Rise of Exploits and Hacks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rise of Exploits and Hacks

As with any game that is gaining in popularity, malicious people will find a way to ruin something good. Over the past couple days I have seen a dramatic rise in exploiting flaws and a whole bunch of hackers. The speed hackers were all over the place yesterday. They are easily spotted though a blinking dot on the map moving insanely fast. Then they are floating around juts killing people. I did find a solution, setting out mines with a engineer puts a abrupt end to the speed hack, kinda rewarding watching them blow up as they are whizzing around. The next one is the aim bot or some kill hack. I had one guy keep killing my tanks with one rifle shot. Kinda blows having a tank platoon moving forward and a guy with a rifle whacks everyone in a second or two. A bizarre one I experienced on Esamir was a where they were spawning in a wall. Long story short, they would spawn in the wall, shoot from inside of it and kill everyone around the building. This created this crazy siege scenario where tons of people and vehicles shooting into a wall as bullets are flying out of it. The bad part was we could not clear the station and move on since there was enemy there.

The one saving grace is that plenty of people are videoing the incidents and reporting them. But this has not seem to temper the fact of the servers are simply passing some message they are looking for hackers and not enforcing what they are saying.
    "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Re: Rise of Exploits and Hacks

Don't forget the /report command!

I've used that a few times with the speed hackers. I've not come across any of the one-shot rifle tank kills yet, or at least not that I've actually noticed; but now I'll pay a little more attention to that one!
    Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

Hmm.

This explains numerous instances in the past few days where my Sunderer went from full health to destroyed in a second, and not from a mine or C4. Seems that EVERY session I play involves at least one or two inexplicable Sunderer destructions. Knowing how hackers operate will help identify these unusual events as hacker-related.

Now I keep a close eye on the vehicles around me. If they suddenly start blowing up in quick succession I high tail it out of the area.

It will be very sad to see this game ruined by hackers.

I doubt that a system that relies on personal reports and videos will suffice. Funding for the human resources will dry up. Hackers will flourish.

Hopefully I will be proven wrong.

E
      sigpic

Comment

Its strange that people will actually buy hacks these days to play these online shooters. All SOE has to do though is ban accounts permanently. Will see how it goes. I agree with E-Male here in that player reporting probably isn't enough. But I would still recommend all TG members report all exploits and hacks immediately.

Comment

Originally posted by QuantumQrack View Post
          But I would still recommend all TG members report all exploits and hacks immediately.
          Indeed, report suspicious behaviour!

And Americans, take off your shoes when travelling by air!
          sigpic

Comment

Thankfully SOE has been very good about their "no mercy permanent ban" policy and have been hard at work and banned hundreds of accounts. Of course hacks are going to get through, especially at this early stage, but SOE has been clear they will make hacking a top priority, so let's just hope they stay true to that.
            May you be covered in the dust of your Rabbi.

Comment

Originally posted by E-Male View Post
              And Americans, take off your shoes when travelling by air!
              Lol. You'll wish you hadn't said that when the smell hits you.

"You have to go out, you don't have to come back."

Dredgeisms: "NO! GoNooowwwBARRELROLL!" - "There WILL be NO desync!"

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X