In-game slang terms (list)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [INFO] In-game slang terms (list)

I came across this list and thought others might like to see it, add to it, and use some of the terms. Some you'll already know, some you won't. My personal favorites are Barney, Elmo, and Smurf for a VS, TR, and NC soldier, respectively. I suggest that we begin using this immediately. lol. Check it out. If you use a word that's not on the list, feel free to post it here and you can probably add it to the wiki... since it's a wiki.

http://wiki.planetside-universe.com/...nyms_and_Slang

Re: In-game slang terms (list)

They forgot a couple...

Noob: Anyone that I kill
    Hacker: Anyone that kills me
    May you be covered in the dust of your Rabbi.

Comment

Hah. And Sundy/ Sundae/ Thunderer for the Sunderer. I couldn't figure out how to edit the list, just the references and discussion.

Comment

Here's a funny thread I found through this about jamming an aircraft in a spot that is impossible to get out of. Called getting "Clegged" apparently, after the dev that posted the original picture.

http://www.planetside-universe.com/s...ad.php?t=41005

Comment

"Farming"

To put one's self in a position to rapidly and repeatedly earn xp and certification points. Especially camping a high-traffic area to get repeated easy kills on the enemy. Bonus points if you delay capturing a base or destroying a sunderer in order to prolong the farm of spawning enemies.

Often used derogatorily, but often more a result of mindless, zerging tactics of the enemy than the player who takes advantage of the situation.
          Teamwork and Tactics are OP

Strait /strāt/ (Noun) A narrow passage of water connecting two seas or two large areas of water: "the Northumberland Strait".

Comment

Click the EDIT button up on the top right to edit the page. It works as long as you are a member of the site. I added the Sunderer one. Good find.
            Last edited by AstroCat; 12-25-2012, 08:31 PM.
            Home/Gaming PC: [email protected]/Asus Rog Maximus VIII Formula/EVGA GTX 1080 SC/Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB)/Corsair Carbide Quiet 600Q/Corsair RM750i/Acer XB270H 27"/BenQ G2400W 24"/Sound BVlaster ZX/Samsung 850 Pro SSDs x2/Samsung 950 Pro x1/Win10 Pro 64bit/Saitek X52/TrackIR3: Pro-TrackClip Pro/

Comment

Originally posted by Strait Raider View Post
              "Farming"

To put one's self in a position to rapidly and repeatedly earn xp and certification points. Especially camping a high-traffic area to get repeated easy kills on the enemy. Bonus points if you delay capturing a base or destroying a sunderer in order to prolong the farm of spawning enemies.

Often used derogatorily, but often more a result of mindless, zerging tactics of the enemy than the player who takes advantage of the situation.
              'Grinding'

Being the enemy in this case, trying to get certs but ultimately failing at it.

"Certainly, being bombarded with 105 millimeter shells is bad. But the knowledge that you've armed your enemy thus, with your sloth and your ineptitude, unfolds in the heart like a poison." Tycho from Penny Arcade in reference to the nuke in MW2

Comment

Remembered a couple more:

Underpowered: All weapons available to me.
                Overpowered: All weapons available to the enemies.

Comment

"SOE Nerfing"

To nerf all aspects of a unit while subsequently buffing multiple aspects of its counter in order to correct a slight imbalance.

;)
                  Teamwork and Tactics are OP

Strait /strāt/ (Noun) A narrow passage of water connecting two seas or two large areas of water: "the Northumberland Strait".

Comment

Originally posted by SoloDaNINJA View Post
                    Remembered a couple more:

Underpowered: All weapons available to me.
                    Overpowered: All weapons available to the enemies.
                    Recoil: That thing that makes NC Hard Mode ;D

Comment

Originally posted by Ytman View Post
                      Recoil: That thing that makes NC Hard Mode ;D
                      CARV9 or the basic Vanu assault rifle: "Cheapest weapon in the game." (As said by the NC)

Guass SAW or the Hacksaw: "OMGWTFBBQ, the most OP weapon in the game" (As said by everyone on the forums except for the NC.)

Seriously, the arguments get even sillier on the SOE forums. :D I saw them after the first patch hit, they were ablaze with rage.

"Certainly, being bombarded with 105 millimeter shells is bad. But the knowledge that you've armed your enemy thus, with your sloth and your ineptitude, unfolds in the heart like a poison." Tycho from Penny Arcade in reference to the nuke in MW2

Comment

Girl please, the arguments have been raging in the SOE forums since tech test. :D In the immortal words of our leader, Higby: "Rock: 'Paper is OP, nerf it. Scissors are balanced."

Comment

Originally posted by Mech__Warrior View Post
                          Hacksaw
                          My favorite is: Skillsaw :)
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SoloDaNINJA View Post
                            Girl please, the arguments have been raging in the SOE forums since tech test. :D In the immortal words of our leader, Higby: "Rock: 'Paper is OP, nerf it. Scissors are balanced."
                            I think I've seen this before; Flyboys: "Anti-air is OP, nerf plz." *Sony nerfs. Suddenly, aircraft are too strong and when it gets a subsequent buff, no one complains.*

Comment

ADS: Aiming Down Sights

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse