Re: Easy, Medium, or Hard?

Hahaha. I want to see the blurb for TR.

Comment

Woot woot! Nc!
        |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

As someone who plays TR and VS consistently, I can safely say that the picture is false... Still pretty funny though. DUBSTEP!
          May you be covered in the dust of your Rabbi.

Comment

I want to see the blurbs for all. Make it a flash! XD

"Certainly, being bombarded with 105 millimeter shells is bad. But the knowledge that you've armed your enemy thus, with your sloth and your ineptitude, unfolds in the heart like a poison." Tycho from Penny Arcade in reference to the nuke in MW2

Comment

Have to agree lol

Vanu - No recoil, near invisible at night Ninja/Space Gimp Sex Leotard

Terran Republic - Gun upgrade - COD extended magazine perk for the man who can't hit a barn door

New Conglomerate - Heroic Space Hero Legend with high recoil, low mag size Man guns that require you aim

Long Live the NC, death to the Space Facists and Purple Perverts!

Comment

Originally posted by Wicks View Post
                Purple Perverts!
                LoL, love it!

Comment

I actually gotta agree, I've been slowly developing a distinct hatred for the Vanu.
                  Home/Gaming PC: [email protected]/Asus Rog Maximus VIII Formula/EVGA GTX 1080 SC/Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB)/Corsair Carbide Quiet 600Q/Corsair RM750i/Acer XB270H 27"/BenQ G2400W 24"/Sound BVlaster ZX/Samsung 850 Pro SSDs x2/Samsung 950 Pro x1/Win10 Pro 64bit/Saitek X52/TrackIR3: Pro-TrackClip Pro/

Comment

Vanu vehicles ARE slightly OP... But when I use their infantry weapons I dont believe they are on average any better than NC. The way it seems to work is:

TR: Very effective close range... But awful medium to long range. Huge COF. Recoil per shot is lower, but combined with high ROF makes their recoil just as bad as NC, coupled with very low ROF. Anything longer than CQB I would take an NC gun. Least powerful vehicles of any faction.

NC: I dont think anybody realizes how much stopping power our guns really have unless you spend a while playing the other factions. Unlike most (but not all) of the people that complain about NC being underpowered, I have spent many hours playing both TR and VS. Good accuracy due to small COF, large amount of recoil, but that recoil is controllable (unlike low DPS). Vehicles are not as powerful as VS, but better than TR.

VS: Very accurate, low recoil. To make up for it they have DPS worse than NC, and ROF worse than TR. Their rate of fire and DPS is a middle ground compared to the other two factions, with their accuracy making up for it.

I would say infantry is pretty well balanced, not perfect, but pretty close. If you would either spend several hours playing each faction, or go to the SOE forums and look at the raw weapons data, I am pretty sure most would agree. Keep in mind that a balanced game doesnt mean that you cant have one area be better than another. For instance, you cant say TR are unbalanced because they are good in CQB, because they have the tradeoff of terrible medium-long range. Its like rock paper scissors. A balanced game isnt everything being the same, its everything having strengths and weaknesses to counteract each other.

I do think the TR's vehicles are a bit underpowered, and the VS vehicles are a bit OP.

I do respect the VS the most though, due to their lesser popularity, and amount of teamwork. If you dont believe me about the teamwork, go look up the vanu alliance. They operate on our server, and they are like the NC coalition, only much bigger and much older. TR kind of have a reputation of having the biggest outfits, but the least amount of coordination between their outfits.

Just my thoughts.
                    May you be covered in the dust of your Rabbi.

Comment

TR are fine at longer ranges. I consistently get sniped by TR LA's. Also I'm pretty sure the vanu alliance is on waterson. At least thats there their planned BRIT vs VA op is happening.

Comment

I don't think anyone is saying that 'in the right hands' factions aren't equal, what they are saying is that learning one faction over the other is easier.

Certainly the NC aren't crazy weak but they do have many factors against their reception from new players. Recoil and fire control is a huge thing not given much attention to in most modern shooters.

The TR, with low recoil excel in CQC with both assault classes. The NC assault, if he wishes to play the game of vertical maneuver and fire, has more factors to compensate for and a lower RoF.

The point isn't raw data but rather practice. Everything might be balanced in a raw sense and for those understand 'how to play to strengths' but generally many players don't have that luck. The VS on our server tends to have higher population than the NC in all times but night. Same with the TR. I personally don't have a good liking to the VS right now, too many crashes to desktop during a heated defense against them from the supposed 'bug', and they tend to ghost cap more than any other Faction. If anything, over this last weekend, I've gotten more respect for the TR.

Comment

i have almost no respect for either....strictly because i have been fighting each since beta :p
                          |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

Solo you dirty sympathiser. I don't want to hear complaints about the poor TR, Space Facists, with their big military extended magazines or those freaks, The Purple Perverts and their Early Learning Lazors with no recoil...you won't probe me you alien lovin, leotard wearing weirdos

Talk to my 'Freedom Hand because the NC face ain't listening:row__631:

Comment

Originally posted by Wicks View Post
                              Solo you dirty sympathiser. I don't want to hear complaints about the poor TR, Space Facists, with their big military extended magazines or those freaks, The Purple Perverts and their Early Learning Lazors with no recoil...you won't probe me you alien lovin, leotard wearing weirdos

Talk to my 'Freedom Hand because the NC face ain't listening:row__631:
                              ^^ Pure win. :D

p.s. Almost shot coffee outta my nose.

sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse