Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

To ALL SQUAD LEADERS - Disband your squads/platoons!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [INFO] To ALL SQUAD LEADERS - Disband your squads/platoons!

Please, please people.

If you are squad or platoon leading and have to leave, either promote another TG member to your leadership position or kick everyone in the squad to disband the squad.

We had an unfortunate incident tonight where a platoon leader left without observing the proper procedures. The pubbie who became the de facto leader of the platoon (after we eventually managed to open communication with him) stated that he was 'commandeering the platoon' because he 'didn't like players who pretended to be tacticool'. He made it clear he had no intent to lead said platoon, only to deny its use to us.

We now have a platoon bearing the TacticalGamer.com name on Mattherson, displaying the worst type of unfocused, anarchic play - counter to everything that TG stands for.

This is not an isolated incident. Tonight we had the bad luck to have leadership fall to a disruptive player. There have been many, many more nights where this could have happened and did not due to pure happenstance.

Please be zealous in your procedures when leaving the game. Double-check to make sure you are not in a leadership position. If no TG members will take over for you, kick them all!
    Teamwork and Tactics are OP

Strait /strāt/ (Noun) A narrow passage of water connecting two seas or two large areas of water: "the Northumberland Strait".

Re: To ALL SQUAD LEADERS - Disband your squads/platoons!

Agreed.

Unless Jeepo or John overrule me on this, keeping TG in command of a named TG squad/platoon is not optional. It's required.

Of course, real life sometimes intrudes on our gaming lives. If this happens, transfer SL/PL to a known TG member.

Not to mention, taking over an already formed squad/platoon is a great way to get some command experience. I highly recommend giving it a try.

sigpic

Comment

I accidentally formed a squad yesterday by hitting INSERT when there were no squads at all.
      I named it tacticalgamer.com but shortly after realized nobody was listening so I changed the name to nontalkingrandomplayers and left to lone wolf until some TG showed up.
      If you click recruitment again you can change the name of the squad if there are no TG to take command.
      I think that is a better option than disbanding because it doesn't leave the non-outfit players swinging in the wind.

BTW: what was that player's name so we know to avoid him in the future ?
      You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to,
      So that when they turn their backs on you,
      You'll get the chance to put the knife in.Pink Floyd "Dogs"

Comment

It makes a lot of common sense... just remember there will be occasions where people get unexpectedly disconnected from the server. You can try communicating with the new SL/PL but if that doesn't work you just need to re-form a new squad/platoon and move on.
        |TG-88th| DaddyOfThree

Comment

If one TG member is willing to stay with the squad they can 'wait it out' until squad lead falls to them again, at which point they can rename or destroy the squad. Eventually we resolved tonight's scenario this way.

I'm not sure if a 'blacklist' of players is allowed or warranted yet, if it is in the future I'll post his handle.
          Teamwork and Tactics are OP

Strait /strāt/ (Noun) A narrow passage of water connecting two seas or two large areas of water: "the Northumberland Strait".

Comment

If you are the squad leader and the squad is dead, click on disable recruitment and rename it, then enable recruitment and leave ;)

Comment

I am so very sorry as there is a high probability it was myself! With a somewhat thick case of common cold I wasn't feeling top form - if ever in that situation again I shall make sure I either rename or promote a TGer.
              Golden

Comment

You've got three options;

1. Kick everyone out and disband the squad.
                2. Hand it over to a willing TG member.
                3. Change the name.

Comment

You forgot 4. Crash and have it pass automatically to a troll.

Comment

I'm sorry this is a serious situation I know. But "tacticool" :row__530: I have to admit had me rolling on the floor!

Maybe we should have a weekly Sundy cruise night where everyone pimps out a their Sundy and we just cruise around the map listening to Van Halen with the windows down.
                    This way we would get a rep for being "tacticool"

My 2 cents
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Toddshooter View Post
                      I'm sorry this is a serious situation I know. But "tacticool" :row__530: I have to admit had me rolling on the floor!

Maybe we should have a weekly Sundy cruise night where everyone pimps out a their Sundy and we just cruise around the map listening to Van Halen with the windows down.
                      This way we would get a rep for being "tacticool"

My 2 cents

It would be impressive if we had a 20 -30 veh convoy rolling through the map with this on prx.
                      You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to,
                      So that when they turn their backs on you,
                      You'll get the chance to put the knife in.Pink Floyd "Dogs"

Comment

Stuck.

Comment

To ALL SQUAD LEADERS - Disband your squads/platoons!

Originally posted by Jeepo View Post
                          Stuck.
                          In the middle with youuuuuu

Comment

Oh goodness....such a good song
                            it would be epic for sure :)
                            |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

Originally posted by CallousDisregard View Post

It would be impressive if we had a 20 -30 veh convoy rolling through the map with this on prx.
                              Then we could play this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWO_AIh8drk

"Certainly, being bombarded with 105 millimeter shells is bad. But the knowledge that you've armed your enemy thus, with your sloth and your ineptitude, unfolds in the heart like a poison." Tycho from Penny Arcade in reference to the nuke in MW2

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X