This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you are wondering why fewer and fewer are playing

If you are wondering about the above statement (and several people have asked the question in TS), is because the game is QUITE boring and shallow now. The meta game is completely broken, so the game devolves into a faction finding an empty continent to re-capture or huge zergs rolling. There are no mechanics in the game to prevent the zerg from rolling all in their path, so you can either.. always fight a losing battle, join friendly zerg or capture an empty continent.

This game is really falling far short of my expectations after beta and will likely move on to a game that is actually fun to play.

Re: If you are wondering why fewer and fewer are playing

I've stopped just because I'm taking a break for the most part. Getting back into ArmA a bit. I first stopped playing since the crash bug was getting extremely spammed and made the game unplayable.
    Blackpython / ZephyrDark
    Former 31st RECCE Member

Comment

I'm enjoying out-doing the zerg....
      |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

I'm on holiday in New Zealand so that's why I'm not playing. Looking forward to getting back into the game and seeing what SOE has planned for 2013. Bring it on.

P.s. Let's have more positive posts please.

Comment

I find the Planet Side 2 gameplay tiresome
          The Meta game is absent, the balance seems off and the bugs can turn a good time into wasted time.
          It was fun for a while but has grown stale.
          Hope there are some fixes in the future.

I'm out: See you on another battlefield.
          Sarcoma
          Sarcoma.

Comment

I got Spec Ops: The Line and enjoyed that a bit. Quite honestly I'm tired of the same old BioFarm or Continent swap or Ghost Capping.

I'm quickly feeling that PS2 devs are not responding to the core mechanical issues fast enough. Battle Rank 100 was reached a couple days back for the first time... he was lib gunning with a 10-1 KDR @ ~40k Kills.

I'll also be honest and say that a lack of Outfit level ops with Outfit level CoC.

Comment

I agree the people online is dwindling. I think that much can be contributed by the major flaws and imbalances that exist and have not been addressed. If they don't do something to level game play and add something worthwhile, the game will chase away a lot of people that won't come back.
              "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

Everything you guys have said is what I feel also. Add in getting constantly farmed/killed by the Libs in the air (worst night, the air was swarming with probably 10+ libs and you couldn't move as infantry inside the tech plant). Hopefully they'll update/balance the game or add in some "meta game" advantages but we'll see.

I think one solution to solve the continent fighting/swapping, but might be heavy/hard to implement would be the way that Dark Age of Camelot (considered one of the best, albeit forgotten MMORPGs) did their PVP (they called it Realm vs. Realm since they had 3 factions fighting for territory as well). Each Faction had their "home" continent which they controlled by default. Each continent was connected to the other continents by a land bridge/central uncapturable island (in the later part of the game), through which you would get your zerg or group and run through and could be attacked at random. Once you got to another continent you could then siege/conquer the assortment of castles (insert Bases, Techplanets etc.) that were scattered around the land. It had a lattice system where you could only capture this base if you captured one or 2 or 3 bases that it was connected to it and so forth, so you knew "this is the next base that they will attack, we must defend at all costs". From their you'd continue to conquer the enemy's territory all the way back to their gate which separated the PvP/PvE zones, but you couldn't capture it.

The more territory you held, the more bonuses you got, and after a certain number it opened up rewards that benefited your whole realm even outside of the PvP aspect (insert reward/meta game content here.) You'd have massive sieges spanning hours, involving hundreds of people on both sides, fighting for this one single castle that could decide a continent. Nothing has difficult about it. You crashed through the walls, or the outter gates, broke the inner keep gates, and then killed the Castle Lord (NPC toon) which would then give you the castle. It was a simple yet effective system instead of a CTF/King of the Hill (which i don't think is bad..just.. skewed).

I could see it applied in PS2 if they each gave a continent to each empire by default instead of each continent having a warpgate for each empire. If there was some way that you could span the continents together... a naval/space travel system etc, it would focus the fighting to a more controlled/expected route rather than ghost capping random bases connected by influence.

These Things We Do... That Other's May Live

Comment

They could make it so that it wont let you warp continents if the pop. differnce is over 10% for any one faction
                  I must admit, beta was a load more fun
                  |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

Many things contribute to it. Particularily too many servers and huge disparity in the Infantry V Vehicle combat method. I actually want a full on re-release with all credit restored including SC and Cert point refunds. Just admit it was an open beta and start over you can't lose any more than you've already lost.

Comment

Official Comment

Can we keep the complaining in one thread please, it actually gets boring to click on a thread hoping to have something interesting to read only to find its another "game is broken/game isn't finished/I am not enjoying it/I stopped playing and everybody needs to know, because hey, that's big news" thread.

Let's keep all that in one thread so it doesn't drown out the others. Pick one, because this one is closed.

Comment

Closed.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X