Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SOP Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [ANNOUNCEMENT] SOP Discussion Thread

    OK guys as you can see here we have some nice new SOPs. This thread is where you will discuss them. This is crucial as it allows community feedback into how we want to run our outfit. Most of these are very basic, but if you feel we have forgotten something or something won't work, I would like you to start a discussion about it here in this thread. When you do that I would appreciate some details, such as why you feel it may be better changed etc. Again I want to impress upon you guys to use the CAA thread as well for things like this, if you are unsure, or you want to go into more details.

    Some people think of the CAA thread as the headmasters office, it could not be further from that. If you want to talk to an admin or get our attention it is the only sure fire 100% way that can happen. Posting about changes and complaints without actually coming to an admin in the CAA thread with them is not the way to go. I want to encourage more feedback as it will improve the SOPs and improve the outfit experience overall.

    With that said, have at it.

  • #2
    Re: SOP Discussion Thread

    I don't know why I had the silly thought of everyone saying "BEEP BEEP" over comms instead of typing "cc".

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: SOP Discussion Thread

      thanks for the SOP's jeepo and officer's, great work

      Only foudn one mistake in reading :p
      in the "SOP - Situation Report (SITREP)" thread, in the second paragraph, last sentence you put "Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter" instead of Planetside 2 XD
      |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: SOP Discussion Thread

        Originally posted by di1lweed1212 View Post
        thanks for the SOP's jeepo and officer's, great work

        Only foudn one mistake in reading :p
        in the "SOP - Situation Report (SITREP)" thread, in the second paragraph, last sentence you put "Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter" instead of Planetside 2 XD
        That was intentional to see if you read it! ;)

        Great catch, fixed!

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: SOP Discussion Thread

          I like the idea of the "click click", but I'm confused on the implementation. Is there a way to program inside the game to just click a button and it just types it in chat? I'm a little computer/technologically deficient when it comes to programming examples like this.


          These Things We Do... That Other's May Live

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: SOP Discussion Thread

            If you feel this play style is not suited to you gaining maximum certs, then perhaps a reassessment of your desire to be at TG is in order. As per the Primer, we play for each other, not unlocks.
            I think this needs to be the motto of TG.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: SOP Discussion Thread

              Most of the time I feel like playing with TG. Other times, I just want to farm certs or goof off and commando around. If i just want to farm, I join the zerg, and not the TG squad. It is not complicated, if you're in the TG squad, you're expected to play by the rules and follow command orders. If you're in the outfit, you're expected to follow the TG bylaws of no teamkilling, suicide runs, etc.

              That is the way I understand it.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: SOP Discussion Thread

                Originally posted by Serjikal View Post
                I like the idea of the "click click", but I'm confused on the implementation. Is there a way to program inside the game to just click a button and it just types it in chat? I'm a little computer/technologically deficient when it comes to programming examples like this.
                I'm not sure if PS2 supports any type of macros, but if you're in the outfit and/or squad channel (depending on current circumstances) just hitting "/" and then typing "cc" would take care of it. This simple process has made things highly efficient in other titles throughout the ages. It's just a quick and easy way to acknowledge an order without cluttering up comms.
                Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: SOP Discussion Thread

                  Originally posted by Boogalo View Post
                  Most of the time I feel like playing with TG. Other times, I just want to farm certs or goof off and commando around. If i just want to farm, I join the zerg, and not the TG squad. It is not complicated, if you're in the TG squad, you're expected to play by the rules and follow command orders. If you're in the outfit, you're expected to follow the TG bylaws of no teamkilling, suicide runs, etc.

                  That is the way I understand it.
                  Yup... That about sums it up.

                  It would be impractical to be forced to use alternative characters or alternative servers to "practice" with a weapon, vehicle or an IHS we need to be flexible enough to allow TG members to connect and play PS2 WITHOUT expecting that 100% of their time is FORCED into outfit activity. I've tried a couple times to get some practice sessions going with the 42nd but it becomes difficult when it's assumed that we're not ALLOWED to practice together or to work on various tactics and/or strategy.

                  I spent a ton of time working on some range tables for both my Vanguard as well as certain pieces of emplaced weaponry that will be made public when I'm done, all of which would be 100% impossible if I was required to spend every connected moment dedicated to the platoon and/or outfit.
                  Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: SOP Discussion Thread

                    Originally posted by Boogalo View Post
                    Most of the time I feel like playing with TG. Other times, I just want to farm certs or goof off and commando around. If i just want to farm, I join the zerg, and not the TG squad. It is not complicated, if you're in the TG squad, you're expected to play by the rules and follow command orders. If you're in the outfit, you're expected to follow the TG bylaws of no teamkilling, suicide runs, etc.

                    That is the way I understand it.
                    I also wanted to quote this bc I think people need to do this more. If not, we will end up with no one wanting to lead bc too many people aren't listening or are purely concentrated on farming. Buffy ;) <3.

                    I'd say there is time to get some points also, but if it stays with that, TG will not be different from the others at all.




                    Sometimes I see something I'll call TG-exceptionalism. The sometimes irrational belief that TG is somehow innately superior. That is not how it works. It is as weird to me as the American exceptionalism that some see. Sometimes as TG we have been superior. But it does not magically flow from the primer all the time in every game. If we want to claim that superiority, then it is something we actually have to do pratically. Something to live up to/prove over and over.


                    @ Apophis. About the 42nd feeling they can't practice. The thing is that this happened at times when we hadn't seen or heard leadership for a long time in the game, and people were waiting for invites to the outfit. It created problems and it was difficult. Then we had to explain that to new members and we couldn't. It was really a problem. It was a problem not bc you guys were doing your own thing, but bc you were doing it when the leadership was needed quite acutely. This is not a case of our impatience. It was an actual problem that was hurting us as a community, and leadership was not seeing it. We had to explain the absence of our leadership to new people, while our leaders were obviously on the server, and while we had no idea of the reasons they were doing this. It really made us look splintered, disorganised, bad, as an outfit. It was really not our impatience, it was us being in an impossible position, thus creating stress.




                    @SOPs: Well done, I see no problems. But I would stress one thing perhaps more.

                    We have a disadvantage ocmpared to other teams in recruiting bc of our teamspeak and forum procedure. We cannot give anyone that wants an invite so that they can become 'recruit' in the outfit and have acces to our outfit-open squads all the time. So a guy will join, have a great time, and look for us the next day. ... He may not see an open TG squad for a whole week bc many people are still running outfit only.

                    I'm saying we got to open them up. Keep 'private' ticked if you don't want auto-joiners in, but we should make up for our complicated procedures by opening our squads ALL the time. There has to be a way I feel for non-outfit members to play with us regularly if they so desire.
                    Last edited by BigGaayAl; 01-08-2013, 10:37 PM.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: SOP Discussion Thread

                      I just went back in the spotting SOP. And I noticed something absent that we used in BF2PR a lot:

                      The distinction between
                      "enemy spotted" (but he has not seen us)
                      and
                      "contact" (and they have seen us).

                      While I'm out of the habit of using this consistently, it is a very practical SOP and helps facilitate the implementation of fire-discipline with the three color codes.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: SOP Discussion Thread

                        Originally posted by BigGaayAl View Post
                        @ Apophis. About the 42nd feeling they can't practice. The thing is that this happened at times when we hadn't seen or heard leadership for a long time in the game, and people were waiting for invites to the outfit. It created problems and it was difficult. Then we had to explain that to new members and we couldn't. It was really a problem. It was a problem not bc you guys were doing your own thing, but bc you were doing it when the leadership was needed quite acutely. This is not a case of our impatience. It was an actual problem that was hurting us as a community, and leadership was not seeing it. We had to explain the absence of our leadership to new people, while our leaders were obviously on the server, and while we had no idea of the reasons they were doing this. It really made us look splintered, disorganised, bad, as an outfit. It was really not our impatience, it was us being in an impossible position, thus creating stress.
                        I think we're talking about different incidents. I stand by what I said for the reasons I said it though. I was told this directly and it had nothing to do with outfit invitations at all.

                        We have a disadvantage ocmpared to other teams in recruiting bc of our teamspeak and forum procedure. We cannot give anyone that wants an invite so that they can become 'recruit' in the outfit and have acces to our outfit-open squads all the time. So a guy will join, have a great time, and look for us the next day. ... He may not see an open TG squad for a whole week bc many people are still running outfit only.

                        I'm saying we got to open them up. Keep 'private' ticked if you don't want auto-joiners in, but we should make up for our complicated procedures by opening our squads ALL the time. There has to be a way I feel for non-outfit members to play with us regularly if they so desire.
                        Good suggestion for dealing with the forum requirements. I think any squad that is operating in a fashion where they want/can take on new people it's a great suggestion that they run open. But saying that they need to be open ALL the time still poses complications as "ALL" doesn't leave much room for interpretation and would go back to the same issue of those in the IHS system not being able to practice and/or leverage that system. I would probably say that squads should be ENCOURAGED to run open as much as possible but not forced to be open "ALL" the time.
                        Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: SOP Discussion Thread

                          I agree "ALL the time" is not necessary at all. Reading it now I think it was my love for exaggeration getting to me. I think opening the squads regularly is would like to propose.

                          Comment

                          Connect

                          Collapse

                          TeamSpeak 3 Server

                          Collapse

                          Advertisement

                          Collapse

                          Twitter Feed

                          Collapse

                          Working...
                          X