Voip Improvment

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Voip Improvment

VOIP seems to have improved during the latest patch, at least for me. Let me know you experience good or bad.

Re: Voip Improvment

Yep, definitely better stability for me, and they added new features like ducking, playback and record sourcing, UI fader on the HUD, etc... overall I think a good upgrade to the in-game VOIP/
    Home/Gaming PC: [email protected]/Asus Rog Maximus VIII Formula/EVGA GTX 1080 SC/Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB)/Corsair Carbide Quiet 600Q/Corsair RM750i/Acer XB270H 27"/BenQ G2400W 24"/Sound BVlaster ZX/Samsung 850 Pro SSDs x2/Samsung 950 Pro x1/Win10 Pro 64bit/Saitek X52/TrackIR3: Pro-TrackClip Pro/

Comment

I don't notice any difference, only tested off prime time. They did say that they fixed the bug with your button not releasing after talking. Maybe that helped other things too.

Their changelists are always far far from complete though. It seems there are more things they don't tell us about than things they do tell us. Koffiedik kijken dus.

Comment

Is it finally good enough that people no longer have an excuse not to let pubbies play with us?
        May you be covered in the dust of your Rabbi.

Comment

Originally posted by SoloDaNINJA View Post
          Is it finally good enough that people no longer have an excuse not to let pubbies play with us?
          You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to SoloDaNINJA again.

:/

Comment

After having a go tonight I would say yes, absolutely.

That being said, it is the squad leader's prerogative. If he doesn't feel comfortable leading pubbies or wants to play exclusively TG, that's his choice.
            Teamwork and Tactics are OP

Strait /strāt/ (Noun) A narrow passage of water connecting two seas or two large areas of water: "the Northumberland Strait".

Comment

Sounds like the game is getting into shape for us to start working more than one platoon.

Currently the way I would like to see that organised (slightly differing from SOPs) is:

-Platoon uses only voip.
              -Platoon leaders by themselves in one channel coordinate.
              -Possibly this channel could also include some/all SL's
              -TS is not needed for anyone not PL, so they aren't even required to turn it on.

i hope there will be a solution allowing you to create some kind of voip channel that you can put your platoon leaders in. Currently there is the leadership channel but that has too much chatter, and it is planetwide... Useless.

Comment

Pubbies are what makes us grow.

Everyone was once a pubbie.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BigGaayAl View Post
                  Sounds like the game is getting into shape for us to start working more than one platoon.

Currently the way I would like to see that organised (slightly differing from SOPs) is:

-Platoon uses only voip.
                  -Platoon leaders by themselves in one channel coordinate.
                  -Possibly this channel could also include some/all SL's
                  -TS is not needed for anyone not PL, so they aren't even required to turn it on.

i hope there will be a solution allowing you to create some kind of voip channel that you can put your platoon leaders in. Currently there is the leadership channel but that has too much chatter, and it is planetwide... Useless.
                  The only thing that has ever worked for me is an isolated channel for my squad and a disciplined CO in my ear.

Anything else is noise.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by E-Male View Post

Everyone was once a pubbie.
                    amen to that

Originally posted by E-Male View Post
                    The only thing that has ever worked for me is an isolated channel for my squad and a disciplined CO in my ear.

Anything else is noise.
                    I saw some peopel muted in TS when they play, I might start doing this
                    |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

Getting in a SL/CO channel is ok with me, but getting all members into ts2 channels that is just too cumbersome to me.

I just cannot play like that. A big reason why I left ARMA2 and why I never played BF3. No (working) integration between command structure and voip, at least not out of the box.

Unless I can mute TS2, or not have to hear to any chatter on it...I get overstressed rly and irritated really fast. I never know who's talking in what.

e.g. "Plz give ME an invite to squad ... xD"

Comment

What I think we can try is the following pure in-game VOIP set up.

CO/PL/SL--- Utilize Platoon Only; Other squad members mute Platoon channel and never use it.

I also think that people, squad members and squad leaders asking a platoon leader for info, need to cool it and wait a minute for a brief. I'll work to tighten up comms.

Comment

Originally posted by Ytman View Post
                          You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to SoloDaNINJA again.

:/
                          Just to clarify, my post was not a personal attack on anybody, I often chose to leave my squad only open to outfit due to comms. If a PL/SL chooses to leave his group closed to pubbies despite there being good comms, that is his choice until the outfit leaders make an official rule on pubbies, and I am not meaning to make it sound like they are bad leaders. I just hear an awful lot of leaders saying their reason for having closed squads is comms, which is fine, I was just clarifying if that is any longer a valid reasoning. If you have other reasons for leaving it closed, then those are valid until outfit officers pronounce them otherwise, but if comms are really the only reason 70% of leaders are leaving squads closed, then it stands to reason that 70% of our squads should be open now haha.

I apologize if my post offended anybody.
                          May you be covered in the dust of your Rabbi.

Comment

Originally posted by BigGaayAl View Post
                            Getting in a SL/CO channel is ok with me, but getting all members into ts2 channels that is just too cumbersome to me.

I just cannot play like that. A big reason why I left ARMA2 and why I never played BF3. No (working) integration between command structure and voip, at least not out of the box.

Unless I can mute TS2, or not have to hear to any chatter on it...I get overstressed rly and irritated really fast. I never know who's talking in what.

e.g. "Plz give ME an invite to squad ... xD"
                            You might be talking about vanilla A2, which had rather horrible voip, but I really enjoy acre. Adds a whole new dimension to the game.

Comment

ACRE is awesome.

Hopefully with the new patch PS2 will now recognise my mic and let me use ingame voip
                              AnimalMother
                              Ex TG-31st LR
                              "Is it the 31st policy to have hott women as their avatars? Because if so that's a pretty baddass policy." - Pvt. brokeback
                              sigpic

Arte et Marte

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...