• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Max Drop

from the Max Drop we did on 12/8/12 http://tinypic.com/r/34gngux/6

Re: Max Drop

Can I guess how it went?

Everyone was more than 10m in front of you, leaving you completely harmless and just one giant target? Its ridiculous how much more powerful the other factions AI max setups are than ours.

Comment

Nope two stellar drops and sadly minimal resistance. I love our MAXes... they are the epitome of CQC King. Add in slug rounds for some medium range extension.

Comment

Compared to the other factions they really are ****. If I'm in a max and I see a single infantry more than 15 meters away, there is a really good chance he's going to win in a 1on1. I haven't tried slug rounds, but I've heard they're pretty crappy, so my hopes aren't high.
        TR and VS can just slap a second AI weapon on and be the bane of infantry at medium and even long range. We literally need to surprise people coming around a corner.

Comment

Originally posted by Feriluce View Post
          Can I guess how it went?

Everyone was more than 10m in front of you, leaving you completely harmless and just one giant target? Its ridiculous how much more powerful the other factions AI max setups are than ours.
          While I'm playing with a much larger outfit, MAX crashes are the best way we've found to take BioLabs or Tech Plants. While everything you're saying is true for lone MAXs, when we drop two to three platoons worth of fatsuits on a place, the sheer volume of fire and ability to safely sprint up close to people (and the render issue at higher populations) means that you can actually close and then MURDER everyone. Once an NC MAX gets close, they're unconditionally the best unit. If you have enough sprinting shotgun MAXs coming for you, some WILL get close and will rip massive holes in line. TR/VS MAXs are useful on an open field, or by themselves. NC MAXs are the best in class for linebreakers, and I, for one, would like to keep them that way, in return for losing utility elsewhere.

The other thing is that NC MAXs require a lot of certs/SC to get up and running and murderously effective. The default is okay (and actually preferred if you're going in second-wave, since your team might have pushed enough in that your Falcon is actually able to hit the Sunderer in the tech plant) but faster sprint recharge, flak armor, and dual Hacksaws, possibly slugged, really make MAXs shine.

edit: Feriluce, try pressing F. I don't know if you know that it gives MAXs a pretty useful sprint. It'll either get you to cover, or get you in their face. And, it'll cross almost any open distance in a BioLab before it runs out. Any further, and IMO you shouldn't have pulled a MAX. :P
          I can ADS using more than a 2x without significant stutter! This was a good patch.

Comment

I also, while running dual guns, tend to not alpha strike. The DPS is so high with our guns that three rounds should be enough to kill and its better to auto reload one arm then force reload both. This way you cannot be caught completely off guard.

Comment

I have had a lot of experience with my MAX in CQC scenarios. It is most definitely the kind there. Yeah you have to keep the fighting within arms reach, but when you do get into effective range, it takes no longer than half a second for enemies to start dropping.

Slug Ammo is pretty good, but it doesn't increase your effective range much. While I've killed people at +50m with the Slug, it was out of shear luck. The damage the slug does is crazy, however. Two slugs and an enemy is dropped. Combine that with a normal shotgun on the other arm and you're doing pretty well.

It is worth for our MAXes to utilize Flak armour to try to minimize damage from HA Rockets and grenades as they are the bane of the MAX.

Also, a note about the MAX sprint. While sprinting your Melee is a 1 hit kill on normal infantry.
              Blackpython / ZephyrDark
              Former 31st RECCE Member

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...