Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Last nights Galaxy pilot. Post you settings please.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last nights Galaxy pilot. Post you settings please.

Hi

Could whoever was piloting our galaxy last night with a joystick post how they have it setup please? I think it was Arclab but my memory sucks. We got into some combat right when I was about to ask for some more info.

I really would like to fly but without a fix for the "all on or all off" button settings it is not an option.

I have searched the internets to no avail. I know you said you used a Salitek controler but I imagine I can setup my Thrustmaster in a similar manner.

Thanks Todd
    sigpic

Re: Last nights Galaxy pilot. Post you settings please.

It was Arclaw.

Not sure how he has his setup, but your options to my knowledge would be editing the sensitivity in the ini file or using joy2key or xpadder to emulate the mouse. I'm at work, otherwise I'd be able provide links and information.

Comment

That's great thanks for the info. I'm at work and it won't let me check out those sites. I'll have a peak when I get home.

Thanks again. Todd
      sigpic

Comment

I tried to put a post in a few minutes ago, but got an error message about "Links" and "Contents"

Short and simple:

I have not adjusted any ".ini" files. I downloaded my drivers for the stick from the manufacter website, instead of letting windows do its thing with a random driver.
        I adjusted my "Joystick Sensitivity" and "Joystick Deadzone" options in the Settings and maped my Keys in the Keybindings/Aircraft for everything other than movement.

Only other thing I can think of is that I have Cert Points in my "Performance/Precision Drop Airframe" with has tighter turns and rolls.
        I didnt start playing PS2 Until Dec 2nd or 3rd, so I have not noticed a difference. But I can tell you the Aircraft reacts depending on how far I move the stick side to side, up and down, and the Saitek stick has a twist feature to the stick for Yaw left and right.
        Another thing the Saitek has that I love it an Analog Throttle control.
        I do not feel the "On/Off" when I fly with any of the controls, can someone clarify as to which controls?

Comment

When I first tried my joystick any control imput on the stick or button I gave it was either 100% or 0%. I also have an analog throttle but it didn't work as it should.

I'll try your settings and tecknic tonight and report back.

Thanks Todd
          sigpic

Comment

The throttle you have to Bind in the Keybindings under "Keybindings/Aircraft/Throttle Control(Analog)" See if that works. Also make sure that you adjust you "Joystick Deadzone" for it as well. I have an issue with mine that if I turn my throttle all the way off, it will hover above ground about 2meters instead of landing. By moving my throttle back up slightly it will land.

Comment

I've attempted to use "Mouse Emulation" with my Saitek X52, it works, but it still feels kind of rigid due to it not being true axis control.
              Blackpython / ZephyrDark
              Former 31st RECCE Member

Comment

after Christmas (for all you old joystick users) ill try my microsoft sidewinder pro
                love that thing :) im eager to fly a gal with a joystick, than itll really feel like a jumbo jet XD
                |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

The amount off attention a Gal gets is insane. You I feel like a nerdy kid in high school with a "Kick me" sign on your back. Even friendlies can't seem to not want to shoot and/or run into you....

Comment

I think that comes from the fact that all three factions flying transports look the same, and the IFF doesn't show until your well within the drawn distance.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by di1lweed1212 View Post
                      after Christmas (for all you old joystick users) ill try my microsoft sidewinder pro
                      love that thing :) im eager to fly a gal with a joystick, than itll really feel like a jumbo jet XD
                      I'm running my MS Sidewinder Pro and it works like a champ. Generic drivers since MS doesn't support it any more. Will post a screenshot of how I had to map it next time I'm in game.

Snarlin

Comment

Originally posted by Xen View Post
                        I think that comes from the fact that all three factions flying transports look the same, and the IFF doesn't show until your well within the drawn distance.
                        That's a terribly annoying issue. I see no reason why they shouldn't have the IFF pip appear at render distance for vehicles. Particularly at max range the color washes out on vehicles too.

Reminds me of one night in PR 0.957 when my squad was harassing an enemy position from max range. With our DMR I was doing decent work until I made my best shot of the night, a 700m headshot... on a friendly who had advanced into our beaten zone. :P
                        Teamwork and Tactics are OP

Strait /strāt/ (Noun) A narrow passage of water connecting two seas or two large areas of water: "the Northumberland Strait".

Comment

Originally posted by Snarlin View Post
                          I'm running my MS Sidewinder Pro and it works like a champ. Generic drivers since MS doesn't support it any more. Will post a screenshot of how I had to map it next time I'm in game.

Snarlin
                          thanks! :) it was funny cause back in the bf3 beta it was the only joystick i knew of that worked in early beta XD
                          |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

MS Sidewinder Joystick Setup. Mapping for my Sidewinder stick. Only mapping not shown is Gamepad 0 Button 1 (the thumb) for Afterburners.

MS Sidewinder Setup.jpg

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X