Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is considered a nessassary upgrade?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is considered a nessassary upgrade?

So i took part of the 3x SC and got 7500 SC. Still somewhat new to the game and was wondering what is considered essential upgrades/buys. What I had in mind so far is:

LA new rifle
    MAX 2nd anti air gun
    HA heat seeking missle

What other ideas do you guys have/what have you found helpful in your own purchases. Thanks for the help.

-ReconSpcOps
    ReconSpecialOperations (ReconSpecOps)
    Active Duty Military, Weapons and Tactics Instructor. Colorado, USA

Re: What is considered a nessassary upgrade?

A horn and sweet antennae for my Flash.

What class do you play the most? For me, the best thing I've unlocked with SC was my Piston Shotgun. I can equip it for Engi, HA, and Medic and it is a BEAST in CQB. With the slugs, it can even do decently at medium ranges.

"You have to go out, you don't have to come back."

Dredgeisms: "NO! GoNooowwwBARRELROLL!" - "There WILL be NO desync!"

Comment

As of now, off the top of my head,

ALL-- FLAK ARMOR
      Medic -- Revive Grenade, Ability Heal, Medi Gun
      Engineer -- Engineer Tool, Anti-Tank Mines
      Light Assault -- Hover Ability, Noob Tube
      Infiltrator -- Cloak, Emp grenade, Scout Rifle (Shadow)

Vehicles
      Reaver -- Flares
      Vanguard -- Shield
      Liberator -- Dalton/Zephyr, Flares
      Sunderer -- AMS

Comment

Honestly I would say a new gun for the lightning. All the default infantry weapons are pretty good. Yea I prefer others to some of them, but I wouldnt consider them necessary upgrades.
        May you be covered in the dust of your Rabbi.

Comment

The only really necessary buys for weapons are for the Reaver and Lightning.

Comment

Originally posted by WhiteFyre View Post
            The only really necessary buys for weapons are for the Reaver and Lightning.
            And liberator.

Comment

Originally posted by Ytman View Post
              As of now, off the top of my head,
              I think he was looking for a list of things that are available via SC, not Certs. ;)

Originally posted by SoloDaNINJA View Post
              Honestly I would say a new gun for the lightning.
              Definitely. Upgrade to anything 100mm, your pick. But that 75mm, miss 5-out-of-6 shots bb gun the Lightning comes with is horribad. I don't regret one instant getting my 100mm HE.

Second burster is also a good bet, especially if you plan on doing AA. I think it is the strongest AA in the game right now. Certainly better than the Skyguard and way better than the static emplacements.

If you can't snipe but want to go INF every now and again, a scout rifle. I went for the automatic one because I'm ****e at hitting things past medium range and close up I'd rather have the RoF.

Also, armor and vehicle camo. It helps, it really does. You could probably get by with a Forest and Tundra but a Desert can't hurt either. Stay away from the 50cert single-use since that can only be used on one loadout, ever.
              "...the rules aren't there to enumerate what is always correct but what is always wrong..."

Comment

Heavy Assault; Anti-air launcher, foregrip for MG and red dot, Nanite Forcefield
                Lightning: HEAT rounds, Skyguard
                Reaver: Rockets, AAA missiles, Minigun.
                MAX: Second burster, Hacksaw.

"Certainly, being bombarded with 105 millimeter shells is bad. But the knowledge that you've armed your enemy thus, with your sloth and your ineptitude, unfolds in the heart like a poison." Tycho from Penny Arcade in reference to the nuke in MW2

Comment

I'm looking at battle rifles are there any that are better than others?
                  sigpic

Comment

Above the aforementioned upgrades, I am partial to the zoom functions on all the vehicle weapons. Beyond that it is all personal preference. For infantry some people like different setups based on on how they play their role.

My only issue is that once a cert is spent, you can't "undo" it when you do find a better option in that category. I still believe they should make most SC or allow for reallocation of certs.
                    "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

It depends mainly on what class you want it for.

The Warden Battle Rifle can be equipped by the Heavy Assault and Engineer. Personally if you intended to use it on the HA I'd stick with the default NC6 machine gun which although it takes one more shot to kill, is actually a more accurate long-range weapon with a faster projectile and lower recoil than the Warden, though it can't mount a compensator.

On the engi it's a matter of preference. I highly recommend playing with the 30 minute trial of the Warden before you buy, as I was somewhat underwhelmed by its performance.

While the Medic does not have a battle rifle persay, it does have access to the Reaper DMR assault rifle which is customized for long-range combat and I believe may be semi-auto. Try before you buy, I have no experience with this weapon.

As for a replacement weapon for the LA, I would give thought to the GD-7F. It has one of the shortest TTKs of any weapon in the game and as a bonus you can use it on your engineer too for when you are expecting CQB.
                      Teamwork and Tactics are OP

Strait /strāt/ (Noun) A narrow passage of water connecting two seas or two large areas of water: "the Northumberland Strait".

Comment

The piston shotgun is also great, especially with extended magazine. Only problem is that the total ammo count is tiny. With extended mag I start out with 10/26 ammo. Not even 3 full mags. I use it on my LA along with a silenced GD-7F with laser sight.

Comment

Great thread! I had to keep asking people, "What do you guys use for .... ?"

Note that carbines are for both LA and Engy. So if you unlock one, it can be used for both. I went with the aforementioned GD-7F and like it. I need a suppressor for use with LA (hop up in a tree in a bio lab and pop headshots).

For INF, I went with the automatic one. I like the stealth and hacking abilities, and having an automatic weapon really helps. It only has a 20 rd mag. I don't know the name, but it says that it's auto and it's at the bottom of the list.

EM6 for HA. And for rocket launcher, I got the one that will lock onto both ground and air assets. I figure there's probably a downside to it versus the dedicated anti armour and anti air lock on weapons. Does anybody know?

I still need a Medic gun. And some suggestions for MAX. What is the Hacksaw like?

I bought the grenade launcher for the Flash.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperDudeBT View Post
                            I figure there's probably a downside to it versus the dedicated anti armour and anti air lock on weapons. Does anybody know?
                            It does less damage than the dedicated launchers.

What is the Hacksaw like?
                            Brutal.
                            It's a must have if you want an AI max. Get the extended magazine too, it really makes a difference.
                            sigpic

Comment

Ah, I should have known! Lol.

For the hacksaw, is it kind of like a chaingun? I think it'll be my next purchase.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X