Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Important Tactical Nuances of Classes (feel free to add your own)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Important Tactical Nuances of Classes (feel free to add your own)

Engineer: --MANA turret is the epitome of suppressive fire. While there is no suppression 'effect' the rate of fire and the ability to maintain decen accuracy at medium ranges makes the enemy forces either move (vulnerable) or stop to engage (dumb). The MANA turret is able to whittle down groups of enemies' shields and therefore make them an easy target for the rest of the squad. Every less bullet you need to lower the TTK helps right?

Heavy Assault: -- Probably not much of a nuance but the HA is the primary CQC point man. He is a damage soak and has the ability to spray for long periods of time with out a reload. I don't think this class gets enough love as many think hes an Anti-Tank class when he is just an Anti-Tank deterrent (a group of 4 is fully anti-tank).

Infiltrator: -- The confuser. The best class for solo operations. The Cloak doesn't make you invisible but it is a key thing to break LoS. Use the cloak as you break LoS from as to provide misdirection. You then can slow it down and do some maneuvering to gain the edge up on your pursuer. Furthermore the Infiltrator is key to base seiging as they hack those all important terminals and turrets which can be a huge surprise.

Medic: -- They enable an assault to keep its steam when confronted with overwhelming enemy fires. Generally speaking and ADVANCING army is able to heal while the DEFENDING army must often respawn. By extension you get camped at your spawn and are put out of effective fighting. The area heal is best used when in combat or expecting it. Upgrade this over the medic gun if given the option.

Light Assault: -- Another great confuser. The addition of a vertical means of maneuver really improves their 1v1 survival and surprise. The grenade attachment is crucial at projecting lethality.

Re: Important Tactical Nuances of Classes (feel free to add your own)

I love the utility a Engineer offers. I almost exclusively play Engy. I originally was going to use Engy to gain certs, so I could upgrade my Light Assault. Turns out, Engy is really fun and addicting class to play.

Comment

I actually think the Engineer is the best singular class right now and needs some serious nerfing; it farms certs too fast compared to others. Easiest way? You either have the turret or the ammo not both OR make ammo purchase item.

Comment

I like it, considering the Engy does not have any special 'F' ability like the other classes.

Comment

Originally posted by UnDeaD View Post
          I like it, considering the Engy does not have any special 'F' ability like the other classes.
          Why they didn't put ammo on F I have no idea. Fun fact: if you equip mines, you still have ammo. Pull out your MANA turret and press B. It'll switch to an ammo box.

Heavy Assault: -- Probably not much of a nuance but the HA is the primary CQC point man. He is a damage soak and has the ability to spray for long periods of time with out a reload. I don't think this class gets enough love as many think hes an Anti-Tank class when he is just an Anti-Tank deterrent (a group of 4 is fully anti-tank).
          As NC, unless you get a new gun, stay way the hell away from CQC. For some reason, the SAW has very similar handling characteristics to the Reaper DMR and AC-X11, as well as similar damage, RoF, and accuracy. Its a long-range weapon, definitely. As TR, with your stupidly powerful CARV, go hog wild! As far as I can tell, TR is like 80% HA, with NC preferring to use LAs for the GD-7F.
          I can ADS using more than a 2x without significant stutter! This was a good patch.

Comment

You have a really good point about Faction Class Differences...

Comment

I remember during the beta there was a short period of time when the SAW felt right. It was right when they buffed it from being the eterrible piece of junk it was for so long, and right before they added the M60 sound. It retains all the characteristics it had then, but they have nerfed the fire rate. I think SLIGHTLY buffing the fire rate would work, but it would be better to just nerf the CARV a little bit, because I think the VS HA is balanced. The SAW isnt meant for close quarters, that's what the GD-22S is for.

I have my default SAW equipped with foregrip, compensator, and high velocity ammo, and use it for medium range. Once the fight moves indoors, I switch out to my GD22S. I may try out the other LMG's when I get some station cash, but for now this loadout works for me.
              May you be covered in the dust of your Rabbi.

Comment

I don't feel that the engi is overbalanced. In direct combat power, it is weaker than any class but the infiltrator, and weaker than the infiltrator at long range. As a result, the engi is probably the worst class to solo unless you are driving a vehicle. The engi thrives on his tools, but these are often very situational. Mines require advanced knowledge of enemy routes and enough time unmolested to place them in the open areas that tanks favor. The turret is powerful in theory, but becomes useless as a combat platform as soon as an enemy armor, air, HA or Infiltrator shows up.

The biggest benefit of the NC Engi is the stock Mercenary Carbine, which is a pretty decent weapon. It has a shorter TTK than most carbines if all rounds hit, and the high damage-per-shot gives it a slight edge in longer-range engagements. If anything, I feel it falls short at medium range, where the distance is too short for single-shots but long enough that the recoil will cause it to miss more than its TR and VS counterparts.
                Teamwork and Tactics are OP

Strait /strāt/ (Noun) A narrow passage of water connecting two seas or two large areas of water: "the Northumberland Strait".

Comment

Originally posted by Strait Raider View Post
                  I don't feel that the engi is overbalanced. In direct combat power, it is weaker than any class but the infiltrator, and weaker than the infiltrator at long range. As a result, the engi is probably the worst class to solo unless you are driving a vehicle. The engi thrives on his tools, but these are often very situational. Mines require advanced knowledge of enemy routes and enough time unmolested to place them in the open areas that tanks favor. The turret is powerful in theory, but becomes useless as a combat platform as soon as an enemy armor, air, HA or Infiltrator shows up.

The biggest benefit of the NC Engi is the stock Mercenary Carbine, which is a pretty decent weapon. It has a shorter TTK than most carbines if all rounds hit, and the high damage-per-shot gives it a slight edge in longer-range engagements. If anything, I feel it falls short at medium range, where the distance is too short for single-shots but long enough that the recoil will cause it to miss more than its TR and VS counterparts.
                  I haven't had a problem with the default merc gun, 4x acog + foregrip and I'll take 3-4 enemies out in CQB and be able to retreat/reload and not under surprise conditions. Play smart, take a knee and you can get every bullet to hit.

Comment

Anyone else take a knee in CQC to have the guy shoot completely over your head? Its such a moment of "awesome" when that TR Heavy shields up, sights in, and sprays where your head was.... for you to return the favor to his face.

I want to suggest the following nuance of the dedicated AI Max--- Simultaneous fires isn't an effective option as long as you must reload both guns simultaneously (bad). To keep a constant stream of fires I alternate arms until one is emptied and auto-reloading. Obviously a full alpha strike might have its uses... I find that the TTK isn't increased enough in most of the situations. Even against enemy Maxes.

Comment

I'm one of those crouchers myself, works like a charm.

Comment

I love the ability to supply ammo and repair stuff, along with the nasty BFG that you can deploy (see 1st post above).

Running up to one of those bigs dudes -- the heavy mech -- and seeing them stop and wait while you repair the suit. Very cool interactions created by acts of helpfulness.

If you have a vehicle, ENGINEER is a spicy meat ball.
                        sigpic

Comment

I'm working on engineer as well, love everything It can do and im almost always with armor :)
                          |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

Also, AT mine rushes are THE way to take out a Sunderer.
                            I can ADS using more than a 2x without significant stutter! This was a good patch.

Comment

Engineers - 2 ammo packs available to deploy (stock ammo, then select the turret, and push B for a 2nd pack). The downside of the turret is you're easy sniper bait and you're pretty exposed if you go full left/right deflection. I've also used the turret as a way to block a doorway to funnel enemy troops in, or use it as a barricade to shoot from behind when guarding stairs/hallways.

These Things We Do... That Other's May Live

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X