Hey all, couple Q's.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey all, couple Q's.

Hi Guys, former member from ages and ages ago in BF2142 as well as a little bit in some of the COD's. (And just playing on the server in a few other games.)

Currently I'm on Connery in planetside 2, and found myself fondly remembering the extremely structured and formal groups that played on the TG bf2142 servers. I was thinking if they ever release the account wide unlocks or a transfer or something that I might want to get back with my favorite co-ordinated group. I actually prefer BF3 more than this game, but I feel the mechanics allow for more of that old bf2142 feel more here.

One of my questions though is, from looking at a few threads appears that things are being run similar to my bf2142 experience, but I was wondering what kind of numbers TG has? IE enough for a full squad or 2 most of the time, only during peak evening hours, etc? Or is there a smaller TG presence in this game? I'm a pretty busy person these days, so could probably consider me more casual. (One or two hours a day or not on for days but then a 6 hour stretch of being online) So I'm wanting to see if there's enough around that I'd actually see other TG instead of continuing to run around solo.

-Datzl
    (Sludig on PS2 and most things these days)
    His duty is honour itself. Even his death - If it is honourable - is a reward and can be no failure, for it has come through duty. Seek honour as you act, therefore, and you will know no fear.-
    Roboute Guilliman,Primarch of the Ultramarines

-EVE: Naune

Re: Hey all, couple Q's.

A whole lot of people have been gone due to vacation, but even then we normally field a squad or two each night. When everybody gets back from vacation and into the swing of things, I anticipate going back to being able to field a near full platoon most nights. That's how it was before the holidays began.
    May you be covered in the dust of your Rabbi.

Comment

After 11pm CST most nights there's usually half dozen or more on running around. Peak hours (5pm-10pm) I've seen almost 2 full platoons of TG'ers.
      sigpic

Comment

This game feels alot like bf2142 in alot of ways, this is just on a slghtly larger scale ;)
        although, there is still lots of room for small squad objectives, its very dynamic in that way
        |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

Originally posted by Xen View Post
          After 11pm CST most nights there's usually half dozen or more on running around. Peak hours (5pm-10pm) I've seen almost 2 full platoons of TG'ers.
          I wasnt aware we had ever gotten more than one platoon... Awesome! I always miss the cool stuff! ;)
          May you be covered in the dust of your Rabbi.

Comment

I take it that not many people are using TS3 when playing this? As whenever I look up at the channels they are very empty. Then I think no one is playing and don't bother to log on.

Still can't get the game to recognise my mic which is so frustrating
            AnimalMother
            Ex TG-31st LR
            "Is it the 31st policy to have hott women as their avatars? Because if so that's a pretty baddass policy." - Pvt. brokeback
            sigpic

Arte et Marte

Comment

Don't let a virtually empty TS channel dissuade you from joining, as the in-game VoIP works rather well and most members use that. Generally speaking, TS is used for idle chit-chat or as a command channel for the PL and SL's.

We also prefer that in-game VoIP be used in order to give potential recruits a good look at how TG plays the game.

As for your microphone not working, start up a new thread and give us some details about the problem. I'm sure we can figure it out.

sigpic

Comment

BF2142 was highly repetitive, lack expansive strategic possibilities, had garish graphics, and was small scale.

PS2 is a significant advance on the BF series.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by E-Male View Post
                  BF2142 was highly repetitive, lack expansive strategic possibilities, had garish graphics, and was small scale.

PS2 is a significant advance on the BF series.
                  I'm not sure we played the same BF2142. For those of us that played competitively it was very strategic. Obviously PS2 is "prettier" than BF2142 but in terms of game play BF2142 is still the standard by which I measure multiplayer games today.

I have high hopes for PS2 and it seems to be living up to the standard (BF2142) but the wildly swinging faction populations and zerg'ing appear to be significant issues for me. I'm still missing the commander position in BF2/BF2142.
                  |TG-88th| DaddyOfThree

Comment

Continent population imbalances and server population in general are keeping me from playing as much as I'd like these days. When is the last time anyone has seen a server or continent queue? I think an overall player drop is what has led to the cont imbalances. Didn't see too much of it when the server was at/near capacity right after launch.

I'm beginning to get a little disheartened as I was hoping this title would be my main for the next several years.
                    Last edited by Harlequin; 01-06-2013, 07:22 PM.

Comment

On the different note. For some reason my mic now works ingame! Now there's no ignoring me
                      AnimalMother
                      Ex TG-31st LR
                      "Is it the 31st policy to have hott women as their avatars? Because if so that's a pretty baddass policy." - Pvt. brokeback
                      sigpic

Arte et Marte

Comment

Originally posted by AnimalMother View Post
                        On the different note. For some reason my mic now works ingame! Now there's no ignoring me
                        darn it......;)
                        |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...