Unexplained Sunderer Destruction

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unexplained Sunderer Destruction

I had parked my flaming Sunderer in the secure bay at Tawrich and proceeded to repair. The vehicle health gauge went up to half, then down sharply until the vehicle exploded. I could find no indication of enemy (enemy fire from the outside penetrating the bay's force field?).

Has this happened to anyone?

I am uploading a video of the incident now.
    sigpic

Re: Unexplained Sunderer Destruction

It is a perhaps unreported bug imo. I think it is because it doesn't occur very much that it hasn't been fixed.

Another element is that with how the rendering & damage works now, it is reasonable to suppose that something is hitting your vehicle that you cannot see.

However I do think it is a bug. I've had it since I joined beta. I've had it with all vehicles. I've had it when we had multiple engis repairing.

Please upload the video, but be sure to post it to the devs in some way. THey've repeatedly asked for this kind of thing to help them.

As to the mechanics of it, whilst repairing and taking damage, something occurs that makes the vehicle lose constant health rapidly. I think it only occurs in fact when repair and damage happen at the same time, because I've never had it happen in a really safe repair situation afaik.

Comment

Here is the video.

Note that another friendly was also repairing along with me, and we appear to be secure in the bay.

Skipped forward to 5:30.

Spectacular Sunderer explosion at 1:30.

Best viewed in 1080p
      sigpic

Comment

This happened to my vanguard at Tawrich last night. Thought it might have something to do with me popping in and out of the vehicle shield to take shots and get hit so much, but I honestly am not sure.
        May you be covered in the dust of your Rabbi.

Comment

I had this happen to me too, but I was outside. I just assumed I was being hit by a Lib and it wasn't rendering. Seems like it could be a real issue now.
          Viking

Comment

I havent had that happen, but I couldnt get back in my own vanguard last night :p
            |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

Happened to me as well few days ago with my Sundy. Odd bug, that is for sure.

Comment

See if you can confirm my hypothesis that it happens when:

repairing AND taking damage at the same time.

Comment

I think you're taking incoming fire. Looks like white/blue bolts to me so it's probably friendly. If you slow the video way down or go frame by frame starting at around 5:26, you can see it hitting and also see your sundys' health gauge drop while you're repairing. At least that's what I see.

Comment

Originally posted by P.Drona View Post
                    I think you're taking incoming fire.
                    Aside from enemy inside the bay, I thought that enemy could not fire through the bay's shielding.
                    sigpic

Comment

I bet the Sundy wasn't taking fire. I really think it is a bug.

Comment

Even if it were taking friendly fire, which is unlikely, the only stuff that can damage a sundy would be causing pretty obvious explosions on contact with it. Normal bullets cant damage it (with a couple vehicle-mounted exceptions)
                        May you be covered in the dust of your Rabbi.

Comment

Watch the video frame by frame then decide. It's pretty clearly taking fire. There is a battle going on at the base, just outside the shields.

Comment

I do know if the client doesn't render the shields you can shoot in them.
                            No person can simply just be; they are what they do.

Comment

Originally posted by Ytman View Post
                              I do know if the client doesn't render the shields you can shoot in them.
                              That would explain a lot. Including how I have on several occasions been shot inside of spawn rooms by enemy small arms.
                              Teamwork and Tactics are OP

Strait /strāt/ (Noun) A narrow passage of water connecting two seas or two large areas of water: "the Northumberland Strait".

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X