, but during beta it was by far my favourite. Most of my certs have went to my vehicles, so I guess I need to switch to Infantry for a little while.

Comment

I'm not sure what happened but as soon as I put in my HV rounds I started 'feeling' huge kickback. Well faster and a different trajectory.

I find now I have to pace my shots a whole lot more.

Comment

I don't know how big exactly the advantages and drawbacks are. Afaik you do not lose damage with high velocity, but gain speed. I did use it in the beta on most of my weapons.

Knowing your playstyle Wicks, and seeing as even I can go on surprising streaks with single shot... I think you'd probably fit best with exactly that battle rifle and high velocity ammo. What you normally love to use is a high damage accurate weapon, that is semi auto at least so you can double tap ppl. I thought of you when I first got shot with the battle rifle in fact, thinking how you would be hell to play against with that :p.

Comment

Al, reading my mind old friend, reading my mind.:row__536:

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X