A late night event, any interest?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A late night event, any interest?

I was thinking about organizing a 10pm CST (+6 GMT) weeknight (Wednesday or Thursday) reoccurring event. I know a few of the outfit are on at that time, and was curious if there were an organized event, if we'd get more. Please feel free to offer up ideas on the type of event, if we get enough of them, I will do a rotation of ideas.

My first idea is a jump assault event. Everyone is either a pilot or Light assault. We rapid deploy behind enemy lines and go about causing havoc, not necessarily to cap, but to cause the enemy to divert from defense/offense. Find a continent that is almost capped and break out. Force them to chase us down, wasting time and resources. This would not be a cert heavy op, but an objective based op. The objective would be deny them from capping the continent.
    sigpic

Re: A late night event, any interest?

I would be in for an hour or so on a weeknight.
    Sounds like a great idea !
    You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to,
    So that when they turn their backs on you,
    You'll get the chance to put the knife in.Pink Floyd "Dogs"

Comment

It'll probably need infils to work well, but it sounds interesting.
      Teamwork and Tactics are OP

Strait /strāt/ (Noun) A narrow passage of water connecting two seas or two large areas of water: "the Northumberland Strait".

Comment

LA is my favorite kit. I have my jump jets just one cert from maxed out. That would be a sight to see. A squad all jet packing in formation! Maybe even a bit intimidating. lol.

That's usually about the time that I'm able to get on, any way. That should be GMT - 6, by the way, not + 6.

Comment

11 pm Eastern is usually the time I'm logging off. If I'm not working the next morning, I'd stay for an organized event. No promises though.

sigpic

Comment

Count me in. Another alternative might be to use Flashes and head deep into enemy territory to do a quick series of caps and hit and run attacks on soft targets. If they come after us in force we can all break off in different directions and rally up at another location if need be.

Comment

I'll be up for this. I'm Eastern but I don't get to play till after midnight EST anyways, so I don't get to see many of y'alls. LA is my primary kit also, so a jump mission would be ideal.
              |TG-6th|Belhade
              "I am actually looking forward to watching Jon and Kate plus 8." - Dirtboy

Comment

I'd like to setup the first event the first Thursday of February, the 7th. 11pm CST, -6GMT. (I picked the date to start this far out to help gather more interest and support) Pilot(engy or medic), Light Assualt, or Infiltrator. Galaxy, Libs or Reavers, for transport. SL must have spawn beacon, for squad redeployment. Also, redeploy will be off objective, so that we can regroup without losing the spawn beacons. Also, as this is more of a harassment mission as opposed to capping, if you die, wait patiently for your squad mates to die before moving away from spawn beacons. This will allow us to easily regroup and hit a different location quickly.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Xen View Post
                  I'd like to setup the first event the first Thursday of February, the 7th. 11pm CST, -6GMT. (I picked the date to start this far out to help gather more interest and support) Pilot(engy or medic), Light Assualt, or Infiltrator. Galaxy, Libs or Reavers, for transport. SL must have spawn beacon, for squad redeployment. Also, redeploy will be off objective, so that we can regroup without losing the spawn beacons. Also, as this is more of a harassment mission as opposed to capping, if you die, wait patiently for your squad mates to die before moving away from spawn beacons. This will allow us to easily regroup and hit a different location quickly.
                  I love the idea of using the spawn beacon and the redeploy function for quick and unobserved movement around the map.
                  You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to,
                  So that when they turn their backs on you,
                  You'll get the chance to put the knife in.Pink Floyd "Dogs"

Comment

The desired SLs should be focusing on upgrading the Spawn Beacon.

Comment

I am going to move the discussion of tactics on the first Op to another thread, keep this one going for interest, to gauge possible numbers.
                      sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X